12. Magic

Karma
Leo told me to meet him at his car. We were in a mission, I was going to try and control my powers οr at least the powers that Leo claimed I have because aside from what happened that day with those witches I had never used magic before in my life and it was hard for me to believe that I could do all the things for me to believe that I could do all the things that the vampire was describing. I kept repeating to myself that he is a vampire because I was still processing that the supernatural existed.
I mean I, a witch, was hanging out with a vampire and was crushing on a werewolf who wanted to spell me. It's so complicated. So, for one week all I did was processing and when Leo thought I was doing better he told me that it was time for me to move to the next step and start doing magic.
I was ready to step out of school when I heard my name. I turned around to see no other than Jason Moonstone looking at me chewing his lip nervously."Hey." He waved at me and I rolled my eyes while leaving. Of course, he had to stop me."Please, just wait a second." he pleaded."You couldn't wait more than one week to talk to me, could you?" I really didn't want to talk to him. He just shook his head."If you don't have anything important to tell me, I have to go Leo is waiting for me." she shouldn't have approached me.
I tried to avoid eye contact the whole time because when I look into his eyes my stomach always turns and my knees start shaking. I didn't want him to know that even after all he put me through I still couldn't get him out of my mind. I'm a sick girl, I swear.
"Actually, I have something very important to say to you.I'm so sorry, little thing." he sounded very sincere. He meant it I could see it from the pained expression on his face."I believe you but what you did, what those girls did, sorry doesn't fix it." he sighed."I know, Karma, I know but you don't even know the whole story." he defended himself."And I'm not ready to hear it yet. I have to go now. Besides, I bet you don't want anyone to see us talking." he ran a hand through his dark hair."I don't give a damn if anyone sees us. All I care about is your forgiveness. I won't stand it if you don't forgive me, Karma, if you haven't noticed I have a thing for you." he said biting his lip."You still have a girlfriend. Don't forget that. We will talk again when I please, don't bother me, Jason"I tried to be stern but my hammered in my chest. After that, I left.
Leo was sitting at the hood of his car with a huge grin on his face."Where have you been, clumsy one? I've been waiting for more than five minutes." he pretended to be angry."Jason talked to me." I said like it didn't affect me at all."Oh, well, what are you waiting for? Spill." we both got inside his car."We didn't talk much." he chuckled turning the engine on."He tried to apologize?" he asked me and I nodded."Yes and he also said that he has a thing for me but it's still way too early." he smiled mischievously."Even if it's way too early your heartbeat increases whenever you talk about him. It's cute." he was right and the pissed me off.
"Leo it's sick. That guy harmed me." I sighed."It might be a little sick but it's still adorable." I rolled my eyes."You know someone in his right mind would advise me to stay away from Jason because he is a prick." Leo looked at me smirking."Do I look like I'm someone in his right mind? I am a one hundred and twenty-year-old vampire who has a serious addiction to pokemon. What kind of advice were you expecting me to give you?" he inquired laughing."I don't know. You should have said something like <<Date Pikachu, Karma, he is the right guy for you.>>." I pretended to be him."Karma that's bestiality and it's way sicker than wanting to date Jason." we both broke into laughter."Fuck, you're right." I muttered.
"So, are you ready to start doing magic?" I shook my head."I don't think I'll ever be. Let's get this over with." he laughed."You know that you aren't able to control your magic in just one day, right?" I scoffed."I guessed that. I mean it took me almost sixteen years to find out I was a witch, I can't imagine how long it will take for me to learn one single spell." I agreed with him and Leo parked in his driveway.
"Like I've told you before, you don't need spells." he got out of the car."Yes, I remember, but if I don't need any spell then how am I supposed to control my powers?" I asked him and he sighed locking his car."With your mind." he said plainly like it was no big deal."The last time, I almost strangled ten women to death." I was more than frustrated."Don't worry Karma, those bitches deserved it." I glared at him."Even if they did, I'm no killer and I don't intend becoming one." I said and we got inside his house.
"How can you be so calm about me almost killing ten women?" I inquired and he bit his lip."Well, I've killed more than ten women." he confessed. I just stared at him shocked. If you think about it though, it wasn't a big surprise, he survived for a very long time and to do that he needed blood. Even if his intentions weren't to kill his food, at the beginning at least it would be very easy for him to lose control and drink all their blood."And that's when the little clumsy girl starts running and never talks to the better version of Edward Cullen again."Leo had this habit of using humor whenever he wanted to hide his pain.
