Chapter 18

Ancient Melromarc

Narrator: Brianna Karlo

Chapter 18

After landing in Melromarc, we needed to decide our leader. Everyone voted for me to lead us. When I asked why I didn't get an answer from anyone but Fujiono.

"You look like the princess," she said.

"I'm being chosen because I'm a clone of the evil princess who might try to kill us" I repeated.

I didn't realize how dense my friends were until now. I decided to do the most logical thing I could.

"I will lead us alongside Amaya," I told everyone.

Everyone was surprised at my choice, even Amaya herself.

"Why me!?" Amaya pouted.

"Didn't you live here during this time period?" I said.

"Kind of" she responded.

Amaya explained that she once had been helping Malty behind the scenes. Amaya and her sisters had once considered Malty a protege. They later split up after Malty began body-hopping. I couldn't believe she was withholding this information.

"Amaya, why didn't you tell me this?!" I asked her.

"We only became friends a week ago" she responded.

After that, Amaya claimed we should head to Burton Forest to sort things out. I went along with it because of my lack of knowledge of the time period. While we walked, she began listing all the dangers of the forest. However, I began tuning her out when she began talking about lawn gnomes...