24. The right way.

Karma
"Mom, please don't be like that." I sighed. I understood her though, I would be in a worse condition if my child was in the middle of a war. "We should just call the police." she sounded so worried. "And tell them what? That I am a witch in the middle of a werewolf war? What's the police going to do about that?" I was trying to reason with her."This is insane... Just please break up with this boy." it felt like she was begging me."I wish it was that easy but I and Jason are meant for each other. If we get separated, we will always be sad. I understand that this sounds ridiculous to you but it's true. We have a bond so strong that when Jason tried to break it I almost died. It's fate, I can't control that. " I know that even after I explained it to her she wouldn't understand. Truth to be told I had a hard time understanding too.
"And you think that going to the mountains with a bunch of werewolves is safe?" I nodded."Jason and his pack would never hurt me. I know it. Jason would attack them if they tried to harm me in any way." I knew for a fact that the young werewolf wouldn't let anyone hurt me. "I don't like this, Karma, just let him go." she was on the verge of crying. "I'll be just fine, mom." she shook her head. "Baby, please don't." she was trembling.
The doorbell rang."Ok, that's Noah." I announced but my mother grabbed my hand."Karma, please don't do this. I have such a bad feeling for this." I gave her a tight hug. "Mom, calm down. I'll be fine. I'll call you as soon as I get there." I kissed her cheek and grabbed my bags. I didn't know how long I was going to stay there so I packed a lot of clothes. I hoped that it wouldn't be too long though."Karma, I'm begging you." I bit my bottom lip. "I love you, mom. Try not to worry too much." I headed towards the door and when I opened it I found Noah smiling at me.
"Good morning, Karma. Let me help you." he picked up my luggage like it weighed nothing. I looked at him astonished. Damn, werewolves are strong, I couldn't even pick up them up. "I'll give you a ride and then I'll leave with your things for the mountains, sounds good?" he questioned and I nodded."Thank you." I smiled at him. "Come on, get inside." he told me we drove until we were as close as possible to the place that Jason told me to meet him."Good luck and please be careful." The kind werewolf told me."I just hope that everything turns out alright for everybody's shake." he chuckled and I got out of the car.
I walked for a couple of minutes until I found the place that Jason told me to wait for him. It was under a huge tree, he told me to wait for him by the rocks that were close to the tree's roots. I sat down at one of the rocks and waited. Jason would talk with Serena first and then we would talk to her together. It wasn't an easy task but I think that if we explained to her the situation, maybe we would be able to put some sense into her. She just had to find out the right way, I'm not saying that she would forgive us immediately but she could discourage her dad from going on a killing spree. God, I didn't' want anyone to die. It was unfair, so unfair.
I waited for a few more minutes and then I hear someone walking towards me."Jason?" Serena's voice echoed through the forest and I hid behind a tree. What is she doing here? She isn't supposed to be here."I thought we would meet at the cabin what are you doing here? Also, you changed your cologne or something? You smell a little weird." I'm dead, I'm so dead. She is going to tear me apart. "Are you hiding from me?" she giggled. I was alone, with a werewolf whose boyfriend cheated on her with me.
"Come out, come out wherever you are." she sang. How can I be so unlucky? "If you come out I promise you won't regret it." she said in a suggestive tone. What's that supposed to mean? "We'll go the cabin and I'll show how much I love you how does that sound?" she asked. I rubbed my temples. What am I supposed to do?
"I know where you are." Shit."You're behind this huge tree!" she jumped and appeared in front of me. I started taking steps back, away from her."Karma?" she looked at me with a puzzled look. I kept taking steps back, sooner or later she would realize what's going on and I didn't want to be close to her when that happened."Why do you smell like that?" she was confused. I thought that it would be better if I kept my mouth shut, I didn't want to tell her anything that could guide her to the truth. At least I could buy Jason some time to get to me because if she attacks me I didn't want to fight back, I couldn't, there was a possibility that I would burn her alive. I'll do my best not to use my powers.
Her eyes widened in realization and I knew that I was doomed."Why are you marked by him?" her eyes changed color."Why are you marked by him?" I was going to die."I'm so sorry..." I whispered."You're sorry? What do you mean you're sorry? How did this happen? How?" she yelled at me."Serena, calm down, please... We're sorry." I was shaking from fear. I don't know what scared me the most the fact that I might hurt her or that she might hurt me?"You're sorry? I don't care if you're sorry. He was cheating on me with you, wasn't he?" I bit my shaking lip so hard that I tasted blood. I didn't have to answer the look on my face gave her all the answers she needed.
