Eleven

Groaning I hauled myself up into the passenger seat of the car ignoring the amused looks coming from Jay who sat next to me in the drivers seat.

"Don't say a word Chuckles." I muttered as I pulled my shades down covering my eyes, the sun being way to bright for my hungover eyes.

"Party a little hard with Voight did we?" He asked sarcastically as he started the car and pulled away.

"Shut up." I muttered resting my head back against the headrest closing my eyes tightly. "And it wasn't Voight, it's Justin's fault." I told him thinking back to the amount of shots Justin had ordered last night after Hank had called it a night.

"Still Voight not dad?" He spoke again making my ears ring.

"We're not at that stage yet now shut up your killing me here." I groaned opening my eyes and looking over at him to see a small smirk on his face.

"I'd brace myself if I was you." He told me as he stopped the car. "We're here." He said opening his door and hopping out coming around and opening mine for me. "Maybe next time you won't go so hard on a work night." He laughed as I groaned dragging myself out of the car and towards the hospital entrance.

"Sup Kim." I greeted the patrolmen with a fist bump as we got to the emergency bay where her and Kevin had brought a woman in after arresting her.

"This is Amber Morris, we picked her up off the street, she was going crazy." She explained motioning over to the girl. "She even smashed the mirror off of the new squad car, Kev's out trying to find someone who can get it fixed before the end of shift." She groaned rolling her eye.

"Oh damn, Trudy's gunna be pissed." I laughed slightly knowing my aunts reaction will be nothing less than murderous.

"Careful with Mini Platt Burgess, she's a bit delicate after last night." Jay teased as he walked past and over to one of the doctors.

"Ha ha, you're real funny Detective Chuckles." I fake laughed making him laugh even louder. "Jackass." I mumbled putting my glasses back on top of my head, holding my hair out of my eyes.

"What was last night?" Kim asked a sudden glow of interest in her eyes.

"Nothing I just had a bit of a late night with Voight and his son." I shrugged not thinking anything of it until the look on her face reminded me that she didn't know the whole story. "Long story." I smiled slightly just as Jay came back over.

"Our girl over there Amber Morris," he started pointing over to her. "Had a psychotic break caused by a popped cocaine balloon, she still has 29 in her stomach." He said reading over the notes on his page. 

"So she's a drug mule." I concluded recieving nods of agreement. "Can she talk?" I asked a doctor as they left the small room.

"Hey Amber." I smiled as I entered the room after Jay with the doctors permission. "Wanna tell us what happened?" I asked softly, taking the good cop approach I guess.

"We know about the cocaine, one of those bags you swallowed exploded in your stomach, you're lucky you're still alive." Jay deadpanned making the girl look up desperately.

"It wasn't my fault I swear, they made me do it, I thought we'd be fine!" She said quickly, tears starting to fall down her face.

"We? Who's we Amber?" I asked getting her attention back on me.

"There was me and three others, my friends from college, I did it once on my own and it went fine so they said they needed more of us." She said he hands shaking. "I thought we'd be fine."

"Who else Amber? Who else swallowed the balloons?" I asked recieving nothing in reply.

"Listen, the only reason you're here right now is because you were arrested, your friends could be lying on the side of the road somewhere dying. Think about it." Jay said raising his voice at the girl.