32. Let Me Save You

Rhyett's Point of View

I stood in the gloomy emptiness of Maverick's bedroom just starting out of the window as I drank some hot witches tea. It was suppose to calm me Kenzo said but, I didn't need to be calm,

I needed to know that Nixon was okay. I swallowed just staring blankly out into the greenness that was his backyard, my fingers gripped the cup a little tighter as I thought about my father and him doing this,

being the cause of this, I could feel my heart hurt.

I hardly knew him but I honestly began to question why I had to be given two parents who were as terrible as they were,

as if one wasn't enough.

I don't know how I can forgive him for this, if he kills Nixon I don't think I ever will, regardless if he thinks he's protecting me or not,

I would be done with him.

I took another sip and then heard his foot steps coming up the wide staircase.

Maverick.

I turned around before he could reach his bedroom, having my back face the large window.

He had Vinnie in his arms, he was cradling him. It was sweet to see him with a baby,

This warmed my heart a little. Today was Maverick's first time meeting his nephew and he's been attached to even from the first moment he saw him.

I smiled small as he nodded "refill?" He asked and then I shook my head just as Vinnie began to groan and then Maverick rocked him back and forth in order to calm him before he began to cry.

"I don't know where he is either Byron! Look he probably went away on some vacation Nixon does that sometimes to clear his head, you know he does." We heard Kenzo on the phone arguing with Nixon's manager again, apparently Nixon has a pop-up show in LA introducing his new song with Machine Gun Kelly, in two weeks. Byron, his manager is freaking out and this is the 7th time he's called Kenzo.

"No Bryon! Don't report him missing the media will go insane. I'm sure he's fine! He'll call!" I saw Kenzo bolt through the hallway passing the room Maverick and I were standing in as a glimpse of him shot by. "Bryon, I have a kid and I have a life of my own that I need to worry about. Nixon will call you. If I hear word from him I'll let you know but until then just relax, going missing is a Nixon thing! Its what he does! He'll show up." Kenzo yelled and then hung up as he rushed down the staircase.

We couldn't let word get out that Nixon was missing, it will bring too much attention and the witch would could use less of that.

I breathed in shaking my head in disbelief as I felt that haunting feeling of agony settle down on me.

"Where's Talia?" I asked Maverick, tucking a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"She'll be here soon." He assured me but I was growing impatient and maybe that was selfish...but for God sake, Nixon is missing!

"When is soon!? Nixon is probably being tortured or dead and all of us are just sitting here, waiting!?" I yelled, as my faces formed to show helplessness.

"Don't raise your voice at me Rhy, we don't have a choice! They have an Elder witch who's working with them! I need all the magical help I can get and Talia is out there killing a life so she can be more powerful in order to help us!" He screamed but tried to keep his calm because of Vinnie.

"I get that!" I shook my head feeling my heart drum "but!" I pushed my tears back "He's my best friend Maverick, I care about him." I said softly as I admitted something so real. We didn't spend a lot of time together but it was real, the bond between him and I.