18.Luna

Karma
"How do I look, mom?" I asked and she gave me a very warm smile. She looked so tired, she came home after a long shift at the local hospital but refused to go to sleep until she saw what I was going to wear to prom."Like you're going to star at a Disney movie. God, my daughter is the most beautiful girl in the world." I giggled."I love so much, mom." I kissed her head.
"So, this boy you're going with, the boyfriend..." I rolled my eyes when she said boyfriend."Leo and I are very good friends. We're not dating mom, relax. If I start dating I'll tell you I promise." she sighed relieved."Thank god because I am way too tired to meet him." I laughed at that."Go to sleep mom." I said and when she went upstairs to get some sleep, I checked my phone.
The boy you shouldn't talk to: I can't wait to see you tonight.

Even though I shouldn't, I smiled. I just couldn't help myself. It was so wrong and I didn't deserve the way he treated me but whenever he was looking at me or talking to me or texting me my heart started to jump in my chest. I want him so much that it's frustrating. It's unfair that I feel this way about him, so unfair. I don't even think that he cares about me. At this point, I don't think it mattered, no matter what, I was still into him. Apparently, I'm that stupid. I mean, the guy hired ten insane women to perform some kind of ritual on me. I still forgave him, I don't think there is anything worse he could do. Leo said that he almost killed me and he was right I could feel my soul leaving my body. How can anyone forgive something like that I'll never understand. I still did though.
Leo texted me that he was outside so, I quickly grabbed my stuff and went to meet the beautiful blonde-haired boy. When he saw me approaching him a big smile that would make any other girl dizzy appeared on his lips. "You look absolutely stunning your highness. King Jason is going to lose his shit when he sees you." he bowed."Since when is Jason a king?" I snorted."Since birth but that is a discussion that you are going to have with him alone tonight, I'll make sure of that." I rolled my eyes at that.
"I can't talk to him tonight Leo he has a date." I told him."His date is going to have way more fun with me than with a guy who literally drooling over another girl, believe me." I couldn't disagree with that but he wasn't actually going to drool over me, was he? "Yes Karma, he will. I swear the god he will." I laughed at that."How did you know that I was thinking something like that?" I wondered."I just know you." he said like it wasn't a big deal."And how do you know that he is going to drool over me?" I asked him."You're just hot like that." he replied shrugging."You are something else." I said and we both laughed.
The ride to the school was short and really fun. I and Leo laughed all the time."Well, look at us."Leo fixed his tie and admired himself in the mirror."We are hot as fuck." he stated and I broke into laughter." How can you be so full of yourself?" I wondered. "Come on Karma, look at me...I have the perfect eyes, the perfect hair, the perfect nose, and my body is fucking divine." he chuckled."Were you always that attractive?" I inquired."When I was human I was a pretty boy but since I turned, I became perfect. It happens to every vampire, we become blonde, our eyes turn blue and every imperfection on our bodies vanishes." he explained."It sounds so cool." I told him."In reality, it isn't. When you wake up you don't look like you anymore, you don't feel like you use to. It's just sad. It's like you're alive but you're not." he frowned.
"If you want to become a vampire what do you have to do?" he glared at me."I'm not answering that because I don't like the way you said it." he said sternly."I would never go through with it. You know me, you know that." he sighed."I do know you but still..." the atmosphere in the car was becoming weirder and weirder by the minute.
"So, are you ready to go inside, your highness?" he cocked his brow and I smiled."Let's drive Jason insane." I smirked."That's my witch." he said and with that, he got out of the car and opened my door."Take my hand clumsy one, you don't want to fall flat on your butt again and ruin the perfect dress that you wouldn't have bought without my help." I laughed at his comment.
When we got inside the school Leo told me that everyone was whispering about us. They all assumed that the new girl changed the school's player and made him fall in love with her. That was far from the truth though. Somewhere between all those people, we found the group of kids that we usually hang out with."Oh, here they are!"Serena exclaimed. Next to her Sydney gave us a weak smile and waved. Leo immediately went close to her."Hi Syd." he told her and they started to chat. I was happy for him even though I knew that the thing between him and her was complicated mostly because of him and his mother. That woman has a huge influence on him.
