Chapter 9

"Matt?" I rug at the hem of his shirt, trying to get his attention, but he just stands there, petrified.

Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Hello pretty lady! Is this man bothering you?" One of the boys from the group asks me, smirking slightly. He has a tie die bandana on his head and his hair looks like he just woke up.

I just stand there, looking at Matt, hoping that he snaps out of his trance. He just stands there, looking at the ground, avoiding eye contact with any of the boys that stand in our way.

"Hey! Geek! What are you doing with this girl? Did you buy her or something? If so can I please know where you got her from." One of the boys says, licking his lips. His posse must have thought this was hilarious because all of a sudden they burst into endless laughter.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I ask, picking up the courage that has fallen lifelessly to the ground just a minute earlier.

"Wow. Feisty." He leans in to whisper in my ear "I like them that way" He grabs my face and starts to kiss me. I try to break free but I can't. He holds me tightly, practically shoving his tongue down my throat before I finally manage to push him away. His hand, however, still keeps a strong grip on my arm.

Matt's expression turns from shock to hurt to complete anger. He clenches his fists to the point at which his knuckles are a deathly shade of white.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did that hurt your feelings?" Another asks Matt, pouting slightly.

"Taylor. Let. Her. Go." Matt growls. Looking the kid with the bandana straight in the eye.

Taylor walks over to Matt. Still holding me with a tight grip.

Matt stands, immobile. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. Almost preparing himself for what was about to happen. Right then one with a bandana on his head punches him in the stomach. Matt doubles over in pain, lying on the ground while gasping for air. The boy with the bandana starts to walk away, and all the boys follow him like ducklings following their mom.

Tears pour down my face as I crouch down to help Matt.

"Matt? Matt are you ok?" I ask, cradling him in my arms. His short breaths indicate it is still hard for him to breathe.

Yaaaay another update🙈

Sorry for the short chapter... I'll try and do Chapter 10 tonight as well

Love you guys😋
~J