Chapter 4

I walk into first period. Great. Math. Why does school exist again? Oh, wait, I don't really give a crap. I sit down at the back right corner of the room. That's always my go-to spot. I call it the paranoid seat, mainly because it is the one seat where I can see everything happening in the classroom. Suddenly, I hear an annoying, high pitched voice coming from behind me.
"Yeah um excuse me?" She says rudely, her eyes like daggers looking right through me.
"Can I help you?" I look at her, mimicking her tone.
"Uh, how about you get out of my seat?" She puts her hand on her hip and watches me, waiting for something to happen.
I look back at my math book, pretending I didn't hear her. I waited, still looking away, but I still felt her presence beside me.
"Oh, I'm sorry, were you talking to me?" I look up at her "Well then in that case... No" I smiled and went back to pretending to be interested in the work on the board.
"Whatever." She rolls her eyes and walks to the only other empty seat in the class. I glance up to look at the time. Uhg. There are still 20 minutes left in class and I already finished whatever the teacher-I think his name is Mr. Dell- assigned us for the day. I got up and asked him if I could go to the bathroom. He just nodded, not even lifting his head or acknowledging my presence. I walked out of the class and into the hallway. Finally escaping the hellhole that is math. Unsure of where to go, I turned right and started walking. I turned left and slipped on something lying in the hallway. Crap. I'm such a klutz. I quickly stand and I see that papers are scattered everywhere. Instinctively, I started to pick them up when I noticed someone helping me. I instantly recognized the boy with the blonde hair.
"I'm so so-" I start to apologize when he interrupts me.
"Don't worry about it... It's only science." He replies, he looks up at me and smiles. God. His smile was perfect. I couldn't help but smile back as I picked up the rest of the papers. "Wait a minute," he looks at me with his dark brown eyes and tilts his head slightly "I know you, don't I?"
"Yeah, I sorta ran into you today." I reply, trying to avoid getting lost in his eyes.
"Oh yeah! Thats right!" He exclaims, laughing as he did so. "I didn't catch your name earlier." He adds, winking at me.
"L-l-l-Lilly." I stammered, suddenly nervous. What's the matter with me? I don't usually like guys. I have never had a boyfriend. I have never kissed anyone. And I have had a grand total of TWO crushes in my life. What is happening?
He smirks as I look at him. Uhg. I probably look like a maniac while attempting to process the information going through my brain. I get up, realizing that I need to get back to class.
"I'm Matthew, by the way." He flashes one last smile in my direction before walking down the hall towards his class.