26.Two Normal Couples

Karma
I stared at Jason who fixed his hair in the mirror. We would go for dinner in a couple of minutes, it was the second time that I was going to eat a meal with a lot of pack members. Thankfully, Leo was going to be there too. I noticed that the werewolves eyed him suspiciously at first but then they got used to him since he was sleeping at the pack's house for two days. He didn't want to return home to his sister, he told me he wasn't ready to face her yet, he didn't know what to tell her. I don't blame him I wouldn't know what to tell her either.
That day Jason insisted that I would eat with them once again so that I would slowly get used to the fact that these were my people. I was kind scared though because everything was moving way too fast for me."Come on, little one. Let's go downstairs." I smiled and got up from his bed."Have you got any news from Serena's dad?" it was like the third time I asked him that that day."If I had any news, you would be the first person to know Karma, I swear that." he assured me and we started to head downstairs. Today Jason's mom was going to be there too and I was quite happy about that, I really like that woman.
The first thing we saw when we stepped our foot downstairs was Stacy, an eight-year-old werewolf or a pup as Jason called them running all around the living room yelling that Leo promised to marry her. I cocked my brow approaching my best friend who was sitting on a couch, indian style, scrolling through his phone."You promised to Stacy that you're going to marry her?" Jason cocked his brow at the vampire."She said that she fell in love with me from the moment she saw me. I was touched and wanted to make her happy. It worked." leo shrugged."I think it's cute." I giggled.
"I hope her that her dad won't find out that his little girl has a thing for vampires. He is a warrior and gets angry really easily." Leo snorted. "Calm your tits, Jason. I won't marry her for real, besides she is going to forget it sooner or later." the vampire pointed out. "What if she doesn't?" my boyfriend asked panicked. Both I and Leo glared at him."She is a child, Moonstone, she is not actually in love with me. She will forget it." my friend sighed.
"Karma." Jason's mother said cheerfully."Mrs. Moonstone, it's so nice to see you." I smiled at her."Please as I've said before, call me Alexa. The dinner is ready, kids." she motioned us to follow her to the dinner table.I was sitting between Leo and Jason when Alexa called for the rest of the pack to come. People started to come out of every corner of the enormous house and soon enough the table was filled. Of course, there were more werewolves around there but Jason told me that they don't change back, they always stay in their wolf form by choice.
"So, Karma how does it feel now that you're part of our huge family?" Alexa asked and I took a deep breath."It feels different, so different. You know all my life it was just me and my parents and now, suddenly being with all these people feels, I don't know, foreign I guess. I have to admit though, I envy the love that you have for one another and I promise you that'll do my best become a part of your pack. I want the best for everyone." Alexa's eyes which had the same, unique beautiful color as Jason's sparkled."Of that, I'm sure my child." she sounded so sincere.
"All you need Karma is time, soon enough nothing about us will be foreign to you. I can also ensure you that everybody in this table worships you. Soon you and Jason will be their leaders." I took a sip out of my glass of water."I don't want to be worshiped. I just want to be a part of all this. I'm no god, I just want what's best for Jason and if that's what's best for him then so be it. I'll help him lead but I don't want anyone to worship me, I don't want anyone to call me with a certain title or to bow before me. Leaders shouldn't be worshiped, I want every one of my actions to be judged, I don't want people to do as I say at all times, I want to know what your people think about my actions, that's the only way I could actually lead them." I explained.
"Isn't she lovely?" Alexa asked the rest of the table and I blushed. That was when I noticed that everyone was looking at me smiling. "You're amazing." Jason whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek tenderly. Leo on the other hand just winked at me."We're so lucky that you're our future alpha's mate." a man said."You've already stolen their hearts clumsy one." the vampire smirked at me, I just rolled my eyes at him."I'm proud of you, my friend." he sounded more serious now and a huge grin appeared on my lips."I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you." I was honest with his help I was sitting in that table."I'm glad that I was of use to you, your highness." I giggled and turned my head to look at Jason who was having a conversation with his mom.
