18. The Return of The Emerald Dress

Maverick's Point of View

I pressed her back again the door of her apartment as I held her up in my arms while her legs wrapped around my waist. She roared with laughter as I had just ran down the hallway of her apartment floor, gripping onto his body with her firmly in my hold, as if we were little kids playing.

My body still ached from the fight but I didn't care about the fucking pain.

I like being playful with her.

she smiled as she exhaled feeling the hard surface of the door against her back.

I remembered the cut in my lip and decided to use that sacrifice to unlock her door with a spell but as soon as I was about to utter the words she clasped her hand over my mouth, almost slapping it closed and then said "no, I'll open it it's okay." She smiled as I had still held onto her body while the door had still given her extra support.

"Now where's the fun in that? I'm a witch, take advantage of the fact that I can make your life a whole lot easier." I whispered leaning in closer to her, licking my bruised lower lip and then she cupped both my cheeks with her soft delicate little hands.

"Maverick, I'm an independent woman." She smirked and that was true but just because she was able to do things herself doesn't mean she had to.

"And I'm gentleman, sometimes.." I grinned and then she laughed, she's so fucking beautiful when she laughs "Rhy, just let me-" I tried to finish my sentence and then her front door had swung open, causing my reflexes to kick in instantly and pull her upright as the door had no longer supported her. Her hands had quickly wrapped around my neck as I had held onto her tightly and then closed my eyes feeling her safely in my arms as I had sighed a breath of relief,

my face was now buried in her soft chest as I pressed her body against me.

fuck, that was close.

"Rhyett!?" I heard a feminine but strong voice coming from inside of her apartment. I twisted my neck still holding Rhy up and then I had seen a woman with long red hair holding a cup of tea while a man sat on Rhy's couch staring at us with big eyes and disbelief.

She's the spitting image of Rhy.

The woman scanned the both of us in this position, me holding onto Rhy like this with her sexy legs wrapped around me. The woman's gaze followed us from head to toe before Rhy was pulled from her frozen shock to fall back into reality, quickly forcing herself down to the ground from my arms and then said,

"Mom!?"

Oh fuck.

Rhyett's Point of View

This is a dream, this has to be a dream!

My mother stood in front of Maverick and I with her eyes of steel, dressed in a cream channel two piece suit as Mavs lifted his arm up to scratch the back of his head, his bicep muscle showing from the bareness that was below his black short sleeved tee.

He seemed a little taken back and caught off guard and honestly I was too.

"Who is this?" She questioned instantly as she pointed her judgmental eyes at Maverick who was now standing confidently tall as he morphed out of his previously vulnerable state.

Oh my god, this is so awkward. I went from loving the way it felt to being so close to Maverick again, being touched by him, feeling him hold me in his arms and just being completely drawn to him....to being utterly maybe slightly pisses off.

"Hey." He stepped forward as his arm had passed me, holding it out for her to shake. "I'm Maverick Novak, I live in the building across from your daughters..um" he cleared his throat and then added "and I go to school with her." He nodded as my father stayed seated where he was, almost living in a world of his own, not wanting to her involved.