6. A Game Worth Playing

Maverick's Point of View

New York was beautiful at night, but I didn't always think that. I had hated this city when I had first moved here to live with Kenzo and his family, when I was forced to leave my mother behind in Spain.

It was hard to be away from her, it still fucking is, but I know that Luca being non-existent was safer for both her and I.

I watched the colorful glistened flashes of light and a glittering captivating mirage as we drove through the city,

Him and I,

And he was being strangely quiet, maybe a little too quiet. Something was definitely fucking up.

I created slits with my eyes and then twisted my neck to face him,

Tusco sat comfortably in the drivers seat, one hand on the steering wheel as he stared off into the depth of the road, something was on his mind. He wasn't being his normal self,

I cleared my throat.

"The fuck is your problem?" I raised a brow turning down the sound of 6lack floating mystically in the space of his car and then he licked his lips.

"I'd rather not say." He shrugged and then I rolled my eyes brushing my hand through my hair as I exhaled "Look if you didn't want to drive me to Beth's party. You could have fucking said so."

He laughed lightly but he's eyes still had that look of depth and emptiness in them "The fuck? I offered to! I mean I'm not going to have my baby boy drinking and driving, plus it's Friday and it's a full moon. It's coven night." He shrugged "we can't exactly tell a taxi driver to drop you off in the middle of the forest, now can we?" He laughed.

The forest was our spot and grounds for practice. Tonight was a full moon which meant that we were camping out. Every full moon, our magic is given a pass. We can practice spells without the cost of a sacrifice therefore making it free magic,

It's like going to a fucking candy store and picking out whatever you wanted for free, no price no punishment.

"Yo, don't call me baby boy, you piece of shit." I smiled shoving him lightly. I hate when my brothers refer to me as the baby even though I am, but fuck that shit. "Look are you going to tell me what the fuck is up with you? Or do you want me to set your favorite sneakers on fire, those Jordan's are pretty limited so I suggest you start talking boy" I played and then he laughed.

"Bitch if you ever do that I will fucking make you choke on your own spit." He said in jest.

"But seriously" his laughing eyes toned itself down from a twinkle and glimmer to dullness and grey "if I tell you, you can't get mad." He said cautiously as he switched lanes and then stoped at the red light that flashed in our faces, adding a layer of resting red to settle on the surface of our skins as if it had absorbed the color.

"I'm not making promises." I narrowed my eyes,

I hope this is not about a fucking girl. I have enough girl drama happening around me and honestly I can't fucking be giving anyone girl advice right now, when I cant even decide if I can be friends with the girl that lives across from me or if I should finally pop the will you be my girlfriend question to the girl who I'm currently seeing, who acts like my girlfriend even though she ain't.

"At this point, I honestly don't give a fuck. I just need to talk about this. It's on my fucking mind." He said in a hurry as he put the car into motion at the switch of the red glow turning bright green "Remember the grimoire..." he stared off saying with a sigh of relief.

"Don't tell me you still fucking have it. If Kenzo finds out that we-" I begin to panic, Kenzo was a dick and even though I could probably beat the shit out his weak ass,