Prologue

I could feel their hearts beating and suddenly I wondered whether this was a suicide mission. Crawling closer to the school I heard the alarms go off.

"Everyone...to the safe room. Now!!!!" I heard from a distance, probably one of the teachers. There was shuffling everywhere as the kids ran around.

Raine, have you drunk it?

Lisa,my closest friend said. I nodded my head and dashed into the school. The portion we took would cover our scent such that we wouldn't be traced if someone tried to track us down.

My job was to gather all the supplies we needed. We were a bunch of rogues but weren't interested in killing. All we wanted was food, some clothes and medication.

I sniffed the air and smelt a child? I thought they were in that safe room or something. Mentally rolling my eyes I went in search for this kid to return them to that safe room. I walked through the hallway and suddenly I remembered my own time in school before it all happened. I found a bunch of boys kicking a smaller boy.

"Hey,knock it off you idiots." They saw me and tried to run but I caught them.
"Bullying,huh?What about I knock you out and damage you're pretty skulls."

At this they stiffened,scared. I shoved them to the safe room while I carried the wounded boy. Immediately I entered,a heavenly scent hit me.

Mate? No,no,no. This definitely couldn't be happening. I scanned the room and my gaze landed on a very handsome face. I saw the gray-est eyes I had ever seen.

"Mate?" I heard him say. Wait , what? I drunk the portion so there wasn't any way he could scent me. Unless I drunk the wrong portion but I was sure I had taken the right portion.Oh God no.

"Mate!" He growled again returning me to reality. All eyes were on me now and I wished the ground could swallow me.

Never trust anyone unless you're sure. Don't tell anyone of what you are. My mom said this just before she left me and never returned. Putting up my walls again I sighed. "Let's go,people. We don't have all day." I said and walked out.

"You're gonna leave your mate?" Lisa asked confused. I nodded and began running into the woods. From afar I heard that growl-his growl to be certain.

And it was really really angry and pained? Why? I really don't get him. I'm 14 and he's probably like three years older. Besides he can get any she-wolf when he plans on settling down.

I'm not really a fan of destiny and fate. I don't need to be tied down to anyone. I'm more of a free spirit, independent and definitely not into soulmates.

What do you think about this? Vote and comment.

Love,
Pepper and cinnamon.