5. From Me To You

Rhyett's Point of View

He parked in front of my tall apartment building, the car came to a complete halt as he dropped me off from the sweetest date ever.

We had gone to a very empty, lowkey restaurant somewhere fancy. It was a night of good food, great conversation and we even slow danced in the middle of the floor as if we were in some romance movie. I truly felt like Bell from Beauty and the Beast. It was honestly perfect and Xander's a complete gentlemen, if I may add.

I've never met anyone as well mannered and put together as him. He was charming and like something out of a fairytale. He had a dashing smile and eyes like the a blue, calm, enticing ocean, with perfectly placed blonde hair and he was built like a soccer player.

I bit my lip nervously as I stared at him from the comfortable, heated passenger seat of his very nice sports car, I think it was a Porsche I don't really know cars, but it was nice.

He was nice and nothing like the boys from Cali. Very far from it.

"Well..." I said "this is me." I pointed my eyes at the building, smiling awkwardly and then he said "yeah it is." In a smooth tone.

"I had a good time." I nodded,

I wondered if he was going to kiss me and to be fair I was kind of waiting for it,

I mean the date was amazing, we connected, we flirted, we-

"Yeah me too. Don't forget the leftovers and your dessert." He said as if a light bulb went off in his head as he had remembered and then reached in the back for it to then place the takeaway boxes in my hand.

"Thanks." I smiled, waiting just a little longer, almost giving him an extended chance.

"Yeah, I'll see you at school? Tomorrow I'll get you if you cool with that?" He smirked, brushing his hand through his hair.

"Of course I am." I turned my body to open the door with my one hand, rolling my eyes at how nerve wrecking this was,

And then I climbed out of his car and shut the door as I was now standing in the cold night air, the coldness similar to the feeling of wondering if he didn't want to kiss me because he just didn't like me like that.

He then buzzed down his window and yelled "Do you want me to walk you up?" As I turned around and then I glanced at him, swallowing.

"Nah I'm good. I'm a big girl I'll see you in the morning." I smiled forcing myself to be flirtatious but I was actually confused as fuck "Goodnight Xander." I ended off and then blew him a kiss as I turned towards the front door of my building entrance just as a slight breeze had danced through my hair and then swam down the empty street to whip through the leaves, making me clutch my arms to create warmth.

I pulled out my phone after putting the takeaway boxes on the counter of the front desk as I was greeted by Ms Winkle, the woman who worked there.

"You okay Rhyett?" I heard her ask as I walked towards the elevator in a light daze and then I turned to say "yeah, boy drama but nothing big." I laughed snapping out of it and then I changed the subject.

"Hey, Ms Winkle...can I leave those boxes there, a friend of mine is going to come get it in a few. His names Maverick, hazel eyes, floppy dark hair, looks as if he hates the world." I shrugged laughing, "you'll know what I mean when you see him. He'll come around in probably ten minutes."

She chuckled listening to me, shaking her head at the teenage youth and then responded "No problem. I'll make sure he gets it." I smiled at her words and her kindness before walking off, just wanting to go to bed,