Phone call

Okay tyler... you're going to go into class... tell the teacher that you're feeling sick.. and then you'll leave...

I leave the bathroom and walk back to my classroom. "You feeling okay, Tyler?" Mr. Harrison asks me. I shake my head. "Alright, you are allowed to leave." I nod and grab my stuff before walking out of school.

Should I get something for josh..? Maybe flowers..? Would that be weird..? Yeah it'd be weird... I don't even know where he lives... maybe I could go to the hospital..? But that would be weird too...

I sigh and decide to go home, my dad is home. I open the door and take off my shoes. "Home already..?" My dad asks me looking at me worriedly. I mutter a quick "yeah" before walking past him. "Tyler.. please quit being mad at me..." he begs. "You lied to mom and the judge so that you would get custody over me! I WONT STOP BEING MAD AT YOU!" I yell at him and run upstairs slamming my door.

My parents broke up during the summer, when my dad found out I wanted to move with my mom, who is accepting of everyone, my dad made a fake conversation on our phones so that he would get custody over me. My dad is a homophobic piece of shit. He doesn't know I'm gay. Josh is the only one who knows.

My mom moved to LA. One day, when I'm old enough I'll move in with her. Just one more year tyler..

My phone buzzes, which interrupts my thoughts. I look at the notification. It's josh. I immediately jump and sit on the edge of my bed and open up the chat with him.

Joshuadun: Got back from the hospital, my vision is getting a bit better, I have a concussion but good news are that I didn't break my wrist that badly. I'll just need wear this splint for two weeks. I'm really sorry about today
Tylerrjoseph: dont worry about it! I'm just happy you're okay, we'll for most part, I decided to leave school early anyway.
Joshuadun: are you okay? Did something happen? Did you get sick?
Tylerrjoseph: No I'm okay, I was just having a harder day today
Joshuadun: awe I'm sorry to hear that
:( hope you'll feel better soon!
Tylerrjoseph: talking to you makes me feel a bit better
Joshuadun: I'm glad if I'm of any help, let me know if there's anything I can do!
Tylerrjoseph: can I have a picture of you? Another one? I want to draw you
Joshuadun: of course, hold on!
Tylerrjoseph: will do!
Joshuadun: hope this will do

 Joshuadun: are you okay? Did something happen? Did you get sick? Tylerrjoseph: No I'm okay, I was just having a harder day today Joshuadun: awe I'm sorry to hear that :( hope you'll feel better soon! Tylerrjoseph: talking to you makes me feel a b...

He's really good looking.. I'll have to ask jenna to draw him.. I just really wanted another picture of him...

Tylerrjoseph: Perfect! I'll send you a photo of the drawing once I'm done!
Joshuadun: can't wait!
Tylerrjoseph: could we like speak on the phone, I'm lazy and I don't want to type
Joshuadun: that would be helpful since you know, my arm, here my number 123 456 7890
Tylerrjoseph: alright I'll call you in a sec!

I add Josh's number to my phone and save him as "Cotton Candy" because of his hair. I chuckle to myself and call him.

"Joshua dun." Josh says firmly. "Hi josh it's me, Tyler!" I say excitedly. "Oh hi tyler!" Josh says back, just as excitedly. "You know, I was thinking about our class and you seem like the only person I wanted to talk to." Josh says. "Really? Although I was gloomy, I mean I still am this emo kid" I ask him. "Yeah, I mean, it's cute, and besides you don't seem too wild like those fuckboys. And those girls are just getting on my nerves." Josh says.

"Ugh yeah the girls giggling constantly, it's so annoying and the boys Being dumb." I say. "Are you single?" I ask josh. "W-What..? W-why..?" Josh asks. "I don't know, just trying to get to know you and any other possible friends that you may have." I say calmly. "Y-Yeah I'm single." Josh says. "Me too, I do live with a homophobic dad so, I don't even know why I bother looking." I say sighing a bit. "I wish I could help." Josh says. "Oh don't worry, it's not like I'm crushing on anyone right now anyway so." I say. "So you don't like mark?" Josh asks. "Who's mark..?" I ask confused. "Just one of my friends, well used to be, I just had a dream where you liked him so I thought that you actually like him. I don't know it's stupid." Josh rambles. "Josh you're rambling." I say and chuckle softly. "Right, sorry about that.." josh says embarrassed. "It's fine, don't worry." I say and smile.

"Oh by the way, do you have skype? If so what's your username?" Josh asks. "Same as my Instagram handle, Tylerrjoseph." I reply. "Cool I'll add you when we get off of this call." Josh says.

I can hear someone yell out to josh. "Dinner is ready joshua!" The background voice says. "I have to go, that was my mom, dinner is ready." Josh says. "Yeah I heard, I hope to see you at school soon." I say. "I hope to see you soon too, stay safe, bye." Josh says. "Bye josh!" I say and end the call.

Well that could've been much worse.. I hope he'll be at school tomorrow. I really can't deal with all those other people if he isn't there.

There's a knock on my door. "Tyler dinner is ready." My dad says. "Not hungry." I say. "Come on tyler... you need to eat.." my dad says. "Maybe if you didn't ruin my life then I would." I say annoyed. "Tyler..." my dad says. "Don't you 'Tyler...' me! You knew I didn't want this!" I scream.

I hear my dad sigh as he walks away from my door, I sigh as well and grab my notebook. I grab my backpack and take out my pencil case. I take out my pen and start writing some stuff. I just hate it here. It feels like a prison.

Word count: 1031