15. The Calm

Rhyett's Point of View.

"If your blinds are closed how how am I sup- suppose to know that you're okay!? Fuck! Can you just make shit easy for once!" He said still laying on the surface of the floor not even trying to get up as he shut his eyes.

"Okay get up! You're clearly not making sense right now!" I marched over to him and then attempted to pull him up. I grabbed his hand but it was like trying to move a house. He was pure dead weight. "Maverick! I swear!"

"I!" He screamed and then said softly "like it here...on..the floor." He breathed in as he was much calmer now while his eyes still stayed closed.

"Lay down here with me." He asked gently as he slowly opened his eyes staring up at my ceiling. I didn't respond nor move.

It was hard to believe that this helpless boy laying drunk in the middle of my lounge floor had killed a whole town of people. He couldn't even speak properly.

I kept looking at him as he blew a bubble with his spit and then it popped causing him to smirk and half laugh under his breath at himself.

Why was that so adorable and kinda gross at the same time.

He titled his head up "Please Rhyett lay here with me."

"On the floor Maverick?"

I didn't mop yesterday so it's kinda a little dirty, I had to admit..and I just showered.

He then nodded sweetly as my stupid ass who hated this boy early on, was now about to lay on the floor with him.

Fine.

I then got down onto my knees and then laid down beside him on the hardness of the wood.

It was silent for a moment as we both stared at the white ceiling.

He then broke the silence with his next words "I like the stars. In New York it's hard to see them clearly unless..unless you're really high up. The many buildings always block them." He nodded and then sniffed.

"Wanna see something cool." He turned from facing the ceiling to now facing me as I smiled small and nodded.

He then focused on the empty space as little dots of burning light appeared out of nowhere, floating in the air above our heads like fireflies dancing to a slow song sang by John Mayer. The little sparks so whimsical and dirty.

It was gorgeous, it has had some how reminded me of tiny Tinkerbell's. This was so fucking breathe taking to witness.

I then glanced at him with wide smiling eyes as he had continued to focus while the burning dots started to rapidly move and swim around as he had forced them to fall in line with what he was creating in his mind.

He smiled as all of the little lights stopped and then looked at me with excitement as I still kept staring at him,

and then he said "c-can you see it." He reached his hand over to cup my jaw, in order to point my head up "it's Orion." He nodded and then pointed his index finger onto the air aiming at the three bright lights. "That's his belt." He had showed me and then I could had seen it.

Orion.

This was incredible. It was beautiful. I had never seen anything as beautiful. The twinkled like real stars, dreaming me to appreciate it beauty. I wanted to reach my hand out to touch it, but I didn't because I knew it would burn me.

"I do!" I squealed as he smirked while we had now both faced each other "sometimes when the sky is covered, I just lay in bed at night and stare up at this. It comforts me." He said and then I had responded to his words "it's beautiful, Maverick."