Chapter 12 - Move on

Point of View: Eddie Vedder

Stone came inside, his hair a mess.

"You just go fuck Jerry or something?" Chris joked.

Stone fixed his hair quickly with his hands. "No. Me and Jerry arent messing around."

"Anymore?"

"What?"

"Yoy said you weren't messing around. You mean anymore?"

Stone rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"So...why not?" Chris poked.

"Hes with Layne. I'm not gonna seek out Jerry when hes with another man." Stone grabbed a soda from the fridge, then leaned back against the counter. "Plus. I want a real relationship now."

"You and Jerry weren't in a real relationship?" Chris continued.

Stone glared at him. "You know we werent."

I stepped in. "So why are you here?"

"I need to borrow a jacket or something. I have a date and I'm not trying to get soaked by the rain."

"With who?" I asked.

"Matt."

Chris pushed passed me. "Cameron??"

Stone nodded, and smirked.

Chris pointed a finger at Stones chest. "I dont want to know about anything that happens between you two- if anything at all. I don't want our friendship or workspace ruined. Got it?"

Stone grabbed Chris' finger, and took it off of him. "Dont worry. I told you- I want something real."

I wrapped my arms around Chris' shoulders and pulled him back, before kissing him on the cheek. "It'll be alright Chris." I pulled back, took off my jacket, and threw it to Stone to borrow. He nodded, and quickly ran out.

Chris turned to face me, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Remember how everyone doubted us dating? Cause they were afraid it'd ruin our bands friendships with us? Everything went smooth afterwards. Maybe it'll happen with Stone and Matt."

I softly kissed his lips, then moved my arms to be around his back. "Matt's a nice guy. Stones just tired of being a fuck buddy with Jerry. Maybe they both need this relationship. At least to try."

Chris nodded, and pushed my hair behind my ear. "Maybe you're right."

"Of course I am."

Chris looked around the room. "Let's go on a date. Go to the beach."

I smiled at him. "Really?"

"Yeah. Get your surfing stuff."

I furrowed my brows at him. "Won't it rain though?"

Chris shrugged. "Not till late tonight. We'll leave when it rains." He wrapped his arms around me, and pressed our foreheads together. "Until then- I wanna see you surf."

I scoffed at him. "You just want to see me in a tight wet suit."

"If I planned for this night to get sexual i wouldn't have you put on a wetsuit to surf. You know how fucking hard it is to get those off?"

I laughed, and walked into the closet to get my things. "You're stupid."

***
We got to the beach, and Chris told me to go ahead and surf if I wanted to.

"I'll cheer you on baby!" He yelled, as i jogged out to the water. I ran backwards so I could still see him. His fists were pumped up in the air and he was yelling "Woooo!!!" I laughed and turned back around. I ran out to the deeper water, and waited for the biggest wave to appear before hopping on my surfboard. I was riding well until a giant wave knocked me off. I winced once I felt my shin scrape up against a rock. I grabbed me leg and winced at the pain. Before I knew it a wave came over me, shoving me beneath the water, back into the rock. I felt the fabric at my knee tear before hearing Chris yell my name. I got back above the water, grasping onto my surfboard, before using my one leg to try and push myself forward. Chris finally reached me, and grabbed onto my board, pulling it in front of him, as he swam backwards.

"What happened!?" Chris asked.

I winced, and held my eyes shut, trying to squeeze the salt water out of them. "My leg."

"Did you sprain your ankle or something?"

I shook my head. "It ran up against a rock. Twice."

We were getting closer to shore. "Are you bleeding?"

"I dont know. But it stings like a bitch."

Chris undid my leg rope. Detaching my board from my ankle. He dragged me by my arms up on shore. He sat behind my leg. I flinched once his hand reached for the cut.

"I'll be careful." He said.

I closed my eyes, feeling his soft touch run over the cuts. One on my knee, one on my shin, down towards my ankle.

"We should get you home. Get this sand out of your cuts."

I nodded, and sat up, before Chris helped me up, slinging my arm around his shoulders, helping me keep balance as I hopped up on one foot.

"I got it." I said.

Chris shook his head. "I'll help you. I'll come back for your board."

Chris helped me to the car. Lightly placing my hurt leg in the car. I started to unzip my suit, pulling my arms out, and stopping at my waist. Chris came back, hauling my board, before putting it in the back.

He settled into his seat and started the engine. "You alright?"

I nodded. "This tight fabric doesnt feel nice against my cuts though."

"Let's get you home. Alright?"

I smiled at him, as he turned on the radio and drove off.

"Sorry for getting sand all In your car." I said.

"Im the one who got sand all over you. I'll just vacuum it out."

When we got there, Chris helped me up the steps, then laid me on the couch, before leaving into our bedroom.