Chapter 16 - So..what now?

Point of View: Layne Staley

I was gettin kinda used to not having to be all sentimental with Jerry. Now that I got him to cave in and date me.. I kinda didnt know what to do.

I didnt know what Jerry was like as a boyfriend- only as a fuck buddy.

I didnt know his boundaries or anything. I dont know what he does and doesnt want in this relationship.

All I knew was that i wanted him. I wanted him to protect me. I wanted us to write music together. Maybe even be famous together. I wanted the sappy shit. But also the stuff we had before.

I got out of a relationship with this girl named Demri a few years ago. We were doing really good. But she got sick. Was in the hospital a lot. We drifted a bit, but stayed together.. then she passed away.

I want what Demri and I had back. But she was gone and I had to move on. With Jerry.  I'm needing what he has to offer.

I woke up tangled in Jerry's arms. His hair laid across my chest. He had a tight grip on me. Like he didn't want to let go. Didn't want me to leave when I woke up. Which sucked cause I had to take a piss.. but theres no way I'd get up now.

I felt Jerry flinch once he realized I was awake.

"Good Morning babe." He said softly.

Hearing him call me babe.. hearing him talk to me like.. my boyfriend made me blush.

"Good Morning." I said back.

I felt him nuzzle his face into my ribs, and sigh heavily.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I forgot how nice this felt."

"What?"

"Holding someone. Being held."

I smiled at what he said. "Oh."

He lightly nodded.

"Well now you'll get to so it all the time.. since we're dating."

"I like it."

"I'm glad."