2. Beautiful eyes

Karma

It was one of these days that I had to wake up really early to finish an assignment, a history assignment to be exact. While I was walking to school, I was reading it to be sure that it didn't have any mistakes. "I hope it's not bad." I whispered to myself. I remember myself tripping but before I could touch the ground someone grabbed me."You're a little clumsy aren't you?"Leo's laugh echoed through the school's hallway. "And you have really good reflexes." It was meant to be a comeback but it sounded like a compliment."Well, it's one of my many talents." he said proudly.
"Just so that you know I'm not clumsy, I was just distracted." I defended myself in an attempt to seem less lame."You see Leo, this is the first project that I'm doing in this school and I want it to be perfect." I explained further."Oh, so I guess you're a straight-A student."Leo bit his lip thinking."I'm not. It's just that this is a new beginning for me and I want everything to be perfect." I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear."You still look like a straight-A student to me. You're not from around here are you?"Leo questioned. "Actually, I'm not. I and my mom moved here just a month ago. We waited for a while until I adapted and then I started school." I shrugged
"I figured it out because if you were from around here I would have noticed you." he flashed me hypnotizing smile. His eyes looked amazing when he smiled. Actually, they looked amazing in general."And why is that, Leo?" I felt like I was walking on air, a boy was flirting with me and in my own weird way I flirted back."It's hard not to notice you. I mean those big pretty eyes are really hard to miss." that quote would place a huge smile on every girl's lips before I could respond to him though, my phone buzzed.
"Excuse me for a second, it's my mom." he grinned and nodded."Hey mom, I got to school on time." I reassured her."Thank god, I was worried that you weren't going to make it. I'm sorry I couldn't drive to school baby." my mother apologized."It's fine mom, relax." she sighed relieved."I love you, baby. Have a nice day." I smiled at her but she couldn't see it. "I love you too, mom." we hanged up.
Leo was just staring at me with his eyes and mouth wide open."What?" I asked him."Is that a Pokemon on your phone case?" he was ecstatic."Yes, it's Bulbasaur. It was my dad's favorite Pokemon." he furrowed his brows."Um, I really like Pokemon too." he pretended to ignore what I said about my dad. I knew he heard it though and something tells me that he understood, he just didn't want to upset me or make feel uncomfortable. He wasn't just really attractive, he was really smart too and kind of nice.
My problem was that in reality, the thing that Sydney said about him was kind of true. Since the day we first talked he caught my eye, I mean how can he not? He looked like he got out from a Disney princess movie, he might be prince charming for all I know. So, after we returned from the bathroom and went back to our lunch table, I spotted him talking to many different girls. Also, the way he talks to me and how he effortlessly cool he looks when he talks to all these girls suggests that he is used to it. I didn't mind it though, he still fascinated me and he was fun to be around."Which Pokemon is your favorite?" I asked and he chuckled."Pikachu of course." he responded like I was supposed to know it."You're a cliche." I snorted.
"So, how do you like our school so far Karma?"He inquired while I was opening my locker to take out my biology book and leave my history book and project inside."It's nice, I guess but I'm not used to be around so many people." I admitted."You're doing fine." he shrugged."My social skills suck, Leo." I giggled."Your social skills are fine. We've been chatting for like more than ten minutes and you seem really cool to me." he mentioned and I realized that I was actually really relaxed while I was talking to him."I think that's because of you. You're just so easy to talk to." I actually believed that"Wow, Karma that's such a nice compliment. Thank you." he had a wide grin plastered on his face."You're welcome I guess. Can I ask you a question?" I said.

"If I answer you will you answer my question?" he smirked."I guess." I said shyly."Then ask me." he motioned me to continue."How can I get to the cafeteria from here?" he rolled his eyes playfully. "It's pretty easy. You will walk until the end of the hallway and then turn right into another hallway you'll keep walking until you reach its end and then you will turn left." I felt a little embarrassed because of my lack of orientation."It's actually that easy huh? The girls showed me yesterday but I forgot." he chuckled."It's ok Karma. Now, will you answer me a question?" I nodded.