Sing for Me (Husband!Kaminari X GN!Married!Reader)

WE'RE BACK BABY!! THE DISCOUNTINUATION HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!
I wanna note, before I start this on these next couple of chapters, I haven't seen any of the new season (except for a little bit,, like the first couple of episodes) so I may stay a little from canon. Sorry about that! Anyways, let's get on with it!

TW: --

Your Quirk: Anxiety Relief. You can take away people's anxiety and stress through certain physical touch. The only problem is that the stress and anxiety transfers over to you.
////

Kaminari and (Y/n) had been married for almost a year at this point. Kaminari had gone on to become a professional hero, and (Y/n) a professional hero-healer. They could often be found after a fight, checking in on heroes and calming them down, and (although they weren't supposed to) they often prioritized places where Kaminari had been. He was their husband after all, what did you expect!? Granted, the two had actually been dating since their U.A. days. (Y/n) had always been in the support class, but they didn't mind. They would probably make an awful hero anyways.

It had been a long day for the both of them. (Y/n) had arrived home at around 4PM, and Kaminari around 5PM. (Y/n) had spent half the day fixing their broken uniform (there was this one pocket that kept ripping off and honestly (Y/n) was having none of it), and the other half of the day stuck in traffic. Kaminari on the other hand had spent most of the day fighting petty crimes, although there were a lot of them and he was pretty worn out.

(Y/n) started on dinner as soon as they got home, even though they were pretty exhausted. Denki's gonna be hungry when he gets home, he always is... (Y/n) thought to themself as they slipped a few pass packets of Top Ramen into a pot of boiling water. They took a step back and grabbed their phone out of their pocket, only now realizing they never bothered to take their uniform off. (Y/n) was about to text Kaminari and ask when he'd be home, but just when they were about to, they heard the front door open and an exaughsted Kaminari stumble through it.

Something important to note about the relationship between these two is that there's actually not a lot of communication. Sure, they communicate boundaries and things like that, but Kaminari isn't (and most likely never will be) good at talking about his feelings and all that. So how have they stayed together so long? Simple. (Y/n), possibly due to their quirk, is very good at reading body language. They can tell from the slightest movement someones current mood, and it's very helpful when it comes to Kaminari, because he cannot articulate a full sentence to save his life; especially when he's over-used his powers.

"Hey, babe." (Y/n) called out to the door as they went back to fixing up the noodles. "I'm in the kitchen. Come in, I missed you." They smiled slightly, breathing a content sigh as they continued to stir, the only noise being the bubbling of the water and the occasional flicker of the flame underneath the pot.

Suddenly, interrupting the quiet of the room, stumbled in a clearly over-worked Denki. Now, he wasn't completley burnt out, but (Y/n) could tell that he had only just left that state (which was quite concerning considering that he'd driven home). (Y/n) chuckled watching Kaminari alumo down on the floor, staring at the ceiling like it was the most interesting thing in the world. "I take it you had a long day?" (Y/n) said with a chuckle, trying to hide how tired they were as they flicked off the stove.

"Yeah...long is one way to out it..." Kaminari blinked slowly, sort of one eye at a time like a lizard.

"Do you want me to...ya know..." (Y/n) leaned down, going to place their hand on Kaminari's forehead.

"No...you're already tired..." Kaminari gently took his spouses hand and moved it away. (Y/n) frowned.

"Well, I do want to help you..." the sat down on the floor next to him, staring up at the ceiling like he was. Kaminari grinned.

"Sing for me."

Now, (Y/n) was not a singer. They never had been and never will be. Ita not that they couldn't sing, their voice was actually pretty nice! It was just that that didn't really enjoy singing for others so much. "S...sing...?" They mumbled, focusing their attention back into their husband. "Why?"

"Cause I wanna hear your voice!" Kaminari said, pouting like a child. "I'm not gonna force you but..."

"N-no, it's okay! I can sing for you I guess..." (Y/n) chuckled awkwardly, looking down at the dirty kitchen floor. They seriously needed to mop, or at least go sit somewhere less gross. Denki looked pretty tired, though, and it was pretty obvious that he wasn't going anywhere. There was acc bit longer if a pause before the silence was slowly broken.

"You are my sunshine..."
.
.
.
"My only sunshine..."
.
.
.
"You make me happy when skies are grey..."
.
.
.
"You'll never know dear..."

"How much I love you..."

"Please dont take...my sunshine...away."

There was long pause after the song ended, mostly just of Kaminari soaking up what had just graced his ears. And for that moment, while the two of them sat there as the sun began to set on their dirty kitchen floor still in their work clothes, something connected them. Something defying the bizzare nature of the scene. As
(Y/n) and Kaminari made eye contact and he gave them that goofy grin and they gave back that sly smile it was obvious that those two dorks were completely in love. It wasn't very glamorous and they would look like complete idiots to anyone else, but that wasn't the point. The point was that they cared about eachother in a way that you don't even realize most of the time. A subconscious feeling that this person whas your soulmate that always followed you but you tended to ignore and then when you saw that person you'd think "Oh yeah, I'm in love with that dumbass!" And as stupid as the two of you were, God it felt so good.

////
1069 words heheheh nice
Also don't get used to this cutesy shit, I'm doing angst soon