I didn't want this war to happen. I didn't want this beautiful picture in front of me to be destroyed. Everything in this life has a price and it was time for me and Jason to pay the price of our relationship and hell, I wasn't sure if I had the stomach to pay a price like that. Jason said it himself, I am no killer and I attack only if I believe that it is absolutely necessary so, how was I supposed to go at war? Everyone said that I was their secret weapon but I didn't feel like a weapon at all. I'm against violence, always had been and what I'm even more against is war. Everyone was going to be so disappointed because when the time was going to come, I knew for a fact that I wouldn't be able to kill a fly.
"My moon, what are you thinking about?" Jason asked and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear."Nothing." he cocked his brow not believing me."I don't want to talk about it right now so, can we do this later?" the young werewolf nodded understanding. "Yes, my moon, we can." I smiled at him and he kissed my cheek.
The doorbell rang and everyone looked towards the door. "Are you expecting someone?" Jason asked his mother."I was going to ask you the same thing." his mother responded. "I guess it's not someone from our pack." Jason stated."Do you think they would come here?" I was referring to Serena's father and his pack."They don't know that we have a house here. It's supposed to be hidden, so, If it's actually them then we're in a lot of trouble. " Jason run a hand through his hair frustrated. "Oh god..." I muttered."Relax kids, if there was a war no one would ring our doorbell." Alexa placed a hand on her son's firm shoulder."I'll go open the door." she got up from the table and opened the door. I couldn't see who it was but I could hear perfectly so, I just hoped that I wouldn't listen Alexa scream or something.
"Um, how can I help you?" Jason's mother sounded confused."Where is he?" a familiar voice spat."Where is who, sweetheart?" Alexa wondered."Oh, shit." Leo whispered."Come on out wherever you are... Or I'm coming in..." the girl said in a very threatening tone."Who are you looking for?" Alexa asked."I'm going to cut your balls off." the girl growled."I'm fucked." Leo said mostly to himself.
"Listen, girl, I don't know what's going on but you can't just come here and..." Alexa suddenly stopped talking."Step aside woman and I won't harm you. You're aware what a gun like that can do to a werewolf." the color drained from my face. I heard heels clicking and I could see Jason's whose eyes were yellow and his fangs were out ready to rip into shreds the girl with the familiar voice that Leo seemed to know. After a few seconds, Sydney appeared in front of us holding a small gun on her hand which had a weird symbol carved on it. She locked eyes with Leo and walked fast towards him.
"Syd..." the blonde vampire said softly. The girl with the black hair slapped him in the face as hard as she could. "You should be ashamed." her voice was full of venom." Syd... It's not like that." she slapped him again even harder this time." Stop trying to create excuses for yourself because I'm going to shoot you." she warned him."I didn't leave you." he told her."I don't believe you. You're disgusting, do you know that? Why did you have to kiss me if you would run right after that?" Leo sighed."I didn't run because we made out, Syd." Jason rubbed his temples."Great, now here is not just your stupid vampire friend but also his insane girlfriend." he muttered.
"What is wrong with you? You confuse me, Leo..." she whined."You can't kiss me and then vanish." The vampire snorted."I've told you something before but you don't seem to understand. I can't and won't ever be your boyfriend, it just can't happen, Syd. I'm immortal and I drink human blood why can't you see that a girl like you can't be with a creature like me? We have no future together. I don't want to ruin your life, Syd." Leo said as sternly as he could manage.
"How did she even managed to find that place?" I asked Jason."I've placed a tracker on Leo's phone." instead of Jason the she-devil replied. "You did what?" Leo looked at her like she had grown another head."I knew that at some point you would try to run away from me, I had to think of something and placing a tracker on your phone, well, It was the best idea I could come up with." she shrugged."It wasn't a good idea, It was an awful idea. I need to buy a new phone now." Leo snapped at her.
