CHAPTER 6

Lisa

I woke up first thing in the morning and saw no Jungkook on the floor bed. I felt a little anxious at his absence because I usually see him waking up first to cook and I just go back to sleep.

But I couldn't hear anyone on the kitchen. The house is dead silent.

"Jungkook?" I called for his name.

He's the only person I know. The only person I can trust. Which makes me anxious of not seeing him. I felt my heart beating faster as I stand up from my bed to look for him.

I walked out the room to check the living room but no one is there. Same through with the kitchen and the balcony.

So I decided to go to the basement.

I walked down the stairs and I immediately sighed in relief when I saw him doing a spar with himself inside the ring.

I folded my arms and watched him, keeping it lowkey for him not to notice my presence.

Ever since I got abducted by One and when he wrecked me whole, I never felt the willingness to live. I only hoped for an escape and die decent. I wasn't even expecting to survive that night when I luckily escaped after almost getting my head cut off by an axe. But my back suffered for it instead which was cured by Jungkook. I never really expected to get help from someone or even prayed to God to let me live.

Until Jungkook bumped into me that night...

And I wasn't expecting myself to get easily comfortable around him despite his intimidating appearance. He seemed so dangerous and almost had the aura of violence like One. But I feel so right for trusting him.

For staying.

For being here.

For everything.

"Jeon Jungkook..." I muttered under my breath as I watch him attack the air.

He seemed so focused and serious. Beads of sweat are starting to form on the temple of his head.

His white tshirt and sweat pants perfectly shows his well built body. And I'd be a dumb blind bitch if I say he isn't good-looking.

"I wonder why you didn't become a model." I spat, making him turn to me in shock.

"How long have you been watching there?" He asked, catching his breath.

"A while." I answered to him.

"Checking me out?" He smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness and just turned my back to walk out the basement. I went to the kitchen to look for food.

"Hey, Jungkook!" I called for him.

"What?" He arrived seconds behind me.

"We've ran out of food." I said, showing him the empty refrigerator.

He sighed in disappointment, "I'll take care of it. Just... eat this for now." He said and handed me the loaf bread on top of his fridge.