1. Karma and Jason

Karma

  I got out of my biology class and headed towards my locker hoping that this girl I met would come to find me. She told me that she wanted to introduce me to someone. I hoped that they would come because I didn't know anyone there and my social skills sucked. Until then I was homeschooled, you see my father was always a little overprotective but when he died my mom suggested that I should go to a normal high school. I liked the idea at first but when the time finally came I was terrified of my new environment. I stood in front of my locker waiting for them. I would go and find them but the possibility of getting lost was ay to high. To me, a person who wasn't used to huge buildings like that, the school looked like a maze. I waited for a few minutes and pretended that I was texting.

  "There she is."Sydney sang and pointed at me."That's my girl." she said and I smiled weakly at her. Thank god that she liked me from day one, if she didn't talk to me I would be all alone."Hey." I waved at them. Next to Sydney, the girl I met on my first day there, was another really beautiful girl. She had long dark hair, two huge almond eyes and her skin was a beautiful shade of brown color."I'm Kendra." she smiled showing me her perfect teeth."I'm Karma. Nice to meet you." we shook hands. That's cool, another person that I could talk to.

  "What you said it's true. She is so pretty."Kendra took a good look at me and I blushed."She is going to be our new bitch. You're having lunch with us today."Sydney didn't give me a chance to protest, not that I was going to."Thank god because otherwise, I would be eating all alone" the girls laughed."Don't worry K, from now on you're a part of our group."Sydney pinched my cheeks."It's true, Sydney was looking for a new friend."Kendra told me."Shut up, you hoe. I have friends. It's just that Karma is special."She defended herself."How am I special?" I wondered."I don't know, you just are." the thing that Kendra said was true, not many girls seemed to like Sydney and I failed to understand why.

  The bell rang and we headed to our classes. At lunch, the girls came and found me exactly like they said they would."So, we want to know everything about you. Actually, the whole school wants to know everything about the new girl with the pale skin and the bright blue eyes. So, tell us, what's your story." Sydney said the exact minute that we sat down on the table."Well, there's nothing special about me." I felt a little uncomfortable."You're not from here are you?" Sydney played with her raven black hair. "No, actually I'm not. I used to live in a big city." I replied."And why did you move here? This place is so different than most cities I've been in the U.S.A. So, why here? This place is probably the most boring place on earth."Sydney sighed."Well, I guess my mom loved the fact that it's surrounded by woods. I don't know if it is that boring but it is really pretty. My mom loves nature." I explained to the curious girl. 

  There's a bigger story behind my mom's decision but I wasn't in a mood to tell them. To be honest with you it wasn't my mom who loved the woods but my dad, it was something that he passed to her whenever he was forcing her to go camping with him. He was obsessed, with whatever it had to do with the woods, the sea, the rivers, the lakes he always told me that they calmed him.

  When he died my mom and I were in a really bad place emotionally and she decided that we needed to leave. We tried to run away from the problem but we had to try something. She chose this place so that, if his soul is still out there he would gladly visit us. I decided that I was going to love this place because if he was here he would love it as well.

  "That's stupid."Kendra snorted and I gave her a weird look."These woods are so creepy." she added and I laughed. There was nothing creepy about them."They are not creepy but they are dangerous."Sydney warned me."There are wolves in these woods, so don't go there on your own." she explained."I would love to see a wolf up close." those animals always fascinated me."Well, that wolf would love to eat you."Sydney pointed out and Kendra laughed.