Then my eyes fell on Jason. To me, he was the most beautiful guy in the whole universe. He was shining like a god in his expensive suit. I don't know what Leo said but I was the one drooling and not him. For once I was unable to look away. He wouldn't look away either. "Karma nice to see you." Noah took a step closer to me. I finally looked away from Jason."Noah, nice to see you too." I tried to smile but it was like my face wasn't complying. "Hey." Jason said scratching the back of his head. I just waved at him. It was a little bit awkward. I mean clearly, Noah saw us staring really intensely at each other and thought that he should stop us.
"Karma, come over here please."Leo called and I went to him. "Listen to me clumsy one, something happened and I need to go with Serena." I pretended to be confused. "What? Where are you going?" my eyebrows were knitted and my nose scrunched up. "I'll explain everything tomorrow. We just need to leave right now. You can hang out with Jason while we're gone." he replied pretending to be in a hurry. "Is everything alright?" how is it possible that he is such a good actor? "Yes, don't worry. Be careful and have fun." he winked at me and with that he left with Serena.
Noah and Jason approached us."What is going on?" Noah asked."Serena and Leo left together. Leo told me that he'll explain everything tomorrow and that we should hang out together since our dates ditched us." I explained and Jason gave me a knowing look."Well, if Serena is not here then I don't have a reason to stay. Karma do you want me to drop you at your house?" of course I knew that if I said yes we weren't going to my house."Yeah, sure." I shrugged. "You don't have to go Karma. You can hang out with us."Sydney suggested. "It's just that what Leo did, ruined my mood. We were supposed to come here as best friends and he ruined it for me." that was partially true. "Oh, alright then. See you at school." she smiled weakly at me."Yeah, see you." I waved at her.
I got inside Jason's car and I could see that we were headed towards the woods."I don't even understand why I am taking part in this." I sighed."Because we need to talk." he said casually."I shouldn't be alone in a car with you but here I am with my prom dress and all." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I'm going to do anything to you, I promise." he told me sincerely and I nodded.
"You look beautiful." when he said that once again my heart betrayed me and started to hammer inside my chest."To be honest you're not so bad yourself." I was too embarrassed to look at him." Have I ever told you how much I want to kiss the shit out of you?" I just rolled my eyes."We're here to talk so, stop flirting with me." I said sternly. "We can talk and I can flirt with you at the same time." he parked the car literally in the middle of nowhere, we were surrounded by trees. "You know how to go home from here, right?" I said worriedly. "I'm a werewolf Karma, of course, I do." he told me with a bored look on his face.
"The real question here is, what are you?" he said and looked at me straight in the eye. "Leo said that I am a witch of the four elements, my kind is supposed to be extinct." I explained. He just stared at me stunned for a few seconds. "I've heard stories and legends but seeing one of you in front of me, that's amazing, Karma. I can't believe it. What you did with the fire, I've never seen a witch done that before. You're amazing." he told me and caressed my face. "I wouldn't call me amazing but my abilities are cool." I shrugged.
"What else can you do? I want to see if the stories are real." he asked excitedly."Well, I can control the plants, I can control the air, I can do cool stuff with water like making it boil or freeze and apparently I can also control flames that come out of my body if I'm angry." I answered. "At some point can you show me?" I smiled at his question. "If you behave I can show whenever you want, Moonstone." he bit his lip.
"I really want to hold your hand, can I?" he asked shyly. He was so cute that I almost said yes. "Would you do that in front of Serena?" I questioned him."No." he shook his head."Then it's not right." I whispered but I knew that he could hear me perfectly.
"Anyway, I guess I should start talking." he ran a hand through his perfect hair. "Let's start from the basics. I am a werewolf." he stated. "I'm already aware of that." I told him. "I know but I just had to say it once again just to be sure. So, a long time ago, way before you and I were born, witches had a huge war with our kind and in the end, they won and cursed us. We're always incomplete, our other half is somewhere lost in this world and most wolfs never find it. A werewolf's other half is the only way that he or she can communicate with the wolf that lives inside of him or her. We call our other halves mates."Jason began to say.
"I never believed this story though, I've always been kind of skeptical about it. So, two years ago I met Serena. We fell in love rather quickly and we thought that we were mates. At the beginning when my dad found out about us he almost went insane. You see, Serena's dad is the leader of a rival pack and has harmed us many, many times. So, I guess it's kind of natural that he freaked out but in the end, he accepted our love and we made peace with them. After that everything was fine, perfect even but then I met you." he continued and I was a little bit lost.
