Distance

"Ew delete it!" Y/n had hollered through the speaker.

           Keith had chuckled going on paused.

       He had looked at the FaceTime photo before cracking up laughing.

       They were good friends but they never actually met.

                They were online buddies and they both loved it.

     Keith lived in South Sacramento while y/n had lived all the way in Winston Salem North Carolina.

      "No you look pretty."

                   "Oh shut up." Y/n had said cutting him off.

"Make me.... oh wait you can't!" Keith joked.

            "Speaking of that actually, would you-
Never mind what did you do today?"

        "I'd appreciate if you told me now."

            "Mhm mhm no."

"Y/n come on dude."

              "Typical Californian huh? Dude this dude that."

"Oh be quiet."

       "No but in all seriousness, I was- ugh hold up Ryan's calling me I'll call you back." Y/n said hanging up.

           Keith sat back in his 49ers chair.

             They'd only been friends for a couple of days but they FaceTimed more than once and the vibe was never dull.

        They kept it interesting and of course sexual jokes here and there.

          Keith was really feeling it, it's like they had a little tradition going on. They'd FaceTime every other night and Y/n would sing to Keith. Usually they were love songs and Keith never knew if she only sung love songs to tease him. Her voice was beautiful and Keith made sure to keep reminding her of it.

        He hated how far they were so far apart, all the girls he ever thought were a good match for him lived all the way across the damn globe.

     "Life. What the Fucc is it?" Keith said answering the call.

       "Hey baby." Ryan swooned.

     Mentally Keith had groaned. He didn't  have the time for the bullshit but yet he listened to her speak.

        "So I was wondering is you could shoot me another grand. Lacy, is hosting this party and I need some new pumps to match the theme ."

She didn't even say goodmorning or a 'hey Keith are you alive?'.

It hurt him.

"Actually, Ryan we need to talk. I think we should start seeing other people. I can't do this anymore."

Ryan blobbed on and on as Keith had daydreamed about telling her he really felt.

His phone began vibrating moderately as Y/N's contact photo was displayed. She was smiling holding a dog, a fatheaded Corgi.

He didn't even have time to argue so he cashapped her quickly , eager to get bacc on the phone with Y/N.

"There that's it okay."

"Thank you Babe, I'll stop by later to show you my outfit."

Keith hung up, he hope she hadn't intended on showing up, he wish she'd stop calling him for that matter.

He dialed Y/n again as she bummed another song.

This one in particular meant something to Keith, especially through high school. No one would understand him so he'd tune out the world with a song blasting through each ear. No matter how bad life would get, people would be people.

It was nostalgic, he felt dazed as it replayed all his hardest days and coldest nights. Yet, he had envisioned Y/n there at the moment holding him.

He felt such a way about her it drove him to insanity. He wish she could feel his heart beating out of his chest at just the sight of her.

"But that's what makes the world go around, the ups and downs the carousel ." He hummed softly.

"What you know about this." Y/n had said making Keith blush. She just didn't know.

"This my shit!" Keith said wiggling his eyebrows.

Y/n had stopped to take a FaceTime photo of the handsome crackhead before her.

He attempted to hide his face and all the shy guy stuff but deep down he craved for this attention.

"Keep singing ma."

She smirked before going back to singing a beautiful melody.

He felt happy he wish this could be a forever thing but he already knew how the world had worked; If you get too close, it kills you slowly so Keith had agreed on keeping his distance.

Literally.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

This shit happens too often.

I need ten votes for the next one, a sexual one that is.

Ya little freaks.