Chapter 10

-Chapter 10-

"I will always be here if you need me" I whisper as I fiddle with his hair. Tears still stream slowly down his cheeks as he rests on my lap.

He shivers and I bend down slowly, kissing his cheek.

"Thank you." He says, barely audible. He starts to get up slowly, avoiding moving to fast because of the lingering pain.

"For what?" I ask, still shocked by our recent encounter.

"Just. Being you." Matt says, giving me a weak smile, laughing a little in the process.

I watch him, unsure of what he is going to do. When he is fully standing, he takes my hands and pulls me up gently. He puts his arm around my shoulder and smiles slightly.

"We should get going before your mom gets too worried." He begins to walk as he says the words, dragging me with him.

I press my lips tightly together. I want to tell him. But I can't. It's too soon. No one knows.

We walk slowly, talking for as long as possible, laughing more than I ever have. Everything seems... Normal.

"He we are." He says, his smile fading slightly.

"Hey, you can come over if you want to..." I say, not wanting to have to say goodbye.

"Sure." He says as a smile covers his face as he looks at his shoes, trying to hide a blush.

I pull him inside. He smiles and asks me if he could use the bathroom.

Something still seemed off about him, but i decided to let it go. It was probably nothing... I show him where the bathroom and he says he'll be down in a few minutes. I walk over to the couch and turn on the tv.

I sit there for a bit. After about 10 minutes of wondering what could take him so long, I start to get worried. I turn off the tv and silently walk up the stairs. When I reach the bathroom door I hear muffled sobs coming from inside. I open the door slowly, hoping what would unfold before me would just be Matt crying. Please. Please just be him crying. Please. He wouldn't... Whould he? I just want to help him... But then again, I'm always the one helping people. No one ever asks me if I need help. They assume I'm fine. Its annoying.

No, Lilly.
Don't think like this right now.
You need to focus on Matt.

The sobs continue.

WOAH DOUBLE UPDATE🙆

How do yall like my story so far? Is it good? Should I just drop it? Or should I keep going?

Comment what you think💕💎
~J