Chapter 24

Narrator: Amaya Zeus

Chapter 24

Filo stared at me with amazement due to the info dump. However, she wanted more out of me.

"Why were you so angry with Master in this time period?" Filo questioned.

That was a question that I didn't have a direct answer for. Why had I hated Naofumi in the first place? The more I thought about it, the truth was it had origins in my goddess upbringing.

Goddesses were bred into hatred like their demonic counterparts. It was a slightly different method but it was good brainwashing. The Goddess clan were the noble heroes meant to destroy the gruesome demon clan. My fallen angel rationale could've made me see him as an uspurer. This wasn't my answer to Filo, though. I couldn't ruin that innocent smile.

"I don't know," I told her.

Filo then did the unthinkable, she began to cry loudly throwing a tantrum of sorts. This woke up the Shield Hero and Raphtalia.

"Filo, what are you doing!" Raphtalia scolded her.

That's when I saw Yakidroga and the remainder of my group. They found me!

"We're not here to fight!" Brianna told Naofumi.

"Is that another lie, Malty?" Naofumi responded.

I had to stop this!

"Everyone, shut up!" I said causing everyone to fall silent.

At that moment, I heard a whirring sound and a portal opened. A spear flew out of it and nearly killed me. I knew who threw it judging by the portal. It was Malty's depraved sidekick, Kitmaru Motoyasu, the spear hero...