Chapter 36

Things took a very fast pace turn for Luc after things happened, "I want to apologize to Nathan, he cut me out completely and I can't blame him. One day I hope that we'll be able to confront each other and talk about it." He tells me what he wants to do, "wait," he looks at me, "is that Nathan's kid?"

I chuckle, "yes it is, and he is incredible."

His face turns into confusion trying to do all the calculations, "what? How is that possible? He is in kin.. you were pregnant when you got kicked out?!"

"Shhh, the whole world doesn't need to know." I tell him sternly.

"Sorry, just, no, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I ruined a family," he grabs each side of his head raising his arms trying to process all of it. "When did you guys get back together?"

"Just this year..." enough about me now, no need to relive those moments, "tell me about your wife. Did you tell her what happened?"

"Surprisingly yes, I had to, even though it was hard she understood me and accepted that past. Also, it was kind of what my doctors recommended me in therapy, she stayed by me for so long that it surprises me that she would stay with a person that's so messed up..."

The look in Luc's eyes was filled with regret, pain and hurt. Such a foreign feeling crept on me... all these factors that made him the way he was before and mainly Sarah. She was so close to me that I told her all the things that were to roam my mind, asking her to not tell Nathan my secret outings to buy materials for his gifts, even way before his birthday, she probably was creating these pile of lies to feed to him.

I don't even know anymore... if somebody asked me how I was going to react if Luc ever made an appearance was that I would be full of anger and hatred. Sadly, I was just mentally exhausted to even be angry, only one person was going to feel my anger.

"Look Luc, it was nice seeing you, but these memories don't go away and they still hurt." I tell him not trying to sound mean.

"I understand Alina, I just had to get this off my chest, it's been five years, me not being able to apologize." It's been a long time, I get it!

"Thanks, now I have to go Luc."

He nods in understanding, "see you around!" Luc calls as I walk away to the entrance of the school.

As soon as my shoes reach the side walk of the school, the bell rings letting all the little kids come to the front to wait for their parents. A swarm of children pushing through the doors to come outside excited for their parent until my little boy's face appears in my view as he talks to his friends instead of paying attention. Then his friends run off to their parents and Leo looks around for a few seconds before seeing me, "hi baby!" I wave to him as he runs up and hugs my legs causing me to loose balance, everyday he seemed to get stronger and stronger by the minute.

His smile was so big that it was going to be heartbreaking to tell him Nathan couldn't come today, "where's daddy?" He asks confused looking around trying to see if Nathan was hiding behind the wall, car or something.

Kissing his forehead, I told him calmly, "daddy wasn't able to come today, maybe tomorrow...." letting him down was the worst thing to do.

Leo looked down to the ground his whole demeanour changing instantly, he let go of my hand dropping them to his sides until the sight of the outcome was now coming forth to be released. His tiny soft lips began to quiver, yet he was still resisting showing his sadness, Leo tried to hide the tears that were bound to fall from his eyes and the scrunching of his face gave away the whole emotion.

Standing in front of him myself was so sad, I crouched down to his level giving him an overwhelming hug just to soothe him as his body began to shake uncontrollably from the sobs. How could you do this to a child? That was my only question.