Chapter 18: 4 lost souls

"What the fuck do you mean moms back?! She just shows up out of the blue and decides she actually wants to be a parent? To be apart of my life? Our lives?! Are you fucking kidding me?!" He screamed.

"DaKarie. Sit your ass down and hear me out. I know your upset, I get it but Im still the damn adult. Now, your moth-

"Don't call her that. Where the fuck has she been when you were raising her kid." Joseph stared, his face tight. He was quite for some time.

He couldn't understand what the hell the man was thinking, how he could be so quick just to drop at her fucking feet. After all the work he'd done to save their family?

"You..you haven't seen her in years. We've been talking for a few months now. She's clean. She's got her shit together and she wants to come home. If it doesn't work out you know I'll put you first like always man but thing's will be different this time, I promise."

"It's clear who your putting first..fuck this." Karie mumbled to himself, waving him off as he left to his room.

He was punching his mattress, throwing shit. He might've punched a hole in his wall, he wasn't sure.

It was everything man. The coach who was on his ass all season, stressing the fuck out of him. He had to perform for scouts who would determine whether or not he would get scholarships. If his grades tanked any lower he'd get kicked off the team. All these dudes that were fucking with his head. Now his ma. That was just the fucking cherry on top.

He collapsed to his bed, his face in his hands. He could no longer ignore the tears that had been falling.

Fuck you mom

• • • •

"We're all packed up, come say goodbye to your siblings." JJ whined as she dragged him off the couch and to the front door where most of his sisters and his father were waiting. Even Roxy was sitting at the door, wearing her special traveling harness.

He hated saying goodbye to all of them, especially knowing he was the only one staying behind. His mom hugged him, patting his cheek. She told him to stay positive and enjoy himself. He could tell she felt guilty.

He wheezed when a body crashed into him, squeezing him tight.

"Est..-

"It's not right. Im sorry." She said firmly before breaking off and heading back to the car where they began to pull away. JJ sighed.

He'd always been ashamed of his look's. He'd always had trouble with intimacy and letting others close. But not once was being gay his issue. Not for him anyway.

But in that moment, just for a second he thought, maybe their right.

• • • •
"Xavier, I told you, I'm fine-

"No, your not fucking fine! That asshole hit you!" He yelled, damping at the cut under Kyle's eye and the blood dripping from his nose. He tried pulling away but Xavier forced his head toward him again.

"Dude, seriously talk otherwise Ill just have the police do it for me."

"Xaiv-

"What?! He hit you Kyle. Tell me what happened."

"I..it was nothing, really. We had a disagreement. That's all. He started in on me about Harvard and I got fed up. Told him I wanted to stay in the band with you, do something. Anything but Harvard."