16. Pillow Talk

Rhyett's Point of View

I had opened my eyes slowly seeing the beautiful bright morning that this day had brought as I was laying on the comfort of my bed staring through my bedroom window as I had heard the sound of cars and the busy city life sinking in.

I yawned and then stretched before twisting myself around only to see Maverick sleeping peaceful beside me,

Topless.

He cradled one of my pillows as he snored while his dark hair was pushed up again the surface of the pillow he had below his head.

Oh my god. How did he-
Did we?

No. We didn't.

My heart began to beat fast but I couldn't help but stare at him. I wanted to wake him up and ask how he ended up in my bed but I also just wanted him to sleep because he looked so peaceful sleeping and I just...

God...he has perfectly shaped lips and his nose was so cute.

I slowly reached my hand across to outline the structure of his nose and lips with the tip of my index finger. I had no idea why I felt compelled to touch him but I did. I touched his nose and then moved my finger down to his lips before brushing his hair neatly to the back, his silky soft hair moved back with ease and then suddenly, in one quick movement,

I felt his fingers grip my wrist, stopping my hand from touching him as he twisted me from my side to lay flat on my back as both his hands were now pinning mine to my bed.

My heart exploded in fright as he hovered about me.

Oh my fucking God.

I breathed irregularly.

"Are you crazy! You nearly gave me a heart-attack!" I yelled but he was calm. His hair dangled down as he smirked and then said "Good Morning." In his husky sleepy voice.

I swallowed as my eyes had remembered that he was half naked.

"Good morning." I caught my breath as he still had me pinned down to the bed.

"What happened last night? All I remember is grilled cheese and Rick and Morty." He seemed serious. "Did we fuck?" He asked cautiously.

I then smiled thinly.

"If we did boy, trust me...you'd remember." I said but immediately regretted being openly flirtatious and then he licked his lip almost slightly, but I caught it before he had tried to hide it,

But wait, he doesn't remember. So the apology, laying on the floor and all of that. He didn't remember any of that stuff.

It kinda hurt me a little to know that I considered those moments special but he didn't even remember them.

"You really don't remember anything else?" I asked almost sadly but I hope he didn't notice that.

"Nah." He shook his head and then fell down onto his back beside me, before we both propped ourselves up on our sides to talk.

It was silent for a moment and then he burst out in laughter. "Nah I remember everything! I'm just fucking with you." He rubber his tired eyes as I felt a wash of relief "you asshole!" I said pushing back his shoulder. "How did you end up in my bed?" I asked as he brushed a loose stand of my hair behind my ear as I watched his eyes watch his movement,

His eyes softened.

"Your couch is uncomfortable as fuck. Fuck it! You need a new couch!" He seemed annoyed remembering how it felt to lay on my couch "I got up at like 3am and decided to join you, so I climbed under the covers and went to sleep." He nodded and then I smiled.