"No, you can't buy a new phone!" Leo glared at her."Watch me! You're batshit crazy..." he pinched the bridge of his perfect nose. "What do I have to do to make understand that I care..." Leo shook his head at the girl who was on the verge of tears."What you don't understand is that I don't want you to care." she took a step closer to him and looked straight into his eyes."You're lying. I know you are don't you dare deny it. I don't care that you're not human, I don't care... You're kind and at the end of the day, that's what matters. You helped me when no one else did, Leo... So, please don't ask me to pretend that nothing is going on between us. I will do anything you ask, I'll turn if I have to." Leo grabbed her face and looked sternly into her eyes.
"Listen to me and listen good, you'll never mention turning ever again. It's out of question, I'll make sure such thing never happens to you." he stated."But what if I want it to happen? What if I want to be with you forever?" Leo tried not to snap at her again. "I'm not worth it, Syd. I won't let you do this to yourself for nothing." he told her softly."But you are..." tears rolled down the pretty girls cheeks."No, you don't understand..." she might not understand but I did."It might be better that you don't actually." he laughed sadly. Unfortunately for both of them, Leo was madly in love with a woman that was going to get married soon.
"I love you." the girl whispered. Everybody in the room had their eyes glued on them."I know, Syd but... I can't promise you all the things that you deserve and I..." Sydney pressed her lips firmly against his." I don't care, Leo, to be honest, I don't even know what I deserve, I know I want you though. So, if there is a possibility, even one in a million that we can be together I want to try it." Leo seemed lost. "You like me, don't you? As a girl, I mean." she asked him and Leo nodded."Then we might be able to make it work, Leo." she had hope in her dark chocolate eyes."Fine but don't blame me if this doesn't work out, Syd." the girl nodded smiling and everyone in the room started clapping.
"I love you." she said louder this time and Leo rolled his eyes playfully."You're batshit crazy but in a cute way." he smiled at her."Congratulations guys." I told them." We should celebrate!" Sydney exclaimed. "Celebrate how?" Jason cocked his brow."Let's go clubbing!" Sydney suggested."No fucking way." I laughed at Jason's response. "Sydney, we're at war, we can't go clubbing like nothing is happening." I explained."The war hasn't begun yet, that's why we need to have fun as more as we can. There is a possibility that one of us will die at this war. Let's have fun while we still can." she suggested. I frowned. What if something happened to Jason or Leo? How was I going to handle that? How was I going to cope?
"I need some fresh air." I said as calmly as I could and left the huge mansion quickly. Of course, Jason followed me."My moon." he walked faster to catch up with me."I'm fine don't worry, I just... I'm scared, Moonstone." I confessed."Everyone is, Karma. I'm terrified of losing you." he admitted."Promise me that you're going to be fine." he sighed."I can't promise you that... I can promise you though that there will be a lot of people protecting me and that I am very well trained. I'm almost invincible." he intertwined our fingers."I don't want to lose anyone." I started to take deep breaths to calm myself."It's going to be ok. I have a good feeling." he smiled at me."I love you, please don't leave me and make sure Leo is going to be fine." the young werewolf chuckled."The vampire is going to be fine. We are all going to be fine." he ruffled my hair.
"Jason, what if I can't fight?" I bit my lip."What do you mean?" I sighed. "You know me, you know that I can't hurt a fly... What if I can't fight them?" he cupped my cheeks with his hands. "Then I will order everyone to protect you." I shook my head." No, if everyone protects me, how are they going to protect themselves?" Jason rolled his beautiful eyes."You're their luna, Karma. They'll protect you at all costs. It's in their nature." I don't want to be protected."Well, I don't want anyone to treat me like I'm a weakling." he chuckled." You're stronger than all of us, my moon." he told me. "If that's true then I'm the one who is supposed to protect you." he nodded. "You're still young though, you're learning." he pointed out.
"It doesn't matter, Moonstone. This is our war. Mine and yours, it's all our fault so, I have to fight and I have to protect everyone and if I don't then I'll never forgive myself. You trusted me with your pack so, now I have to make sure that they are going to be alright when all this madness is over." he just stared at me smiling like an idiot."You'll be the greatest luna in our packs history, I can tell." I rolled my eyes. "Jason, I'm glad you think so highly of me but we're in great danger and I don't know how to handle it." it was his turn now to roll his eyes." We'll be fine. Relax, you'll do great." he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.
