the baker

I made him browned butter m&m blondies for valentine's day last year.

I didn't know what to get a boy for valentine's day. What are you supposed to get a boy for valentine's day? A girl was a given. A girl will take anything. I'll take anything as long as it as chocolate or a bit of sentimental value. I'm sure all my friends and sisters and cousins and mom say the same thing.

But what the h e l l are you supposed to get a boy?

So yeah I baked him food. Because, that's, like the only thing I'm good at.

I couldn't figure out what to make him, though. I tried being subtle, on the way home to his house.

"Hey, so, like, random question, what's your favorite dessert?"

"Uhhh, I don't know, why?"

That was literally the only response I got.

So I recruited my mom who recruited his mom who sent me screenshots of some recipe. they weren't good screenshots so I had to google it myself.

And then I made them, and they came out raw, and I panicked because I thought he wouldn't like them. They apparently weren't raw when he ate them though. And apparently he loved them, and stashed him in his room where no one could find them, and then rationed them out over the next week.

He said they tasted better than his mom's. 

I'm sure he was lying, but it sure felt good.

He got me roses and chocolates and made me a hand-drawn card with the two of us holding hands on the front. 

I forgot to mention, he was an artist, and an incredible one too.

I cried that night.