"Wait, if Serena is your other half and she completes you and you finally managed to make peace with her father, why bother with someone like me?" it wasn't logical. "She is not my mate, you are, that's the problem." he informed me. "What? Are you sure? What if you're mistaken again?" he shook his head. "I'm one hundred percent sure that you are my mate. My wolf told me. You're mine and I'm yours." he said with a dreamy voice. He is cute.
"When did you find out?" he licked his lips when I asked him. "At that Halloween party that you were dressed as little red riding hood. I swear to the one who knows all that I wanted to rip that costume of you and..." I smacked him."Shut your mouth you pervert." he rolled his eyes."What's going to happen if I say it?" he asked me."Would you say that in front of your girlfriend?" I responded, cocking my brow."I wouldn't have a girlfriend if her father wasn't a sick bastard. I would break up with her but if I do he is going to start a war and truth to be told I think that we can't avoid it." he told me seriously.
"You're going to war because of me?" I muttered hoping that I misunderstood something."Not because of you, because of Serena's father. Breaking up with someone normally isn't a reason to start a war, Karma. Believe me, all this time I tried to restrain myself but I can't do that anymore. I'm sorry, I can't keep pretending that everything with me and her is fine. I haven't slept with her for a whole month. I just can't. All these lies ended up suffocating me. I like you. I want to be with you. So, yes I'm actually thinking of starting a war." he exploded.
"All the things you said flatter me Moonstone, they really do but I can't let you go to war because we like each other." he sighed."There is a bond between us Karma, a bond so strong that when I tried to free myself from it and do the right thing for the pack almost killed you. I don't want to fight us anymore, I'm getting sick of it. The one who knows all chose you for me and he had a reason for it." he said running the hand through his hair.
"That was what the spell was about? You wanted to stop being my mate?" I inquired and he nodded. "I felt my heart breaking in two when I took that decision and the end I didn't even stick to it. I came back for you but the witches were already running away." he admitted. "Well, I almost choked them with my roots so, I don't blame them for running away." I shrugged. "I'm sorry that I did this to us, little one. I didn't know that they were going to harm you like that. When I came back for you and saw you bleeding like that from the nose and the ears, I wanted to kill myself. I'm your mate, I have to protect you and I ended up almost killing you.I'm like the biggest prick." he apologized ashamed.
"Now that I know the whole story I can't really blame you for doing such a thing... I actually think that we should stop talking to each other completely." I told him and he glared at me."Listen, as I said, I am a prick and there is no fucking way that I'll put myself through that pain again. We're made for each other, Karma. Like I said the one who knows all paired us for a reason." he told me sternly.
"Who the fuck is the one who knows all? It's like the third time you mentioned that dude." Jason started laughing. "Karma, the one who knows all isn't a dude. He is a god, the first werewolf, the witches assigned him to find a mate for each one of us." he explained laughing."Oh, I didn't know that. Do vampires have a god?" I asked him and he rolled his eyes."I don't know Karma why don't you ask your boyfriend?" he snapped at me."Calm down, he is not my boyfriend, we're best friends." I said and he snorted."Yeah right, does he know that?" he told me sarcastically."We actually talked about it together. Go ask him if you want, he'll tell you that I am his best friend." I stated."That dude never had really close friends, I guess you mean a lot to him."Jason said and I shrugged.
"Well, I have told you everything you need to now except from a tiny detail." he told me running a hand through his hair."Go ahead tell me."I smiled at him."I'm an alpha." I just looked at him confused."What is an alpha?" I asked laughing but from the look on his face I could tell that my smile would fade soon."I'm the leader of the pack, well, not yet but soon I will be." he answered.
"So, you're something like a king?" I inquired and he nodded."Yes, something like that and do you know who the king needs always beside him?" he told me."An advisor?" I replied and he chuckled."Yes, I need an advisor but I already have that...Think about it." someone that a king always needs next to him, a king needs many people...Then it hit me and I looked at him terrified."He needs a queen." Jason smiled sweetly at me."Or in our case a luna. You are my luna." he explained."Ok, listen, I can't rule people and I don't want anyone to die." I had to clear that out."Yes, you can and if you practice your magic I'm pretty sure that no one has to die." I bit my lip.
