23. The Truth

Karma
Leo walked beside me and tried to calm me down."Karma please listen to me..." he placed a hand ton my shoulder."I can't do this...I can't." I ran a hand through my hair."Karma, of course, you can. Just calm down, clumsy one." I wasn't convinced at all. "Calm down? How can I calm down, Leo? " I snapped at him."You're overreacting." he sighed."And you're annoying me." he just cocked his brow."If you don't calm down, I'll tell Jason you're overreacting." he folded his hands under his chest."Are you threatening me?" I questioned."I am warning you. So calm your tits, little witch. You're just meeting his parents. They'll love you for sure because you're adorable so, you don't have a reason to worry. Everything is going to be just fine."He assured me and I sighed.
"They'll hate me Leo." he glared at me."Don't look at me like that, I'm the reason that their pack might go to war." I explained. "Listen to me, Karma. All this mess is Jason's and Serena's fault. They practically lied, they weren't mates, they were in love, deep inside they knew they weren't meant to be together forever. From what I know from Natalie both of them did not believe all the stuff everybody told them about the bond, actually, I remember Serena saying that most of that stuff ware fairytales they told to their parents, you know stuff like their wolves talking to them and having insane urges. They lied to be together and now they are paying for their lies. It's not your fault." he said sincerely. "I could have said no to him. I could have handled it better." he rolled his eyes.
"Stop blaming yourself. You handled it perfect. It was destined, you can't stay away from him and he can't stay away from you either. It's fate. Whatever happens, in the end, you'll be together. " Leo insisted."I don't them to hate me." he chuckled."They won't. Let's go find your boyfriend. My phone was buzzing before, he is looking for us." even though I was terrified I had to go, I had to be there for Jason.
We went to the parking lot and I saw Jason waiting for me, sitting on the hood of his car. I hugged Leo, said goodbye to him and headed towards the boy who looked worried."Hey." I tried to sound calm."I've been waiting for you for twenty minutes. Where have you been? Did something happen?" he asked anxiously and I shook my head."No, I'm fine." he didn't seem to believe me."Did you change your mind? You don't want to meet my parents?" I shook my head again."It's not that." I said rather quickly. It was true that wasn't my problem."You changed your mind about us?" he sounded terrified."Jason, relax of course I didn't change my mind about us. I love you. I really want to meet your parents too. So don't freak out." he sighed relieved.
"So, what's the problem? Because I know that something is wrong." he wondered."I'm just scared that your parents will hate me." I buried my face in my hands."How can anyone possibly hate you? My moon looks at me..." he said softly. I looked at him and he smiled."They'll love you, I swear they will, the pack will also love you. You'll become a great luna." he smiled at me.
"I don't think I'll be able to do what you're asking me to do." he chuckled. "Of course you are." He kissed my nose."Don't do that here, we're in school someone might see." I scolded him."I can't resist you when you're looking at me like that. It's your fault." He pouted and I bit my lip."Stop it or I'll pinch your cheeks, Moonstone." he rolled his eyes.

