Trouble in paradise

~Tyler's POV~

I wake up the next morning and look at Josh. Was it all a dream? It felt so real... no wait... it was definitely real... yeah! I start blushing like crazy just thinking about Josh's soft lips touching mine. I smile to myself and I kiss Josh's forehead.

I can't believe it, he actually likes me! But why..? I look like this, and he looks so much better and I'm just some stupid slim boy... maybe he's just doing it to play with my feelings... NO Tyler you need to stop thinking that everyone is out there to just toy with you.

"Mm... Tyler..." Josh mumbles in his sleep. "I'm here josh..." I whisper quietly and place my hand on his chest. He puts his hand on mine and pulls me closer. "Mine..." josh mumbles again in his sleep. I can't help but blush. We're not officially dating, I wish we were tho.

I love josh so much. I just don't have the heart to tell him that I'll be moving away from Ohio once I'm 18... he'd be heartbroken and I don't want him to not ask me out... I'll be moving in with my mom... who lives in LA.. it's so far away.. I'll tell him once we have started dating.. if that ever happens.. he's going to hate me..

~Josh's POV~

I start waking up and see Tyler deep in thought. He didn't even notice me waking up. He's just staring off into space. "Ty..?" I say with my raspy morning voice.

He's so zoned out that he couldn't hear me calling for him. "Tyler..." I call to him again. "H-huh..?" Tyler finally popped out of his thoughts. "Morning." I say smiling softly. "Morning josh.." He says. He seems pretty distant.

I put my fingers on his chin and make him look up at me and then I kiss his lips. Tyler pushes me away. I look at him with a confused look on my face. "What's going on..?" I say. "Josh.. I... I love you... but I'll be moving to LA once I'm 18..." tyler says I can hear how his voice was shaking. "W-What..?" I ask shocked.

"I-I'm sorry..." Tyler says. "We can make it work.. we have to.." I say. "You think..?" He asks me. "Y-Yeah... I-I'll drop out! I'll get a job and I'll move there! I-I'll do that!" I have to.. I can't lose him..

I couldn't help but tear up. "I'll come up with something..." I said while tears ran down my cheeks. Tyler hugged me and he was crying as well.

Tyler will be 18 in 2 months.. I have to find a job now... or I might get my parents to help me... I don't know.. I need to figure something out..

There's a knock on the door and then the door swings open. "Boys breakfast is ready!" My mom says happily. I guess she can feel the negative energy floating around based on her next question. "What's wrong? You both seem depressed about something?" She asks as her smile fades.

"Well... you know.. about yesterday... and... Tyler will be moving once he's 18... he's going to move to LA..." I say. "We'll figure something out. I promise." My mom says and smiles gently before hugging us both and whispering. "You're meant for each other."

My face heats up and so does Tyler's. But we nod and get up to go eat some breakfast. "So josh found a school in LA and he'd really love to go there." My mom says to my dad who's reading the newspaper. "A school? And what's wrong with the one he's in right now?" He asks eyeing me.

"Well believe it or not but the school counselor said it'd be a better option." My mom says. "Hm, he'd have to live alone. He doesn't know how to do anything." My dad says.

"Yes I do, I know how to make food, do the laundry, pay taxes. I'll find a job there so that I can pay my own living expenses, I just need a little boost from you guys." I lie. "Hmm, working and going to college, that's really hard and you think you could manage?" My dad asks. "No I know I can manage." I say "when would you be moving?" He asks me. "December." I say. "What about Tyler?" My dad asks me. "He'd be moving there too, but he'd be living with his mom." I reply. "Hmm, well I'll think about it." My dad says and concentrates on the paper again.

I look at Tyler and give him a small smile. He looks back at me and smiles a bit too.

5pm

We're in my room talking about our futures. Tyler has been quiet for a while now. I turn to look at him an notice him staring at me. "What..?" I ask him. "Nothing.. you're just... wow.." he says quietly. I smile and kiss him softly. He kisses me back, those soft lips, they feel cold, but hot at the same time.

"Are you cold?" I ask Tyler. He nods a bit. "I figured, your lips felt cold, I pull the covers over us and pull Tyler closer. "Thank you for everything you do josh.." Tyler speaks quietly.

I can't help but give him a kiss on the forehead. "Of course Tyler, I love you." DID I JUST TELL TYLER I LOVED HIM?! I MEAN I DO BUT!

"I-I mean.." I'm interrupted by Tyler. "I love you too." he mumbles quietly. My heart skips a beat. I've never felt like this. I feel as if I'm floating while all of my limbs are boneless, just pure happiness and glitter flying around everywhere. I don't know how to explain the feeling, the rush that I get from Tyler mumbling I love you.

Its like a deadly drug. But I'm willing to take that. I need it. I hope that I won't have my heart shattered. Not by him. He's my first love, but I want him to be my only love and I want to be his first love, and his only love.

I look over at Tyler again and he's sound asleep. "My life was hell before you showed up." I whisper quietly and pull him even closer.

Word count: 1061