8. New Man In Charge

Maverick's Point Of View

The forest in the nighttime was quiet and calm as a blazing fire light up the area we had called ours. Trees had grown from Kenzo's hands to create an enclosed circle with a path that lead to a lake for Tusco to use.

I was out of breath as I stomped fiercely towards the practice grounds, my body feeling as if nature had poured liquid lava into my shape to fill it up from my toes to the brim of my head. I was still pissed off that Nixon had decided to turn Rhyett into Sleeping Beauty and although there was nothing I could do about it,

Doesn't make it fucking right.

He trailed behind me trying to catch up as I had stepped foot into our space and lit all of the enclosed tree's on fire in one slight twist of my neck, the circle of trees blazed at the entrance of me as I sore Kenzo's eyes turn into pure horror as he clutched the grimoire tightly in his arms afraid that I might catch flames.

"Maverick's here." Tusco smirked and then they both turned around almost as quickly as I had set the fire while a mysterious women with dreadlocks stared at me as if she was impressed.

Who the fuck is she.

"Kill it! now!" Kenzo screamed in rage as I refused to listen to him. I shook my head.

"Then kill him!" I said referring to our beloved black magic brother who didn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

"What did you do!?" Kenzo questioned him and then turned back to face me "the fire Maverick!" He was stern and then I rolled my eyes as I had calmed the flames before killing it softly, leaving the trees in a state of hurt and almost destruction, that I was sure Kenzo would fix.

"All I did was cast a sleeping spell on his little redhead female friend who I might add is not Beth." He was being cocky as Tus pinched his brows together because he thought that Beth was the only female I had really spent time with. Kenzo then glanced at me with hard eyes because he knew exactly who Nixon was referring to,

The girl from Chang's, that's how he had known her.

"Don't tell me it was the full moons sleep?" The woman had spoken up as she had asked Nixon curiously,

"Yeah" he shrugged "it won't hurt her."

And then she looked at him as if he was stupid "Protégé, that is a werewolf spell. If the girl is human the effects won't last."

Protégé?

"Well," he shrugged "sounds like a Maverick problem." he spat and then I felt the lava pass it's brim of me, overflowing into the energy around me as I charged for him while he had quickly held his hand out in front of me to force a gust of wind to push me back like I was being blowed like a dust by his force, causing me to think quickly as I allowed a ball of fire to emit from my hand, slicing through the air that was untouched by him as we both felt roots pull us into the bed of the ground.

The roots and leaves twisted around our feet and bodies, stabilizing us to its soil and dirt layer.

"Cut it out!" Kenzo screamed and at this point he was raging.

It was seldom to see Kenzo rage but when it had happened it was scary.

"What the fuck is going on!? Firstly where the fuck is the redhead human!?" He glared at us and then twisted to see the woman "and you need to start talking too, who the fuck are you!?"

Everyone was silent.

"Speak!!" He yelled referring to all of us using almost all of the air in his lungs.