Fear

I run my fingers through his hair. His hair is so soft... so silky... and so smooth... it's so shiny.. his hair is amazing...

My heart is pounding so fast, I keep falling for him more and more. I really want to kiss him... but I can't do that..

I sigh quietly and lay my head back down onto my pillow and stare at the ceiling.

~Tyler's PoV~

I start waking up and look at josh, he's staring at the ceiling. "So.. you know.. now..?" I ask josh. "Huh..?" Josh asks and turns to look at me. "How I feel about you..?" I say shyly. "Yeah..? We're friends..? Right..?" Josh asks questioningly. "Yeah.." I say, so it was a dream. Fuck it, I can't keep this inside me anymore!

I sit up and let out a shaky breath. "Are you okay?" Josh asks me and looks at me. "I need to tell you something... about who I like..." I say shaking slightly. Josh grabs my hands to stop me from shaking. "Hey, it's okay, you're okay." Josh says giving me a sweet small smile. "J-josh..." I say looking up at him. "Yeah?" Josh asks. "I.. I kind of... like..." the door swings open before I can finish my sentence.

"Joshy! Ty! Let's play!" Jordan says, and crawls into the bed. Josh looks at me and I give him a nod. "Alright Jordy, lets go play." Josh says and gets up grabbing Jordan's hand. I look at them walking to Jordan's room and hug my knees to my chest. "Not yet tyler.." I whisper to myself.

I get up and walk over to Jordan's room as well. I sit on the floor next to josh. Jordan and josh are playing with cars. I shiver a bit and I guess josh notices that because he takes his hoodie off and gives it to me.

Josh is now shirtless and I can't help but look at him. His skin looks so smooth and those small freckles are slowly killing me, they're so adorable.

I put the hoodie on and leave the hood up. I lay my head on Josh's shoulder. My head hurts a bit, but I don't want to bother josh. Not now since he's playing with Jordan.

"I'll be back soon, okay?" I ask josh and get up. "Where are you going..?" He asks me. "Just going to get some ibuprofen." I say. "Why? Do you know where it is? Are you okay?" Josh asks worriedly and gets up. "Josh play with Jordan, I'll ask your mom, I just have a small headache, okay?" I look at josh. "Okay.. but I can help you." Josh says. "Jordan probably wants you to play with him though." I say.

"Joshy take care of ty." Jordan says. "Alright Jordan." Josh says and puts his hand on my shoulder. I look at him. "Let's go to the kitchen and get you some medicine." Josh says and we go to the kitchen

I take the medicine and we go to his room. "You really didn't have to josh.." I say. "I know Tyler, but I wanted to." Josh says and smiles at me with his sweet smile.

Monday morning

We have become really close with josh. We are best friends now and inseparable. He still doesn't know that I like him and now I'm too scared to tell him. Josh finally told me that he now knows fully that he is indeed gay. I guess that there is at least a chance of us happening.

"Tyyyyyylerrrr." Josh says with his morning voice. "Time to get up for school." He says. "Mmm..." I mumble and turn my back towards josh. I start falling asleep but then I hear josh sniffling. I jump right up and look at him. "are you okay?! What's wrong?!" I ask him worriedly.

He starts laughing and looks at me. "Gotcha, at least you're awake now." He says wiping some tears from laughing so hard. "I'm tired.." I mumble quietly. "Awe I know ty, we will take a nap after school, I promise." Josh says and takes the covers off of me. "Hmpf." I say getting up. I grab some of Josh's clothes and go to the bathroom and change into the clothes. "Tylerrr." Josh whined. "Don't stay mad at meeeeee." He continued.

I couldn't help but smile to myself when I heard josh whining. But he can't know that, I need to stay mad at him for tricking me. I change my clothes and wipe that smile off of my face.

I get out of the bathroom and grab my backpack. "Tylerrr come onnnn." Josh whines again.

He's so cute, but no! I have to stay mad at him! I can't let him have it his way! "I'm sowwyyyy" Josh tries. "Hmpf." I say as I er up and turn to look at him. "Should've thoughts about that before doing so." I say and walk downstairs, I just couldn't stay mad at him because he was too adorable.

Lunch time in school

I'm sitting at a table with josh, as usual. He's my best friend and I like being around him. I've still been acting mad at him but it's only to get back at him.

"Tylerrr I'm sorry.." josh whines again. "Is this bitch bothering you, cutie?" Brendon asks as he just happened to walk past our table. "First of all he's my best friend, don't call him a bitch! Second of all I'm not interested in you because you're a meanie!" I raise my voice at brendon. "Oh come onn." He tries.

"He said no. Leave him alone." Josh says, I can tell he's pissed. "It sounds like you're bothering him." Brendon says. "He's not. I've been acting cold towards him to get back at him." I say.

Brendon rolls his eyes and grabs my arm. "Let go of me!" I say as I try to get out of his grip, he's hurting me.

Josh gets up and grabs Brendon's arm aggressively. I can see him digging his fingers into Brendon's skin. It causes Brendon to yelp out in pain, which causes him to let go of my arm and with that josh lets go of him.

Brendon walks away holding his arm in his other hand. Josh walks over to me. "Are you okay..?" Josh asks worriedly. "Y-Yeah.. it did hurt a bit though.." I say. "Let me see.." Josh says and pulls up the sleeve of the hoodie I was wearing.

You can see a red handprint around my wrist from where brendon held my arm. "That bitch." Josh mumbles, gritting his teeth together. "I-it's fine.." I say quietly. Josh takes a deep breath to calm himself down. "Can you move your wrist?" He asks me worriedly. "Yeah.." I say and move my wrist. "At least it's not broken then.. that's good.. I'm sorry that happened ty.." josh says and hugs me.

Josh's hug was so nice and warm, it made me realize how scary Brendon was, who knows what would've happened if josh wasn't there? The fear started to grow, I started shaking uncontrollably and then the tears started pouring out of my eyes. I tightened my grip around josh.

~Josh's POV~

Seeing Tyler like this makes me want to kill Brendon. He hurt my boy. Not that we are dating... but he's mine. He scared Tyler as well. "Shh... it's okay.. I won't let that happen again.." I say trying to calm tyler down.

Word count: 1254