°13 ʸᵉᵃʳˢ ᵃᵍᵒ°

You were running for your life towards the MSC studio In Ha told you to go to. Your mind was spinning around with millions of thoughts. You were thinking of the worst kinds of scenarios. When you finally arrived at the front of the studio, you saw In Ha sitting on the sideline. Her gaze was blank and her eyes were moist as if she just saw the most shocking thing ever. "C-Choi In Ha?" You stammered as you approached up to her. "What happened?" You didn't receive any response. She just passed over her phone to you. You took it a little bit surprised as you glanced at the picture:

 You took it a little bit surprised as you glanced at the picture:

You frowned as you glimpsed back at her. "What's this?" You questioned. "Gi Ha Myeong little brother's shoe." She spoke with a one-toned voice. "So?" You asked as you felt the atmosphere adjusting rather swiftly. She turned her face to you, causing your eyes to lock. "Choi Dal Po..." She spoke followed by a sob. You placed the phone on the ground aside you two as you pulled her close into your embrace. "It's okay-" You mumble as you try to calm her down. "I can't-" In Ha burst out in tears as she nuzzled into your embrace. Your e/c orbs move towards the phone as you could see the picture of the shoe, still being visible.

Choi In Ha's pov a few minutes ago...

"Oi! Choi In ha!" I turn around and stop walking, remarking my chief standing there. "Come here for a minute.", "What? Of course." I hurry up to him as he made a gesture at his office. I walk inside of it as he closes the door behind. It felt a little bit strange and the air felt thick. "Museun irisibnikka? (What is it?)", "Neohante jeo butaghalge hana isseoseo. (I have a favor to ask you.)" I frown a little bit confused nor surprised as I scan his facial expression. He looks rather serious with a soft tone of concern. "What is it?" I question as our eyes meet. He sighs softly. "Firstㅡ There's something you must see." He gestures at the two chairs that were underneath the table with a computer on. 

He walks up to one of the chairs and sits down. I look a little bit confused and follow him, sitting down aside him. "Who is this person?" I ask as my eyes move over the computer, showing a teenage boy with moist eyes and a coconut haired style. He also held a trophy in his hand.

"It is Gi Jae Myeong, 13 years ago-" My chief speaks up as he keeps looking at the screen

"It is Gi Jae Myeong, 13 years ago-" My chief speaks up as he keeps looking at the screen. His eyes move towards me as I peer back at him. "-Saying his father is innocent, he once had an interview with us." He finishes his sentence. My facial expression and thoughts turned surprised. "Really?" I swiftly rest my gaze back on the screen. "If we get this out now, could it be an item?" I ask as a small smile places itself on my face. "Ildan bwa. (For now, just watch)" my chief presses the space button on the keyboard as the video on the screen starts playing.

Reporter: Don't look at the camera, look at me. You're ready, right?

Gi Jae Myeong: Yes...

"Oh, it's mom," I mumble to myself as I quickly glimpse to my chief before looking back at the screen. "Chief interviewed him?" I question as I feel my heart slightly beating faster. "Yeah-" my chief nods his head along with a sigh and a busted facial expression.

R: What is that trophy?

GJM: Thisㅡ

Silence remains on the screen for a while as I realize that my own mother interviewed him. Her voice seemed cold just like she does to me.

GJM: This is the award that my father got for being the best fireman last year. During 21 years and 2 months as a fireman, he went on 73O fire calls. For saving over 1,4OO lives and their properties...

That's when I notice he swallows. his orbs became more moist, even red-ish.

GJM: He received this award.

R: Then why do you think your father ran away and his instead of turning himself in?

I blink while looking at the screen. I swallow with slight concern bottling up as a tear rolls down Gi Jae Myeong's eye.

GJM: My father...

A sob left from his lips as he takes a deep breath. I give my chief a quick glance which was now biting on his nail. I look down before locking my eyes on the screen again.

GJM: Died while performing his duty.

R: What do you mean? A Pinocchio witness even testified to seeing him.

GJM: Rather than the Pinocchio, I believe my father!!

GJM: That Pinocchio didn't see right!

R: Wait, student. That's not the kind of talk we're here toㅡ!

GJM: I ALSO WISH HE WAS ALIVE!

More tears stream down Gi Jae Myeong's face. I swallow once again as I feel something tightening around my throat.

GJM: In this world- where do you find a son who wishes his father to be dead? Even if people point at him for being cowardly, even if I can't see him for the rest of my life, I JUST WISH HE WERE ALIVE!

GJM: But he is not that heartless person.. he's not someone who would leave his colleagues and run away- He is all the more not a person who would go into hiding while leaving his family behind!

GJM: As a son, I detest saying my father is dead. Because I am his son... I know my father died...while performing his duty.

R: That's enough. Let's stop here.

My chief places his fingers on the space bar once again, causing the video to stop playing, showing a heartbroken nor angry Gi Jae Myeong on the screen that remains visible. I look down at the floor as I felt the chief's eyes burning into my face. I sigh softly followed by a blink as I try to hold back tears. This video was way too much. "Igeor wae jeohante... (Why did you show this to me...?)" I mumble while keeping my eyes down on my feet. The chief sighs softly as he stokes his bottom lip with his fingers. His gaze moves up to me as mine moves up as well.