One

Taking a deep breath I looked up at the building standing in front of me, District 21, the most infamous police station in all of Chicago and I was the newest recruit.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Kylie Platt, I'm 27, basic childhood, well, other than my mum died when I was about six after being hit by a drunk driver not knowing my real dad I was  left with my step dad and his family, which is where my aunty Trudy comes into it, she's always been my role model, the reason that I became an officer. She's also the reason that I'm stood outside the 21st trying to psyche myself up to enter. I've been an officer for the last 7 years after joining the academy straight out off school and today is my first day at my new unit, intelligence to be precise, I had been working at multiple precincts in New York before coming back to Chicago where I was placed at the 31st but after a series of, lets call them 'unprofessional' arrests I'm being transferred. Aunt Trudy had told me that she was going to pull some strings to get me into her district, although she never mentioned aiming for intelligence, but what the hell.

Taking one last deep breath I made my way up the stairs and through the doors immediately spotting Trudy sitting at the main desk talking to a couple of patrolmen, one woman with her brown hair pulled back into a pony tail and a taller, dark skinned man, who I must say looked delicious.

"Hey Trudy." I smiled as I stopped next to the female officer who looked rather exhausted.

"Hey, Kyles, gimme one second." Trudy smiled before switching back to her 'no bullshit' face as I like to call it as she spoke to the others. "You will take the car, and you will like the car, are we clear?" She asked looking between the two.

"You got it Sarge." The guy smiled before turning round and raising his eyebrow at me as if to say 'this is what I've gotta deal with'.

"Kevin Atwater, this is my partner Kim Burgess." He smiled at me as he introduced himself and Kim.

"Hi, Kylie Platt, newest addition to intelligence." I smiled back at them.

"So you're a detective?" Kim asked as she looked me up and down slightly.

"Uh, no, just an officer." I smiled slightly as her face turned slightly offended.

"You two, shift started 10 minutes ago, shoo." Trudy interrupted shooing them away with her hand.

"Wait, Platt as in Platt, Platt." Kevin stopped and turned round looking between me and my aunt with an eyebrow raised.

"No, as in Platter, yes as in Platt now go." Trudy answered sarcastically as she looked at him with her 'I dare you' look. She has a lot of looks, I know.

Raising his hands in defeat Kevin turned and followed Kim out of the precinct, turning round I couldn't help but laugh at the exasperated face of the desk Sergent. "Be thankful you don't have to deal with that all day." She sighed dramatically as she came round from her desk. "Come on, I'll take you up." She said walking up the stairs and buzzing us through the gate.

"Come on Trudy, you love them really." I grinned as she looked down at me like I just told her she should shit in her hands and clap. "Okay, okay, I take it back." I laughed holding my hands up in surrender.

"You're lucky I like you." She muttered sarcastically just as we reached the top of the stairs causing me to laugh a little harder.

"Hey Trudy, this my new one?" A gruff voice caught my attention as an older looking man walked out from what I'm assuming is his office towards the back of the bullpen.

"Ah Voight, this is my niece Kylie Platt and the newest member of your team. Kylie, this is Sergeant Hank Voight, your new boss." She introduced motioning between the two of us.