While we were having this conversation an idea popped into my head." Do you think there is any possibility we'll still be able to stop this?" I questioned."My moon, we tried and it just didn't work out." he responded. I bit my lip thinking."What if you tried to talk to her while we're at the battle?" I suggested. "Um, I don't think she'll listen, baby..." he smiled sadly at me." She might, you have to try, Jason. She is going to be a luna one day, a queen, Isn't she?" I asked him."Yes, she is." he replied. " Then you need to reason with her, her people are going to fight for no reason. Serena is not a bad person." I stated."I know she isn't, Karma. Her father is though and he might not let me talk to her." he explained. "We have to give it a try though, make her snap from her father's spell." Jason sighed defeated and nodded in agreement.
After that, we headed inside to find Leo fighting once again with Sydney while everyone is watching them."You're unbelievable!" he exploded. "You can't boss me around, Leonardo." He glared at her. " How many times do I have to tell you, stupid girl, not to call me that!" he roared."What's your fucking problem?" she sounded hurt. My boyfriend buried his face in his hands. "What is it? What happened this time?" both their heads snapped towards Jason." She wants to fight with us in the war." Leo informed him and Jason broke into laughter."Out of the question." he declared." But I know how to shoot guns. I can help." I shook my head violently.
"Sydney, we don't want to kill anyone, guns are lethal..." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Then what kind of war is this, If you can't kill?" Jason sighed. "I won't risk my people's lives nor I'll kill anyone because Simons is insane." Jason explained. " So, thanks for the offer but we don't need you." Leo said smiling.
Sydney approached him and cupped his angelic face with her small hands." If something happens to you, I'll die out of sadness." Leo sighed." Syd, I'm afraid that if something doesn't happen to me I'll be the one dying..." I glared at the blonde vampire."You and I had a conversation the other day!" I yelled at him. "Yeah, we did but It's killing me, Karma." I rolled my eyes at him."You have everything to live for. Now, let's go to the fucking club and party." I didn't want to stay there. The atmosphere was way too sad for my liking.
"Karma, did he just said that he wants to die?" Sydney was panicking."Well, he is out of his mind lately." I shrugged. "What the fuck? Why?"apparently, she had no idea that her new boyfriend was ready to slice his veins for another woman. "It's just a phase, Sydney." it wasn't, it was the result of one hundred years of suffering. "Let's go and party, I'm sure that by the end of the night he will change his mind." I smirked and she sighed defeated.
"So, Sydney I need your help because I didn't bring any dresses here." she smiled widely." I have the perfect dress for you!" she squealed." Go get ready boys!" I smiled at them and went upstairs with my crazy friend. She searched threw her enormous suitcase and handed me a bright red, short, tight dress. "Um..." I tried to protest about how revealing it was but she interrupted me."Shut up and wear it!" she ordered. I did as she said and to be honest, I liked that dress on me.
"See? It's gorgeous!" she grinned and then we fixed our hair and did our make-up. Exactly an hour later we went downstairs to meet the boys who were playing some kind of game on Jason's phone. Leo's eyes fell on us."Hello, ladies." Leo beamed and Sydney blushed, they were quite cute truth to be told. Jason looked at me and gave me an amazing smile."You're beautiful." he said as I approached him. " Thank you." I pecked his lips.
Just like that we left for the club, it was nice, we had fun. For a few hours, we were two normal couples. Jason was glaring at every boy whose eyes fell on me and Sydney was doing the same to every girl that dared to look at her boyfriend. Whenever that happened I and Leo exchanged uncomfortable looks. We were laughing all the time though and I loved dancing with Jason who looked so handsome that night. For a few hours I forgot about the war and it was nice, so nice.

***

Well, hello there, after a couple of months. I'll try and be more consistent from now on. This is just a filler chapter, not anything special, but I love the cute moment between Stacy and Leo. We never see Stacy in the story again, but it was adorable.

Above you guys can see Jason looking extremely hot. Right below you can see my baby, Karma. She is wearing a wig but she still is Karma.

 She is wearing a wig but she still is Karma