"You haven't killed in a very long time though." I observed and he arched his brow."And how do you know that for sure?"I smiled."All your ex-girlfriends are alive and well. You didn't harm them." I explained and he chuckled."What if I killed other random people? How could you know if I am guilty of killing them or not?" I thought for a second."There weren't any animal attacks or missing people in this town. You didn't kill anyone. Neither you nor Natalie." he looked pleased with my answer."You're so good at this." he sat on his big gray couch.
"Let's find out if I can get even better." I sat down Indian style next to him."I'll tell you whatever I know about your kind." he told me and I nodded."There are three types of witches. The ones that do light magic, which is in some ways similar to your powers. These witches take their power from their sacred spellbook and they have mostly healing properties. They do magic to help others." I looked at him stunned.
"How is this similar to my powers?" I wondered and he smiled."Because your intentions are pure. It is said that the sacred spell book gives it's power only if you are worth it. It is also said that the witches of your kind are as strong as their hearts. You are way stronger than any white witch though." I was living inside a crazy fairy tale.
"The witches that attacked me belong to the third kind?" I questioned and he nodded."They are the black witches, they do black magic. Their magic comes from Satan, the ruler of hell. They just absorb the energy from other things and use it to do spells. For example, from what I know you are a virgin..." I motioned him to continue because he was right."After they were done with the spell that they were doing to you they were going to take your blood. If not all at least some of it." I shivered."I'm lucky, I am alive." I could barely breathe when the memories of that day returned to me."Yes, you are." he agreed.
"Your kind, the nature witches are the strongest witches of them all. Your magic comes from the inside and you are envied by most of the witches, even the white ones because of that. Your kind was extinct because of their jealousy. The black witches hunted you down while the white ones did nothing to help you. You are one of the kind Karma. You have to be very careful. I just hope that these women who attacked you have no idea what you are. I mean, we haven't seen a nature witch in at least sixty years." I looked at him amazed.
"How is it possible that I am one since I don't belong in one of the families that were actually covens?" I asked him and he shrugged."In all honesty Karma, I don't know. Are any of your relatives adopted?" I shook my head."None." he sighed."Then I guess that nature once again found a way to restore balance because you, little witch, are a little peacemaker." he looked at me straight in the eye."You are a miracle." His words were so pretty but held so much weight on them.
"No, Leo, I'm just Karma." he shook his head laughing at my attempt to remind him that I have nothing to do with all those things he mentioned, I'm not a miracle and certainly I'm not a peacemaker."You don't understand how valuable you are...You are the last nature witch." I didn't feel all that important and I wasn't sure what I should do with that title.
"You said that I am really strong...What powers do I possess?" he grinned."Well, you have control of the fourth elements. You can control water, air, fire, and soil. Some elements are easier to handle than others. The easiest of them all is soil, the one you controlled in the woods. That's because when you control the soil you control the plants which are living organizations. They feel the need to serve you and they are the easiest to control. Usually, after the soil, witches of your kind learned how to tame the air with the air you can move objects and yourself after a lot of practice. After the air comes water, you can turn it into ice, you can boil it, you can hurt others with it and you can heal small wounds. In the end, they learn fire which is the hardest of them all." I bit my lip nervously."It sounds difficult." he chuckled."It is." he told me.
"How do you know all this?" I inquired."With age comes wisdom." he responded and I laughed."It sounds so weird coming from your mouth." I pointed out and he ran a hand through his silky, blonde hair."You have to get used to the idea that I am way older than I look." I sighed. I had to get used to many things.
"So are you ready to begin?" he asked and I nodded hesitantly. He got up from the sofa and headed towards his kitchen, a few seconds later he returned holding a small flower pot, with a small green plant in it. He gently placed it in the wooden coffee table in front of me smiling."Make it grow." he ordered. I looked at the plant. I closed my eyes and imagined the plant growing exactly like the roots that swirled around the witches the day that I used my powers for the first time.
I opened my eyes but the plant was the same size as before. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes again. I once again tried to imagine that the plant's leaves were growing and that it was blooming but when I opened my eyes once again the plant was the same. I tried another tactic and stared intensely at the plant but that didn't work either."Let's try something else. Try to move it." Leo suggested I furrowed my brows in confusion."What do you mean move it?" I asked him."You can either move it's leaves or you can make rock. Relax and close your eyes." he instructed and I did as he told me.