"I understand that it's a lot to take in now...So, I'll give you a little time to get used to it." he kissed my exposed shoulder."Don't kiss me!" I smacked him."Oh, come on you know you want me to." he laughed."That's a totally different thing Moonstone. Keep it in your pants." I told him."It's always in my pants little one. If it was actually out of them you would notice, believe me." he mocked me."I've seen you without pants, I didn't notice anything special." I scoffed."Hey! That was mean! We're talking about my manhood here." he whined and I looked at him with a bored expression."Nobody gives a shit about your manhood." I smirked. I loved teasing him."You give a shit and I know it." he kissed my cheek."Stop kissing me already." I protested."I don't want to." he shrugged."Besides, I didn't kiss you on the lips which means that I'm not cheating, so relax, Karma." I sighed defeated. He was way too cute for me to keep fighting him.
"So, I'm really sorry that this had to happen today. I ruined your prom." he apologized."Don't worry it's fine. We had to talk anyway." I shrugged."Well, I say that we should make this night a little better, don't you think?" he asked mischievously."I ain't sleeping with you." he laughed at my response.
"Get out of the car Karma." he said. "Why?" I wondered."Just do it." he responded and I did as he said. He put a cd in the car's cd player and walked out of the car too. After a few seconds, a slow song started playing from the car and I giggled."You're not serious." I said and he smiled." Oh, I am and here's the best part. That song Is the soundtrack from Beauty and the Beast." he was out of his mind. "I ain't dancing that." I giggled."Oh, yes you are." he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him."That's officially our song." he stated."I don't agree with that." I told him."Stop whining little one and enjoy the moment." he said staring into my eyes.
I honestly wanted to keep fighting him, I wanted to keep whining and pretend that I wasn't having fun with him but how could I when he stared at me like that? I really don't want to give in but it's like I don't have any power to fight. "I'm so glad that I talked to you." he confessed."Yeah, everything it's much clearer now." I agreed with him. "I think that trying to break our bond was the biggest mistake I've ever done. Even if it was a success, I would never not once in my life experience all these beautiful feelings that I have because of you." his hands had a firm grip on my waist that was lighting my body on fire.
"Do you mind telling me more about your feelings?" he smiled sweetly at me and I bit my lip."Shit, don't do that. Please don't bite your lip." the way he said it just made me want to bite it more."Why?" I whispered."The truth?" he asked cocking his brow and I nodded. "Because it's really sexy and it makes want to kiss you so bad. I'm trying my hardest not to make a move on you. I want to prove that I respect you so please don't make this any harder on me, little one. It's already hard enough." my cheeks were on fire."If I kiss you on the cheek will you jump on me?" I said shyly."Try and find out." he was practically daring me to kiss him on the cheek."Fine but this is a friendly peck on the cheek." he nodded understanding and I kissed his cheek.
"I have a question." I said and sat on the hood of his car."Shoot." he told me."You said that when you meet your mate you get closer to your wolf. Is your wolf talking to you right now or something?" I inquired."My wolf talks to me whenever he sees you." he answered."What does he say to you?" he laughed at that."Usually the same stuff every fucking time. He encourages me to mark you and do other nasty stuff to your beautiful, little, body that I don't want to discuss with now because you'll freak out and stop talking to me." he flashed me an innocent smile. I would never say that to him but I kind off wanted to hear about these nasty things.
"What do you mean mark me? I've heard Leo mentioning it before but he never explained what it meant. He told me that I should ask you." I said and he took a deep breath. "When wolfs find their mates at some point they bite them and claim them as theirs. For example, if my fangs pierced your beautiful skin every werewolf or creature with a good sense of smell will be able to realize

to who you belong too." he explained."It sounds painful." I sighed."It isn't as painful as it sounds and it's sexy." he shrugged."Sexy?" I cocked my brow. "I don't know the idea that I'm claiming you, making you mine it just turns me on. Besides mates tend to like it." he wiggled his brows and a smile that I really wanted to kiss appeared on his face.
"You're a weird motherfucker do you know that?" I asked him and he broke into laughter." Like you're normal, miss I'll burn you alive." I punched his shoulder."Hey! That was your fault, you almost choked Leo." I protested."Karma, Leo can't be choked he is a fucking vampire. I wasn't actually going to kill him." he said and pinched my cheek."Please don't you ever try to kill my best friend." I told him and he rolled his eyes."If you're just friends his safe." he answered and I smiled relieved.

***

Above you can see a picture of Jason.