24. Daddy's Home

Maverick's Point of View

My girlfriend stood up from her seat at the dinner table, carrying our plates to my sink as Tus and I had gathered our things to leave.

Blair tidied the table as she smiled warmly at Tusco from across the room. He winked as she flirted with her eyes and then her dark hair fell into her face while she had looked down to wipe the surface of the table with a cloth.

Fucking cute.

I like this between them. Whatever the fuck it is. I mean she's nice and she's appreciative of Rhy, Tus and I for doing this but in the back of my mind I feel like it would be fucked up if I didn't express my concerns with Tusco.

She just got out of a relationship and the way they flirt seems a bit too fast, and that's not healthy,

But then again what do I know about giving relationship advice my Mrs ain't even speaking to ya boy right now.

"Thanks for dinner, the food was great. You guys really saved Maverick and I from another meal at Changs." Rhy smiled and then Tus responded as he was standing by the door waiting for me to put my wallet into my pocket and grab my car keys.

Apparently I was driving tonight. I don't feel like driving, maybe I can convince Tus to.

"It's the least we could do honestly, Blair and I really appreciate what you guys did for us."

"That's sweat Tusco, we're happy to do it." Rhy shrugged and then glanced at me with her pretty shiny blue eyes as I pushed the toothpick in my mouth to the opposite corner of my lips with tongue.

"You got all your stuff?" She asked and then I nodded "yeah babe," I smirked and then walked toward the door as Tusco said goodbye to her and Blair and then walked out into the passage.

Rhy followed behind me as Blair went into the kitchen to give us privacy and then I rotated my body as I reached the doorframe, to face her.

She inhaled deeply, she looked pissed off but mainly concerned.

"I love you." I started off but she just kept staring at me "as soon as it's all done, I'll be home." I nodded trying to get something out of her,

Anything!

"On the couch." She said finally, reminded me and then I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, on the couch." I smiled playfully and then pulled the toothpick from my lips and then kept staring at her. "My hockey gear and my Jane Austin novels are still here, do you mind taking my shit over to your apartment...if it's not a big deal?" I asked politely and then she nodded sadly.

I hate when she makes that face.

"I love you Rhyett." I repeated myself and then she smiled small "I love you too Maverick." She whispered and then I licked my lips before puckering up for her to kiss me.

She smiled her cute smile that she uses when she thinks I'm being silly, before she softly pressed her lips to mine. Gently as if she had no energy in her body but still wanted to feel my lips against hers.

My hand slide around her back as I pulled her in to kiss me harder. She laughed.

"We can talk about our bullshit when I get home. I hate that you're mad at me. I don't fucking like it, and I'm sorry. When I get home we can talk, okay baby?" I said and then kissed her again,

I love kissing her, I honestly can't get enough of her. I'm obsessed with my girl yo it's crazy.

"Okay." She nodded "be safe, I'm really worried and scared." She admitted.