"Imagine the flower moving." his voice sounded so soft like a gentle caress. That was the kind of voice he used when he wanted something from a girl."Feel the energy leaving from your body and traveling to the plant." I felt nothing, no energy."Leochu, I feel nothing." I mentioned."Concentrate." he said sternly and I took a deep breath. I relaxed my body and I focused on making the plant move."That's it, try harder."Leo sounded pleased with my effort."Inhale." I filled my lungs with air."Feel the energy building up inside you." I felt nothing."Now exhale and sent the energy to the plant." I breathed out.
"Let's try it once again, inhale." he could be a great football coach if he wanted."Do you feel the magic inside you?" he asked."I feel nothing." I answered."You don't feel anything inside you?" he exclaimed."Leochu, do you realize how wrong this sounds?" I opened one of my eyes to take a peek of him. He was looking at me annoyed.
"Why can't you feel anything? I did everything that my book said I should do." he got up from the couch. He went to his library and grabbed a red book which looked really old. He started to browse through the pages like a maniac."I followed the instructions perfectly." he said mostly to himself."That's the way that you should guide a witch of your kind to use her magic." he was obviously frustrated.
He came and sat down next to me leaving the old book on the table."Maybe we should try a different approach." I suggested."What do you think we should do?" he asked cocking a brow."A great witch once said that magic comes from arousal." I responded and he arched his brow."Who the fuck said that?" he asked confused."Mary Sibley." I explained."When did she say that?" he inquired."At a TV series named Salem." he broke into laughter."Look, I understand. I get it. You're finding excuses to sleep with me..." I smacked him."You wish, vampire." I rolled my eyes."What I am trying to say, witch, is that I don't think that what this TV show says is accurate. Besides Mary Sibley is a black witch." he explained and I sighed.
"I guess you're right it was a stupid idea." I admitted."Let's try it." I giggled."We just concluded that it's stupid and you want me to try it?" he scoffed at me."Well, we have run out of ideas, haven't we? So, should I eat your pussy or something?" I started to feel my cheeks burning."Shame on you!" I smacked him again, harder this time. He started to laugh."You should have seen your face." he smirked."I hate you." I barked."No, you don't." he bragged.
"So, listen to what we're going to do. Since you're not into me, I'll go that couch over there and you'll sit here. Imagine that Jason does stuff to you and hope that it will work because what we're about to do is really awkward." I rolled my eyes."It's not going to work. I'm not into Jason." I snorted."Yeah right, you're not into him." he mocked me."Shut up, Leochu." I spat."At least try it." he sat on the other couch."I can't do it." I protested."Close your eyes Karma and start thinking." he grabbed his phone.
I closed my eyes and did as he said. I imagined that Jason was sitting next to me on the couch. One minute we were talking and the other his lips were on mine. His hands traveled to my waist and he pulled me closer to him. His tongue danced with mine and I found it hard to breathe. His kisses, intoxicating. His touch, addicting. He kissed my cheeks, my chin, my neck, and my chest. I grabbed a fist full of his hair and climbed on his lap. His lips once again attacked mine and I got lost on the feeling.
"I'm sure that the things you're imagining are pretty interesting but I think it's time to start doing magic now." Leo mentioned and I opened my eyes."Fine." I sighed."It worked though." he said with a smug look on his face."Shut up." I felt my face heating up."You're so into him." he pointed out and I rolled my eyes."Shut up." I scoffed."Make the plant grow, clumsy one!" he ordered and I closed my eyes and concentrated on the plant.
Once again nothing happened."Maybe I didn't leave enough time to get turned on." he said plainly."Maybe it won't work at all." he rolled his eyes."Just shut up and fuck Jason in your mind." he yelled and I shot him an angry look. He was there sitting on the couch, scrolling on his phone while I was trying to do magic on my own. He annoyed me. I just wished that the air would swirl around, pick up the old book on the table and throw it on his perfect face. I mean, he was asking way too much from me."Get to work Karma." I really want to hit him with the book.
Then with the corner of my eye, I saw the air swirling around the book. I smirked deviously. I'm going to get you, Leo. Lift the fucking book, Karma. The air started circling around the book harder and harder until the book was lifted in the air. I looked at Leo and the air blew harder and the book hit him on the head."Seriously now? Just do some magic, Karma." he placed the book on the table again."Oh, I just did." the air on again under my command threw the book on Leo's face again. He looked at me stunned."I need a purpose to use my magic." I explained grinning like a fool."That's the key." I added and he looked at me proudly.

***

I decided to post a few pictures of Karma in this chapter just so that you know.