33. Daddy Issues

Maverick's Point of View

My energy was flowing through me like a fucking river wanting to swallow everything in its path.

My eyes on kill mode and I could tell Rhyett had noticed this but she didn't say anything...she knew I was mad,

But she didn't know my darkness was fueling it.

Kenzo's right I'm slowing falling into a pit of fucking unstableness,

But I don't think I'm ready to admit that yet, not out loud at least.

I watched Blair slide her thumb across the screen and then tapped down onto it to put him on speaker.

Tusco gulped.

"Rhyett?" We heard him say and then she just shook her head as if she had given up on him and then allowed her feet to carry her out of my bedroom as she cradled Vinnie tightly.

She was hurt, but I think she was mainly disappointed.

"Where's my brother?" I spoke up as she strolled past me giving me a sweet but sad peck on the cheek, almost standing on the tip of her toes as I had lowered myself for her to reach before she then disappeared down the hallway,

A big fucking part of me wanted to make sure she was okay but the leadership part in me knew that I had to handle this shit and that Rhy could take care of herself,

Until I finished taking care of this.

"Maverick Novak, Luca..." He scoffed "disappointed but not surprised." Refereeing to Rhy and I being back together.

"Look, where..." I exhaled reminding myself not to cuss "where's Nixon?"

He laughed "He's alive if that's what you're asking. Bring me my daughter, I need my daughter safe and sound under my protection."

"So that's why you called to try and convince her to be by your side?" I smirked out of anger "you kidnapped her best friend and you fucking lied to her! You must be out of your fucking mind if you think she'll forgive you at the snap of a finger. It just shows that you don't know her at all." I shook my head out of frustration even though he couldn't see me. "Rhyett is safer with me than she'll ever be with you! Now, father in law...let my brother go or I will find you and kill everything standing between Nixon and I." I smirked "Take my word for it, lately I haven't been in the best mood to play nice." Tusco glared at me with disapproval.

"Ascending does make one feel powerful doesn't it." He was toying with me but then I had realized that he had no clue of me having my memory back, which means he had no clue of me knowing I was aware of my real power.

I can use this as an advantage.

I exhaled.

"You know, I've been stalking you for years, the elders and I had a deal...I hunt the four elemental abominations and bring them back to the grounds of London for testing and experimenting...mmmm, but maybe mainly just to hold them captive and in isolation from the world as they are monsters like all of the filthy witch creatures but your family is at the peak of the list, created by dirty lab rat magic concocted by that disgusting low life Miles! Who might I add died by my hands!"He was angry but somehow gloating.

He thought Miles was still dead.

"I watched you for years! I even bought the apartment building across from yours because I wasn't sure if you were the son of Miles himself! I had to make sure it was you." He spoke but I remained calm as I let him continue.

Fucking idiot, how is this man related to the woman I love.

"And then you started to date my daughter! My own precious daughter and this upset the depths of my mind, and even more so when I saw you do magic! I knew then that it was you! The son of Miles, and finding the rest of you wasn't hard, the four of you are drawn to each other." He said, and seemed to get more heated by every word he had spoken.