Jason
"I think it's time to go." I announced and I could see that my beautiful mate started to get anxious again."Baby, listen to me. It's going to be fine." I assured her. If someone had to be scared that was me, everything was my fault. I wouldn't let anyone blame my moon for my mistakes." I looked at her straight in the eyes. "What if it's not." I could see the fear in her eyes and my wolf whined."Listen to me and listen good, I'll let no one blame you Karma, no one. It's my fault, we both know it. We'll fix everything though. I know we will." she nodded taking a deep breath.
"Let's go, baby." I took her hand and led her to my car."We can do this." she said mostly to herself. "As long as you're next to me, I can do anything, Karma." that made her beautiful smile widen.
"So, what's the plan?" she wondered."I'll talk to them first when we're done talking you'll undo Celeste's spell and introduce yourself. Do you remember how to do that?" I replied."Yeah, I have the words with me." She showed me the piece of paper that had the spell written on it."Perfect. If my father tries to kill me please don't choke him with your root, don't set him on fire and don't freeze him." she rolled her eyes."I can't freeze anyone, the only thing I can freeze is water. Besides I can't guarantee you that I won't attack him, I know myself and I know that if anyone tried to harm you, I would protect you and I wouldn't care who that person was to you. It's my instinct to do so." she sounded deadly serious.
It was hard for me to believe her though, she is always so kind, so thoughtful, so gentle. It's hard for me to believe that she would actually harm anyone. Then again, she threw a fireball at me once and it was pretty close to my face, way too close for my liking. I deserved it though. "I would do the same and you know that." I kissed her cheek. "Don't do stuff like that when you're driving!" she glared at me."Relax, my moon relax. I am a werewolf, I have everything under control." she rolled her eyes playfully and I parked in front of my house."We're here." I told her and I kiss her on the lips because I needed the courage to go inside. Her heartbeat quickened. I could smell her fear.
"You know, my parents are not the monsters you imagine them to be." she smacked me."I don't think badly about your parents, I just want to make a good impression. They are important to me because they are important to you. " I bit my lip."I love you." It was true, I was insane about her." I know, Moonstone. Let's do this." she pecked my lips and she got out of my car."Let's do this." I said mostly to myself and followed her.
"So, I'll go inside and talked to them. Stay here." she nodded and I went into the house. My mother was in the kitchen cooking and singing. "Jason." she smiled."Mom." I told her."You'll have to wait for a few more minutes, honey, the food isn't ready." I sighed. " Mom, we have to talk. Where's dad?" I asked and to my response, dad came inside the kitchen."Right here, son, right here." I took a deep breath preparing myself.
"We have to talk about something right now. It's really important." I announced." Is it about the spree? You know that whenever you and Serena are ready we can introduce her to the pack." I laughed nervously. "Well, about that, it's kind of a funny story but there will be no spree." I bit my lip."Don't tell me that her father doesn't allow her to marry you, because that man has already done enough. I won't let him ruin my children, you know that I love both of you. Serena is part of the family now." I wanted to facepalm."Of course, she is, I love the girl very much..." I wanted to start explaining the situation but my father interrupted me."Of course, you do, she is your mate." he said.
"She isn't." I announced. It wasn't the best way to tell them but I had to tell them somehow."Honey, what are you talking about?" my mother thought I was joking."I'm trying to tell you that I've made a huge mistake." both of them looked at me with a puzzled look."I and Serena lied to you. We told you that we were mates even if we didn't have any proof. My wolf never talked to me, I never had any urges to mark her, I didn' feel anything about her when I met her, I just thought she was pretty." my father growled."Jason, what the hell? Are you insane? Why would you lie, both of you?" he barked."Because we fell in love and it was amazing while it lasted dad, I swear but I am not in love with her anymore." the man looked sternly at me.
"Listen to me, pup. You made this mess! Now there is no turning back. You wanted to marry her and now you will. You know her father, he'll start a war." he told me."You can't force him, Steven." my mother said softly."He lied, he tricked us, he and the girl need to face the consequences now." he stated."That can't happen. I made a decision, I'm going at war." my father rubbed his temples."Are you insane? Are you out of your mind? You think I'll let you go to war because you think, you want to break up with your girlfriend?" he questioned.
"I'm going to war because I met my mate." my parents once again looked at me confused."What?" my father spat."While I was dating Serena, I met a girl. There was something about her, I couldn't understand what was happening at the beginning but soon a voice inside my head told me that it was her. I tried to stay away, dad, I swear, I even hired witches to break the bond but in the end, I couldn't do it." I hoped that they would forgive me for my mistakes.
"How am I supposed to know that you're not lying again?" my father asked."Wait a minute, you'll see for yourself." I headed towards the door, I opened it and saw my moon pacing back and forth nervously."Baby, calm down." she looked at me and stopped pacing."I'm trying..." she licked her juicy lips."My moon, undo the spell it's time." she took a deep breath and did as I said. When she was done my eyes rolled back, her scent mixed with mine made my eyes yellow for a brief moment.
"Fuck..." I muttered."Are you alright?" she asked me taking a hold of my hand."You smell so nice..." she giggled and nuzzled into my chest."Are you ready?" I questioned trying to compose myself at the same time."As ready as I'll ever be." I nodded."Come on baby, we have to go inside." I kissed the top of her head.
We headed inside the house holding hands and my parents and looked at us surprised. Both of them sniffed the air and my Karma held my hand tighter."Such a pretty girl..." my mom muttered."Come closer, sweetheart. Come here." she told her. My mate approached my mother looking scared."Look at her, Steven, look at her." my mother was ecstatic about her. I smiled widely even though I could smell Karma's fear. Soon, that fear would be gone."Don't be scared, my child. What's your name?" my mother wondered."Karma." my mother gave her a heartwarming smile.