"How long?" she questioned. I felt horrible for her and disgusted with myself."Not for long, we haven't been a couple for long." she snorted."Oh, so you're a couple. You're so full of shit." she growled."Serena, we're mates." I didn't know what else to tell her."No, you're just horrible people." maybe we were but we never meant to hurt anyone, it just happened.
Suddenly the beautiful brunette girl in front of me with the big hazel eyes started to transform into a werewolf. I could hear her bones breaking, I saw fur coming out of her skin, her nails and her teeth grew. She was as beautiful as a wolf as she was as a human. She had grey fur and piercing bright yellow eyes that looked like Jason's, I didn't have time to observe her though because she attacked me. She was ready to attack me and I closed my eyes tightly. I was waiting to fell her teeth on me. I didn't want to hurt her, that was the last thing I wanted.
She would have ripped me to shreds but something stopped her. I opened my eyes and I saw the familiar black beast battling with her. Jason pinned her down and turned to growl at me. I knew what he wanted."I'm not leaving, I'm not going to run." his attention turned back to Serena who was biting his neck furiously. He didn't want to hurt her either he just wanted the grey wolf to stay away from me. She wanted to turn him into tiny pieces though, I could see it. Jason once again growled at me harder this time. Like I said I wasn't going to run so, I clenched my fist hard and roots came out of the ground holding the grey wolf with the soft fur into place.
"I'm not leaving without you." I stated and the enormous black wolf trotted towards me. He motioned me to climb on his back and I did it without thinking because Serena was ready to break the restraints I made for her. Jason started running with me on his back. I was holding on his fur hoping that I wouldn't fall off. At least when I was with him I didn't feel the fear I felt before. We were together so, it was going to be fine, we would manage somehow.
While I was holding on to him I realized that blood was oozing from his neck."You're bleeding." I told him. The wolf ignored me completely, I wasn't expecting him to answer or anything like that but I knew he heard me and I hoped that he would stop running but no, Jason just started to run faster. For a while, I didn't know where to but at some point when I raised my head and saw the mountains, I knew that we were heading there.
I was on his back for at least one hour. The closer we got to the mountains the colder I felt and soon enough I was freezing. At some point, we arrived at a house and I swear to you, I've never seen a bigger house in my life. Jason stopped running and I quickly got off his back. He immediately changed in his human form, there was a nasty bit on his shoulder, I suppose that when werewolves change into their human form the wounds change place slightly. I was shaking and shivering, while he was taking deep breaths. I tried to get close to him, to help him but I was so cold that I couldn't do much. There was snow beneath our feet and my cardigan wasn't doing a good job at keeping me warm.
Then out of nowhere six wolfs circled us. I didn't know if they were enemys or not but I prayed they weren't because in my condition I could do much to help my boyfriend who was ready to pass out from the blood loss and the exhaustion."Karma? Jason?" Noah was running towards us."What the hell happened?"The blonde-haired boy asked but I was unable to answer."Shit." he muttered and gave me his jacket. " Come on stand up." he gave me his hand to help me and even though I was trembling I made it."Alpha, come on, let's go inside." He picked up Jason and then helped him to keep standing while we were walking towards the house."Go to the fireplace." Noah told me and I ran towards it while he vanished with Jason. I was grateful that the house was warm. My temperature became once again normal.
"Are you alright?" Noah sat next to me." I'm fine. How is Jason?" the boy chuckled."Your mate is fine luna. He just needs a little bit of rest. I need to know what happened." I sighed relieved."The plan went wrong... Serena caught the wrong scent and headed towards me while she was supposed to meet Jason first. She learned that her boyfriend was cheating on her with me the worst way possible. I'm glad I'm not dead honestly and that Jason is fine. She wanted to kill us both. She looked scary, Noah, I thought she was a good person." just the memory of it made me sick, we were in so much trouble.
"Werewolves get pissed easily, Jason was supposed to be her mate, she is still in love with him. I know that this is foreign to you but werewolves will kill if something pisses them off enough. She must have been furious. I'm glad that both of you are alright." Noah said sincerely."So, what you're saying is that you kill for no apparent reason?" I cocked my brow."Serena had no intention of harming Jason, he loves him. It was you that she wanted dead, he just got in the way. To her there is a reason, you took him away from her, she believes he is her other half." he explained.
