Feelings

Saturday morning
~Tyler's PoV~

I wake up and look around. This isn't my room..? Where am I..? I look around and see josh sleeping next to me. I jump a bit before I can recognize him. I remember now, I stayed over for the night. I wonder if dad has messaged me.

I reach over Josh's head, grabbing my phone from the nightstand. I unlock my phone and look at the messages my dad has sent me.

Chris: Tyler where are you?
Chris: Will you be home for the night?
Chris: come on you little bitch you better fucking answer me!
Chris: Your mom should've had an abortion!
Chris: I don't even care where you are anymore.

I frown at the messages, he sent me a new message.

Chris: Tyler I'm sorry.. I got drunk.. I didn't mean to say those things.. please forgive me... where are you..? When will you be home..?

I reply. I'm so done with this man.

Tyler: I'm at a friends house. I'm not coming home anytime soon. Especially not after saying such things.

I throw my phone on the bed and hug my knees to my chest. I quietly sigh and start to tear up. I rest my chin on my knees, staring at the wall as tears start running down my cheeks.

Josh shuffled around, maybe I could hug him..? Would that wake him up..? What should I do..?

~Josh's PoV~

I wake up and look at tyler. He's staring at the wall emotionlessly. Well I can't see his face, but he's hugging his knees to his chest. He seems spaced out. He didn't even hear me wake up. "Tyler..?" I speak softly. No reaction.

I sit up next to him and place my hand on his shoulder. "Tyler.. are you okay..?" I ask him. He jolts a bit. "U-uh.. y-yeah I-I'm Fine.." Tyler says and I can see him wiping his tears away. "You know you don't have to hide anything from me. I'm here to listen to you." I say. "I know..." Tyler mumbles.

"Come on, tell me what's bothering you." I say pulling him into a hug. He leans his head against my chest and wraps his arms around me carefully. "My dad.." he mumbles. "What's about him..?" I ask holding him close. "He said some awful things..." Tyler whispers quietly. "When..?" I ask him and tightening my grip. "Last night... he sent some messages.." Tyler sniffles and holds onto me tighter. "Oh ty... I'm so sorry.." I say.

Tyler shows me the messages and I feel myself boil with anger. "You're not going home anytime soon. You'll borrow my clothes and you'll eat dinner with us." I say holding him closer. He nods. "Thank you Josh... for everything.." he says quietly. "Anytime ty." I say softly.

"Josh..." Tyler mumbles quietly, breaking the silence. "Yeah..?" I ask him while rubbing small circles on his back. "Have you ever liked someone.. who deserves someone better..?" Tyler asks. "Yeah... I have.." I say quietly. "Why do you ask..?" I ask him. "Because I like someone... who deserves so much... and I can't tell him that I like him... because it'd ruin things between us... and I don't want to lose him..." Tyler explains quietly. "Is He your friend..?" I ask ty.

I'm clearly heartbroken when I heard that he liked someone, but I want to be supportive of him and he deserves to be happy.

"Yeah.. I think so.." Tyler says. "Is it brendon?" I ask him. "No.. it's not him.. he's mean.." Tyler says. "Well If you're friends then he wouldn't let a crush get in the way of your friendship and who knows, maybe he feels the same." I try to comfort Tyler as best as I can, while getting a pang in my chest.

"I don't know.." Tyler says. "Is he gay?" I ask tyler. "He isn't sure yet.." tyler says looking at his fiddling hands. I nod. "I wish I knew how to help, but I don't really know how to help." I say. "It's okay, you've already done so much..." Tyler says and hugs me. I smile a bit sadly while Tyler's face is buried into my chest.

He's so precious, so small and adorable.. I'm totally falling for this guy.. hold on... I'm holding him?! He's falling asleep in my arms?! Oh my god! What am I supposed to do!?!?!!

My brain has gone full panic mode, HES SO CUTE BUT HES ALSO ASLEEP IN MY ARMS AND I WANT TO MAKE HIM MINE BUT I DONT WANT TO LOSE HIM! AGHH I JUST WANT TO SCREAM!

I lay tyler on my bed and go downstairs. "Morning joshua, where is your friend?" My dad asks. "He fell back asleep. Things are though for him right now. At least between his parents." I say, frowning at the thought of him going through all that shit. "Alright, I'll make him some breakfast for when he wakes up" my dad says. "Thank you." I say and grab some orange juice from the fridge. I take a few chugs of the juice and put it back into the fridge.

"Morning honey." My mom says as she walks into the kitchen. "Morning." I reply. "Mom could we talk in private, please?" I ask her. "Of course honey." She says with a smile and we go into another room.

"So what's on your mind?" My mom asks me. "I really like this one person... but I'm scared... and i don't want to ruin anything we have... and it's making me crazy.. and I just want to scream.. it's making me want to cry because I'm so confused and... I don't know.." I say. "Oh? You've finally found a girl you fancy? That's great honey!" My mom says. "Yeah.. But it's killing me.. how do I know if they feel the same..?" I ask her. "Well, you observe her behavior. If she looks at your lips a lot. That means she wants to kiss you, if she copies your body movements, that means she's into you. And if she remembers small things you mention that doesn't have to have any specific information. That means she has fallen for you." My mom replies. "Thank you mom..." I hug her and get up. "Please don't tell anyone about this.." I look at her with pleading eyes. "My lips are sealed." She says and smiles at me.

I give her a small smile and go back to my room. I look at tyler and carefully start to play with his hair. I hope he won't wake up. I just need to touch him..

Word count: 1113