27. It had officially begun

Karma

"Karma, baby, wake up." Jason shook me. I opened my eyes but then I closed them again because they felt heavy."Karma, you really need to wake up." I started to stretch."Why? Don't you want to come and sleep with me for a little longer?" I whined." My moon, you know how much I love sleeping next to you but they are here. We have to go and fight." my eyes shot open."What? What do you mean here? How did they find us?" he held my hand."Calm down, when I said here I meant nearby. One of our scouts met with one of theirs. They are ready for war and waiting for us at a field, which is pretty close. We need to leave, Karma. It is actually time. You need to get dressed, eat something quickly and after that, we're leaving. " I nodded shaking from fear.

Jason

I could smell my mate's fear."Karma, you can't let your fear destroy you. We talked about this, everything is going to be fine." I cooed."How can you be so sure?" Her voice was breaking."What if I can't fight Jason?" I shook my head."We had this conversation before, Karma. Not again...Take deep breaths please." she shook her head violently."How can you not be scared of losing someone? I'm terrified that something is going to happen to you just because I couldn't say no. I won't be able to live with myself." she was ready to start crying I could see it."Karma, I wanted to be with you, don't blame your self for not turning me down. I wanted this and like we said the other day I'll try and talk to Serena." I explained to her calmly and we heard a knock on the door.

"Hey guys, I didn't want to interrupt but your pack is asking for you, Jason. Good morning clumsy one." Leo announced. "You..." Karma headed towards the vampire."Don't you dare do something reckless." she growled."Karma, I..." she grabbed him by the hem of his shirt."Promise me." she looked intensely into his eyes, they were communicating. It was still annoying me, how close they were but honestly, Leo helped me and Karma to get together so, I shouldn't say anything to him really."Fine, fine." he said defeated."I'll be careful." he assured her and patted her head. She looked pleased with his answer. "Jason, you really have to go. They need guidance." I nodded."Try to calm her down." the vampire chuckled and he started to talk with Karma.

I headed downstairs to find my mother in the living room."Jason, finally. Where's your luna?" she asked."Upstairs trying to find her composure." she sighed."You're both too young to be at a war like this. The poor girl, it's hard to believe what she is doing to be with you. I absolutely adore her. Don't you ever leave this girl." I snorted. "I could never leave her. We're mates. And it's killing me, seeing her this sad. She hates violence and wars and she forced to fight." my mother smiled sadly at me.

"Of course, she hates war Jason, she is a nature witch, one of the most peaceful creatures out there. From what I've heard from her friend, the vampire, she is really, really strong and do you know what that means, boy? She has a golden heart and she is proving it all the time." I smiled at my mother's words." I've met many girls in my life, many but none of them was like her. I'm not saying that just because we're mates, It's true. Even Leo, that never made actual friends has bonded with her." my mother grinned."Make sure you keep her." I rolled my eyes playfully at her.

"I know that the plan was to go talk to the pack with your luna but boy, I think you need to start talking to them on your own. When I'll see her coming downstairs, I'll tell her to come and find you." I nodded."Good luck protecting the pups with Sarah, mother." I said playfully knowing how annoying the pups can get sometimes."And you should take care of yourself because you're way too important to everyone, Jason. I love you." she hugged me tightly."I love you too mother." I smiled. "I wish your father was here to see you." she cupped my cheeks with her hands."He couldn't come, mom, this is my fight." she nodded."Go, now, go." She patted me on the pack.

I went outside the house, I took off my clothes and turned. In our yeard, thirty-two werewolves were waiting for me. "Alpha!" one of them said. Most of them were soldiers, specially trained for battle. They hated the pack of the Black Sun with a burning passion because of my aunt's murder. "My people! The day has come that we must fight the pack of the Black Sun. I'll be honest with you like I always have. This war is partially my fault, I was involved with Simon's daughter and now he is outraged that I and she are not together anymore. That's what he is claiming but I know better than that. I know him and I know my ex-girlfriend. I also know what most of you are thinking, like father, like daughter but no. Serena is not like her father, he is manipulating her, he is using her to get to us. Our plan is to try and stop this war while it's still early." I explained.