"Now there is no way we can avoid war." I shook my head disappointed."I'm sorry, Karma." he told me."Well, there is nothing we can do about it now. Because of me and Jason everybody is in danger." the blonde werewolf shook his head."Karma, that man is insane and his daughter isn't in a state to argue with him right now. It's his fault, he is going to take advantage of his daughter's bad break up to take revenge on our pack. He is just a bloodthirsty man." I sighed."It's going to be fine, girl." he patted my back."I hope so." I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear."Why don't you go to lie down with Jason? He got scared when Serena attacked you." I nodded.
"She doesn't need to come, I'm up." Jason approached us wearing just some sweatpants. His wound wasn't fully healed."Go back to bed, Jason. You aren't healed." he just glared at me."You have no right to give orders to me, not after the stupid thing you did today." he spat. "Jason..." he rolled his eyes."Have you got any idea how scared I got?" he asked me. "I understand that..." I started to say but he interrupted me."No, no, you don't understand... I thought she was going to kill you! I lost my shit! She was going to tear you apart, Karma!" he yelled at me. "I couldn't hurt her, Moonstone. I know, I scared you, I know but please try to understand that if I used my power I could have burned her alive." I explained."I don't give a shit even if she turned into a pile of ash, Karma. I don't give damn." was he serious?
"How could you say that? She is your ex-girlfriend! You loved her!" he shook his head."She is my ex and you are my whole world. We are meant to be together. Every cell in my body tells me to protect you and take care of you. If you died, I would die from sadness. I know it sounds insane but it's true. I've marked you Karma, nothing can break our bond now and since I'm a werewolf If something happened to you, it is possible that I might die from my sorrow. " he looked so sincere, he was serious.
"Jason, I couldn't do that to her." he bit his lip."I know, I know you couldn't do such a thing. You're kind and noble and as much as I love those things about you... Karma, I'm not as kind and as understanding as you are. So, I swear to you that if she dared to touch you, she would be dead now. I'm begging you, my moon, the next time someone attacks you, fight back or else I'll do it for you." I didn't know what to say.
"Jason, you're freaking her out, dude. Calm down. Karma will be fine, you don't have to kill anyone."Jasons' face softened. "Are we scaring you?" he asked. I guess he was referring to him and his wolf. "No, Jason, you don't. It's just that you can't fight my battles for me and you can't harm anyone. You never scared me not even when you hired those witches to break the bond." I told him honestly."I love you and I want to take care of you." I smiled."I know, I understand, I love you too but you can't do everything for me." Noah ruffled my hair."I like her." he said to his friend. "Of course you do, she is awesome. " Jason snorted and I giggled.
"It's time to introduce you to the pack, my moon." Jason announced. "What? Now?" Jason nodded."Go outside with Noah and I'll come in a few minutes with the rest of the pack." Jason instructed."Dude, she needs a jacket or something, she almost froze to death the last time she was out there." Noah pointed out. "You're right, I'll bring you something to wear, Karma, give me a second." he ran somewhere in the house and returned a few seconds later holding a huge, thick hoodie."Here." he smiled and handed me the hoodie.
"Let's go."Noah motioned me to follow him after I wore the hoodie. I followed his and realized that a lot of wolves were waiting close to the door."Karma, I have to turn, don't freak out." I nodded and soon next to me wasn't Noah but a grey wolf. I smiled at him nervously and he slightly wagged his tail. He walked forward and I followed him. The pack looked at me from head to tow like I was some kind of exhibit.
For a few minutes I remained still and then when I heared the door opening behind me I saw Jason with a group of people behind him."Are they going to turn too?" I whispered at Noah who nodded. One by one they changed and I became even more nervous. Jason trotted next to me.

Jason
I immediately went closer to her because she was anxious, I could tell. I could hear the whispers all around us.
"Is that her?"
"She is so pretty."
"What's going on? Where's Serena?"

"People of the Moonstone pack..." all eyes fell on me."We gathered here today because I want to tell you some important news. Karma, over here, is a witch of the four elements and our future luna. She is the last of her kind. I know that you might be confused so I should inform you that Serena and I are no longer in a relationship. We made a huge mistake and thought that we were meant for each other. I'm asking for your help brothers and sisters. That evil man, Derek Simons will start a war against us. He is going to take advantage of Serena's pain. I want you to fight by my side, by our side this war. I want us to defeat that bastard so that we can leave in harmony from now on." all the wolf howled and that was a good sign it meant that they were with me.
"Our victory will mean peace for a long long time, my friends, So, now bow before your queen, Karma, the last of her kind, the strongest witch of our time." I motioned Karma to follow me everyone parted so that we could go through them and they started bowing."Jason what's going on?" my mate whispered. You're officially one of our members Karma, you're now one of us.

***

Above you can see the beautiful Serena who finally learned the truth and right below I'll show you hers and Jason's wolves.