2

"NYPD, warrant! NYPD, warrant!"

"Police! Police!" The shouts of the officers fill the house amidst the breaking of glass. "Police!"

The house is dark; flashlights switch on, panning around the building interior.

The sound of barking intensifies. We sent the drone up, and the rotor wash is like a constant insect buzz. More glass breaks as the SWAT ladder makes entry from all access points.

I nod towards the nearest closed door.

"Let's clear this out," I tell my partner. Moments later, I call out: "Clear."

"Hey, Beast," Ken calls to get my attention. He points to a closet on his left.

"You wanna search that? Go ahead; I'll hold you." I station myself outside the door.

A woman I'm assuming is the fugitive's wife comes out of the master bedroom crying.

"I-I don't wanna press charges," she blubbers. With a black eye.

"I don't give a shit," I mutter, marching past. "He's going to jail."

One by one, we search the rooms.

I bang on the last door I can see on this floor. "NYPD, make yourself known!"

"Cover left," I tell Ken. Six feet of black fury, he's the only one I trust with my life. "I'm lethal, you got less?"

"Yep."

"Hold long for me right here," I order. "Cover long."

When I try the door, however, it's locked. Listening carefully, I can hear someone pacing around on the other side.

I motion for the officers to huddle. 

"So here's the game plan I have right now," I murmur. "Ken's gonna go outside, get PID, keep a tase on him in case he tries anything. I'll barge in and apprehend. If he resists, you join me."

"Copy."

"Lethal first," I remind. "I'm taser one."

"I'll be taser two."

"Ken, go outside and try to get a visual on him through the window."

"Ten-four," he nods, then jogs off to do as bid.

I look back over my shoulder through the window at the onlookers from before creeping up on us again.

"You come any closer, we're gonna have a different talk, you understand?" My gruff bark keeps them at bay.

"Want me to handle 'em, Beast? Smoke 'em out real quick?"

"No, I don't think they'll give us any trouble."

I try the door again, then give it a good kick. "Barricaded," I mutter. "Tony, get me something heavy."

This seems to rile Ron right up. His muffled yelling sounds through the door.