29.Grief, pain, sorrow.

Karma

Not many days had passed after Simons tried to murder Jason, I didn't count them but I knew they couldn't have been more than six, I also didn't count the times that my mom asked me to eat some more, to get out of my room, to talk to her but she did it plenty of times. To be honest, I got out of my room thrice and went to the pack's house to see Jason who was still unconscious.

The worst part of it all was talking to his mom, she was crying all the time. Most of the time, I was unable to understand what she was saying. Thank god, Leo was with me every time I decided to visit Jason's home because I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to handle it my own. The atmosphere inside the house was enough to drive me mad, so much grief, pain, and sorrow. Whenever I returned home from there, it was like they followed me as I carried them home with me, I had a terrible burden on my chest.

I know what most people would think, that the hardest part in all this was seeing Jason laying still on his bed. I don't why but whenever I saw him, I calmed down. It's strange, I know, but seeing him, touching him, talking to him even if he couldn't understand it was like taking a break from all this, crying and weeping. Everyone that knew Jason was either really sad, sobbing and pleading some divine form to save him or really angry and wanted to avenge his death with the cruelest way they could think.

It felt like I was surrounded by death, Jason's death so, whenever I placed my head on his chest and heard his heart beating or whenever I was watching him simply breathe I remembered that he was still there with me, that he was still fighting. He was my warrior and if he ever woke up I was going to tell him that, he was the only light in these horribly, dark days.

"Baby..." my mom opened my bedroom's door. "Someone is here to see you." she announced."Is it Leo?" my voice sounded so hoarse those days. "No, baby, it' a girl around your age. She said that it's really important to speak to you." I sighed and got up from the bed. I got out of the room and my mother followed behind me as I walked towards the living room. That was when I saw her, she heard my steps and turn around to face me.

Fire came out of my fingers."Karma!" my mother gasped."Mom, stay behind me, she and her lunatic of a father might be here to slaughter us." I didn't actually believe that she came to my house to kill me though."I'm not going to kill you Karma. I just came here because we need to talk." I sighed.

"Listen to me, sweetheart, whatever I had to say to you, to your father, to your friends, to your pack I said it a couple of days ago on that field. I just want you to stop murdering innocent people and stay the hell out of my business. I don't want you around, I don't know what the fuck you're going to do but hell, get out of my fucking property and if you left for another continent forever I wouldn't mind that either. Besides you know how dangerous it is for you to wonder alone here? If someone from the pack sees you, they will attack you, you almost killed their leader, my boyfriend. Jason tried to convince everyone that it was all your fathers doing but you know something? You're an eighteen-year-old girl. You're equally responsible. So, get your ass off my house before I start burning shit." I said in a very threatening tone.

"Even if they attacked me you wouldn't let them go through with it." I shook my head."What makes you think such thing? Because I wouldn't stop them." she didn't look convinced at all."Karma, you chose me to be the pack's new leader, admit it you kind of believe in me." I laughed at her."No, I don't believe in you but you're a way better leader than your father." she smiled at me."That indirectly means that you believe in me." I rolled my eyes."That means that you haven't completely lost your mind yet." I explained.

"Anyway, I'll do my best for the pack." she assured me."I don't particularly care about your pack." it was true, they harmed us."You might not care now but unfortunately for you is in your blood to care about everything." she told me."What do you mean?" that caught my attention."I've asked one of the elders about your kind. Nature witches are protectors of peace and balance. It's in your blood to make sure that everyone is alright." she explained.