8️⃣ Those Damn Cookies

"I don't know that I wanna be your friend Lee"

"Oh" I said
What do I say to that?
"Em"
"Okay well I suppose we won't be friends then" I shrugged and turned away so I could pretend to be busy.

"No" he said and took my hand to turn me around.
He'd pulled me a bit hard so I ended up bumping into his chest.

"Twice in the one day, Jesus talk about Man of steel, didn't realise I was friends with Henry Cavill" I said, putting a hand to where I'd hit my face.
Wait

"Or...not friends, sorry" I said
He let out a breath of a laugh.
"That's not what I meant by not wanting to be your friend" he said, looking down at me.

I gave him a confused look.
"I don't think I wanna be just friends" he said, more serious this time.
Uhhh

I didn't say anything, sure what could I say?
My heart raced, the beating of it filled up my ears.
Don't get the wrong idea Lee.

"Do you understand what I'm saying?" He asked,
"I- I think so but I think you should say it just so I don't make a fool of myself" I said honestly.
A smile spread across his face.

"I think this says enough" he said, standing closer to me and leaning down closer to my face.

He looked at me for a moment,
Where is this rush of confidence coming from?

His attention flickering from each of my eyes.
He still kept his jaw slightly raised like he always did, I think he feels confident that way.

"I-" I stuttered
He pulled away,
"What?" He asked, a mix or worry and annoyance in his tone.

"I don't know, I'm sorry I panicked" I admitted.
He smiled again, more of a cheeky grin though.

"Do I make you nervous Lee?" He teased
"What? No, no way"
He laughed at me.
Fucker.

I looked at him, scrunching my nose and furrowing my eyebrows.
He threw his head back and rolled his eyes, but not in a bored or irritated way, it was more of an 'attraction' eye roll.

Can't blame him, I'm cute as fuck.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into him, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.
As reflex, I did the same. I wrapped my arms around his waist, my head kinda just resting on his chest/ almost shoulder.

He nestled his head into my the crook of my neck but moved it to my shoulder so he could whisper in my ear;
"You're cute"

Shivers ran up my spine, tingles....tingles.

"If this is all a ploy to get me to cover your shifts, you can forget it" I said, my voice muffled from his hoodie.

He began to sway a little from side to side, you know how you do in hugs? (I apologise for my brain fart I do not know how else to describe it rn)

"You got me" he whispered.
I smiled to myself.

"WE'RE COMING IN, DONT BE NAKED" Gianluca shouted from the other side of the door.

Mattia and I shot apart as his younger brother wrestled with the door handle.
Gianluca and Ciara frolicked into the room like two bunny rabbits on Easter morning.

"Why would we be naked?" Mattia asked
"Why else would you be alone in a room together?" The little boy shrugged.

I held in my giggle while Mattia gave a kind of "fair point" look.