Chapter 49

Not one world was clear from the hiccups or sniffles on the other side of the line. "Skye, you need to calm down and tell me what's going on." She has tried to explain to me once but she started speaking so fast that it was barely utterance and incomprehensible.

What is going on?

"Alina," she cries my name, with all her crying I am still left standing here on the phone without a clue as to why she's crying.

"Are you okay? Did my dad do something to you? Did he relapse? Skye, you have to talk to me with coherent words." My instructions managed to get her to stop speaking and catch her breath, from my perspective, it sounds like she is about to past out from not taking a proper breather.

"I-I, y-your, h-he's—" the millionth attempt to tell me was a mess again.

"Tell me what's going on in one phrase." I tell her hoping she would be able to do so.

"Y-your father had a stroke when we were coming to surprise you with a visit, and he's in the hospital now." Definitely was not expecting to hear that, my mouth gasped open trying to process what she told me. Forgetting how to breath for a moment until my body let the air out of my lungs, is he okay?

"What happening now? I-is he okay? Skye you need to talk to me."

"He's in with the doctors and no one is informing me right now." She says with a tint of fear of the worse in her voice.

"I'm going to come to the hospital now, text me which hospital and I'll be there."

"See you soon Alina..." Skye says weakly and tiredly. Probably feeling drained from the crying earlier.

Going upstairs to change in comfy clothes and pack a small bag of my things just in case, I never know what can happen and it would be better to be prepared then to not be ready for what life is going to throw at us. My fingers were trembling just thinking about this happening, nothing was more important then my dad's health. We've fought for years to get him where he is now and he was having the best life, being the happiest he's ever been.

A tear slipped down my cheek as a cold sweat was starting to coat my skin, nothing else really mattered in this moment because this could be the last time. While putting some extra clothes, my tooth brush and my phone charger in my bag. I didn't hear Nathan walk in, "Alina, what's going on?" I turn to face him, "why are you packing?"

"N-Nathan, m-my dad's in the h-hospital right now, he had a stroke when coming to surprise us." I break down in front of him not being able to hold it together.

"Baby," he moves forward to comfort me taking me into his arms while I sobbed harshly. "Let's not worry ourselves yet okay? The doctors are doing what they can, we don't know what's going on but we cannot act like this. You have to be strong for him, that's what he would want for you to do especially."

"I'm scared Nathan, I don't want to lose him. I really don't." He leads me to bed for me to sit which I protest and get up.

"Just come sit for a bit and relax, you can't go like this."

"I have to go! H-he's—"

"Alina, baby, I understand but you have to understand that if you are like this. You are in no condition to leave or let alone drive yourself to the hospital. I'm going to ask John to drive you and he would take a little while to get here." He whips out his phone to contact our driver for me.