Chapter 8

This chapter has mature sexual themes, I don't write them that much so don't judge... If you want to skip that part go right ahead. Read at your own risk, anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter!

"You're being completely oblivious, it's actually unbelievable!" I say exasperatedly at the fact he was in denial. Always! What is with this man and his want to be right?

"Alina, I swear to god that I don't know what you're talking about. If you called me, I would of came no matter what, even if you were in the hospital." He said clearly, trying to get his point across.

"Don't lie to me. I'm done with thinking that you'll always be fucking around for me. Cut the crap, I don't want to hear your stupid excuse. Just go back home with your friends. I don't even think that things can work for us anymore, also tell Sarah that I'm glad she told me you never wanted to see or hear from me again. She saved me from worthless effort. If I kept trying to see you, I would of probably stayed with an inconsiderate, self-conceited, arrogant asshole and thank god she prevented that. Go run back and fuck her, maybe she will enjoy your bullshit." I snap at him keeping my voice low because Leo is sleeping upstairs.

"Are you jealous of Sarah?" He chuckles, "we've never had sex if that's what you're curious about, but wait... what did you say about Sarah telling you?" His facial expression changed so quickly.

"That's so fucking irrelevant right now!" I laugh irritated, "why do you need to know? You literally told her yourself that night. Cut your fucking bullshit."

"I didn't say shit to Sarah, what night Alina?" He said more sternly and serious.

"Now you want to bring up old nightmares do you? Well for your memory loss let me remind you, you little imbecile. I fucking called you when I was in labour due to maternal distress that was caused by all the articles that you made a statement in, I called and your phone picked up. I told you that I was in the hospital scared out of my fucking mind! You told Sarah to tell me that you didn't want anything to do with me anymore, she hung up and I was alone in a hospital bed waiting for your child to be brought out into this world. When I-I-I could of died and he would've grown up alone without me. Anything could've happened Nathan and you weren't there. What happened to 'for better, for worse'? Or 'in sickness and in health'? I regret everything with you honestly."

The look on Nathan's face was hurt, I really just hit him hard with my words. Then which surprised me was a tears that ran down his face, "I swear, I-I-I didn't even know you called Alina... I wanted to call you after a year, but then it said your number was unavailable and I assumed that you changed your number. I didn't even know you called." He clenches his jaw while clenching his fists and this was a rare vulnerable time that he actually cried in front of me.

"What do you mean you didn't know? You told Sarah that you wanted nothing to do with me. You were having the time of your life with family or friends and I was a loner in a hospital." I sob.

"I've never said anything, if I am correct, that night Sarah, Matt, Lana and some other friends were over just spending some time together. I was cooking a new dish for them because it reminded me of you, how you brought everyone together all the time, cooked and cared for them, I never even heard my phone ring, nor a notification."

"It's okay, you don't have to pretend to like me Nathan. I get it. I just wish that I was never to conceited with happiness to think that I was never going to be alone again. In the end, I ended up alone like always..."

"That's the thing Alina, I always liked you, for god sake I love you with all my heart. Ever since that day in that coffee shop. Never one day in my life has a day gone by where you didn't come into my thoughts. I would've went back to you within seconds, when you went off the radar I tried to look for you. Even I paid every person to help me but you just vanished, no social media, phone number changed, your last name changed and I forgot to even use your old last name because I was so used to Mrs. Peterson. You went back to being the Alina Carson like before... Sarah lied and it pains me. What was she thinking?" Nathan says angrily clenching his fists till his knuckles turned white.