Confusion

The bell rings, it's lunchtime. "Let's go get lunch, yeah?" Tyler asks me. "Yeah." I say and get up, while putting my backpack onto my back. "Great!" He says and smiles.

We get to the lunchroom which is full of people. Not my type of scene exactly. We get to the end of the queue and wait for the line to go forward.

We grab some food and go over to a table for two. We don't want to take one of those bigger tables. I can see mark and I pull my hood up and kind of hide my face. "What is it?" Tyler asks. "He's about to walk past us..." I whisper. "Who is..?" Tyler whispers back. "Mark.." I say quietly.

Mark walks past us and I can hear him say "fag" I sigh and look at tyler. "You shouldn't let him bother you so much.." Tyler says "he used to be my friend... now all of a sudden he turned against me..? It hurts tyler.." I say while poking my food with my fork. "I get it.." Tyler says.

Brendon walks past us. "Hey cutie." He says winking at tyler. I look at ty and he's blushing. No! Don't blush! You don't like brendon! You like me! I like you! I... like.. you..?

"Tyler..." I whisper. "Yeah?" He looks at me with concern. "I... I'm confused.." I say quietly. "Maybe it's the concussion?" He says. "No.. no it's not that..." I say. "In what way are you confused?" He asks me. "I... c-could we talk a-about it... I-in a less... crowded place..?" I ask tyler. "Of course!" He replies and gets up.

I get up too and we go into a janitors closet. "So what are you confused about?" Tyler asks again. "My... sexuality..." I whisper as quietly as possible. "That's okay, I was confused too. You'll figure it out, and I'm here to help you with anything." He says pulling me into a hug, I rest my forehead on Tyler's shoulder.

"I don't want to be gay..." I mumble. Tyler keeps hugging me, he's so good at making me feel better. "Why's that?" Tyler asks in a gentle voice. "Everyone thinks that I'm gay... even my family... it has caused a lot of fights... and I don't want them to be right..." I mumble quietly. "I get it, you know, you don't have to tell them immediately when you figure it out, if you happen to be gay. I'm still hiding it from my dad. You don't have to tell them at all if you don't want to." Tyler says. "What if no one wants to date me... because I don't want my family to find out..?" I ask quietly. "There are many people like that, you're not the only one, so you have nothing to worry about." He says and gives me an encouraging smile. I nod.

"Thank you Tyler..." I whisper. "Anytime." He says and smiles. "I want to leave.." I say quietly. "Alright, we can tell mr. Harrison that you aren't feeling well, due to your injury and if you want me to I can come with you, like leave school. We can just tell him that no one is home at yours so that I'll be taking you home." Tyler says. "Please..." I whisper and Tyler nods. "Let's go then, shall we?" I nod and we break the hug.

I get out first and leave the hallway. I message tyler to let him know it's safe to come out and he does. He catches up to me and we grab our stuff from our lockers. "Headed somewhere, boys?" Mr. Harrison asks in a stern voice. "We were going to come tell you after we got our stuff but josh isn't feeling well due to the concussion so he needs to leave, none of his parents are home so I promised I could take him home." Tyler says calmly. Even I believed that lie. Mr. Harrison nods. "Alright then, I'm sorry for questioning you two. I hope you'll feel better soon josh." He says. I mumble a quick "Thanks.." and Tyler smiles at me.

"Let's go then." Tyler says and I nod. We walk out of school and we head over to my place. "Thank you for everything tyler..." I say gratefully. "It's fine, I know school can be though sometimes and on those days it's just best to take care of yourself rather than school. I nod.

We go into my room, luckily no one is home. "You can sit on the bed." I say as I close the door behind us. "Alright, thank you." Tyler says and sits on the bed. "Your room is really cool." Tyler says with a smile. "Thank you." I say and smile a bit, before sitting next to him. "I'm glad we're friends tyler.." I say and look at him. "Me too josh." He says and smiles widely.

"Is it okay if I lay my head on your shoulder..?" I ask shyly, breaking the silence. "Of course it is josh! Are you tired?" Tyler asks. I nod, I'm too tired to speak. "You should lay down and sleep." Tyler says. "You'll... leave.." I mumble. It's so hard to speak. "I won't leave if you don't want me to. I'll be right here." He says giving me a soft smile. I nod and lay down. He's so sweet and caring.

~Tylers PoV~

Josh is fast asleep, he's kind of adorable. I'm sitting on his bed watching him. Yes I know, I'm a stalker, but I need to make sure he doesn't have any nightmares. Why am I so after him anyway? Is this a crush..? Do I have a crush on him..? But we just met! It can't be a crush! He's just sweet! So I want to be sweet back! Yeah that's it! It's not like he's ever fall for a guy like me anyway!

I decide to take a picture of his precious face. I mean how can you not.

I'll keep this, for myself

Word count: 1016