Chapter 29

Narrator: Zara

Chapter 29

"Um Rider, are you sure it's okay to steal from Afton Robotics?" I said.

"They're corrupt as hell,I don't see the problem," he told me.

"I heard about nasty things inside the facility," I responded.

"You'll be fine, Zara," he assured me.

His tone didn't sound trustworthy but I was in too deep. Nevertheless, we entered the factory through a backdoor. Red Rider stopped me when we got inside. We were going to steal a piece of technology called a Freddle. I didn't care what it did as long as the job was good.

"Be careful," Rider said to me.

I simply ignored him and headed into the facility. Red Rider came soon after and he stopped me near a crate.

"Look over there," he said.

"What is it?" I whispered.

"The Freddle is too out in the open," he said.

"Which means----" Rider began.

"It's a trap," I said, finishing the statement.

I saw small silver worm-like creatures as they wormed around the place, What were they?

"Those are crest worms, I thought they were extinct," he muttered.

"Were they always silver like that?" I asked.

"Not in my memories," Rider responded.

"Okay, let's do this," I said.

There was no way to get the Freddle out of there without triggering an alarm. Quickly, I ran past the monsters and grabbed the Freddle. The Crest Worms started to advance but Red Rider pushed them away. We managed to escape through a back door.

"I'll hold onto it," Rider said.

"You better," I responded.

After that, I said goodbye to Rider and snuck through a back window into my house.

"Whatcha doing?" a voice whispered.

I turned around to see my little brother Jerry behind me.

"Hi Jerry," I whispered.

The little creep would turn me in without a moment's hesitation. I had to bargain with him.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"The grey thing," he said pointing at my leg.

It turned out that one of the crest worms was biting my pants and I wondered how I didn't find it before. I had the perfect bargaining chip.

"You can have it if you stay silent," I told my crazy sibling.

"Deal," he said.

He took the Crest Worm and smiled.

"I'm gonna name you Fluffy!" he said while the Crest Worm looked at me for help.

Rider to me to meet him at an auction house at the dock after school. Everything was going to be just fine...