"She'll be loved, way more loved than Serena would ever be." my mother pointed out. It was true, Serena wouldn't be loved, she was the enemy's daughter. She would be a great luna but she would just be respected, not loved. Karma, on the other hand, would be adored. My mother hugged my mate who was pretty surprised by the woman's sweet gesture."I'm Alexa, it's nice to meet you, Karma." Karma's fear started to subside."That grumpy man over there, is Steven, my husband, Jason's dad and alpha of the Moonstone pack." my mother explained to the girl who nodded."It's nice to meet you girl, even under these circumstances." my father extended his hand.
"I'm sorry for all the inconvenience, you can't imagine how sorry I am." Karma muttered."I've told you one million times, It's my fault, not yours." I placed my hand on her back."I helped you create this mess." she looked at me straight in the eye and for one second I thought I was going to collapse. Her beautiful blue eyes are going to be the death of me I swear. "To be fair, if Jason didn't lie to us, we wouldn't be in this position, so It's not your fault, girl." my father smiled at her.
"Do you smell that?" I asked and my mother's eyes widened."The food!" she squeaked and then turned around to see that the pot which was on the stove was on fire. Before anyone had a chance to do anything, Karma took the water from a plant that my mother had close to the window and put out the fire. The plant turned brown, it was practically dead if anyone touched its leaves they would turn into dust.
"Filthy witch!" my father growled and took a threatening step towards my terrified mate."Watch your tongue." spat my eyes turning from hazel to a shining yellow. 'He scared out mate.' my inner wolf told me. He was pissed."Don't you talk like that to your alpha, pup." his tone was threatening."Calm down, boys." my mother ordered."You brought that thing into our pack." my father was outraged. I grabbed Karma by the waist pulling her closer to me until her back collided with my chest."You're scaring our mate." the wolf inside of me told him."She is a monster." my father replied.
"I swear, I am no monster, no black witch, I've never hurt anyone. Please... calm down both of you. I will fix your plant. I'm pretty sure I can do it. Please just believe me." Karma's voice was breaking. "What are you then?" my father questioned."A nature witch." she answered."No way..." my father's eyes widened to the size of the moon."It's true, my father was a witch and I am a witch too." my mate relaxed a little."Let me show you." Karma got out of my grip and went closer to the dead plant. She touched its leaves and instead of breaking into tiny pieces the dark brown leaves turned green again."Impossible..." my father whispered."She is one of the kind, a true miracle." I went closer to her and I felt way calmer than before.
"I've never seen anything like it. I thought you were extinct. How is this possible?" my mother wondered. Karma took a deep breath, it was a touching matter to her. "My father hid his true identity. My friend, Leo said that he probably changed our surname but in the end, they discovered him and murdered him. It's kind of a miracle that I am alive." she shrugged but I knew how hard was for her to talk about that.
"How powerful are you?" My father was curious. He approached her examining her face."I don't know, it's not like I can compare myself to anyone. I suppose that I am the strongest witch alive." Karma explained."Our new luna is the strongest witch alive." my father said mostly to himself.
"If we go to war she is our biggest advantage." I stated and Karma glared at me."You said that they'll be no war." she glared daggers at me."Karma, we'll talk to her, we'll probably convince her that what we did isn't bad enough to start a war over it. The thing is that her dad might not take it lightly." I placed my hand to the small of her back trying to calm her down because I could see how uneasy she was."If it comes to that, I don't know if we can be together Moonstone." everytime I heard that I could feel my heart breaking a little bit.
"Karma..." my mother said softly and Karma's eyes fell on her. "It's fate, you can't control fate. I understand that you didn't grow up to believe such things but it's true and if abandon Jason he will always be miserable. Our pack will support you, they understand how important you are to the next alpha. When the right time comes you and Jason will lead them. To be honest, I want you to lead them. I like you, you're kind and responsible." she smiled sweetly and Karma's face lit up. I chuckled at the sight."She is the perfect luna, don't you agree?" she asked my father who nodded.
"I'll try my best not to disappoint you but first we have to make sure that no one will get hurt. I can let people die because of my relationship with Jason." I was so proud of her. "And you said that you won't become a good luna. You know a good leader must be selfless and you are way more selfless than I'll ever be. I'm glad you'll lead by my side." Karma stared intensely at me, she didn't seem to believe me. "They'll fight gladly for her." my mother pointed out."Of course, they will, except for their new luna she is the last of her kind." I knew my people and they were going to love her.
"I'll call Nathan. I'll tell him the news. No matter what as soon as you'll tell Serena you leave for the mountains. You'll stay there for a few days even if there is no war. You'll introduce her to the pack and when all this mess is done we'll do a huge spree to celebrate it." I nodded, he was right, he had to go just to be sure.
"We have to talk to your mom. I know that she probably tell you that we're insane but we have to explain to her why we will be gone." Karma bit her lip."We'll convince her don't worry. Tomorrow morning you won't go to school. Nobody can smell your scent yet." I instructed."Yeah, I know. I'll talk to my mom but I don't know how she'll take it." she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear."I believe in you you'll convince her. In the evening, we'll talk to Serena. I'll talk to her first and then you'll appear after I've explained everything to her. If we want her to be on our side we have to tell her the right way." I explained."Ok, sounds good." Karma agreed.
"Honey, I'll cook something else why don't you stay for dinner with us?" my mother asked and Karma smiled."That's so kind of you, thank you so much." my mate said and we went to sit in the living room. It was such a nice day.

***

Above is a picture of Leo and right below a picture of Jason just in case you forgot how handsome my boys are since I haven't uploaded in a while.

I also want to mention something real quick. I know that this is a kind of hard to read book and I apologize, but I wrote it when I was sixteen and edited it not long after. I still love the characters, I still kind of like the plot but I realize that the writing style has a lot of issues. Thanks for making it this far.