xviii

KENZIES POV

the next couple of days were hard

i ignored all my friends and skipped school. i couldn't waste any time.

every time i would look at my dad i had to resist the urge to cry. the internet told me to try coloring or sewing to get my mind off all the sadness in my life but nothing worked.

NARRATOR POV

the loud sound of thunder pierced the sky as grey clouds swooped over the hospital where mackenzie and maddie lay next to their father

rain ran down the windows as the three talk quietly laughing every once in a while

one second they were laying in bed, the sad reality starting to vanish, then the next they were on the ground, tears running down both the girls faces.

mackenzie was the first to notice it. the heavy breathing coming from her father. she elbowed her sister in the side and sat up shaking him.

that's when the machine right next to the bed started erratically beeping and maddie was screaming for nurses.

for mackenzie it was all a blur.

all she remembered was screaming for her dad to fight and hold on. telling him she needed him. she reached for his hand but was pushed outside by a nurse alongside her sister.

before the hospital door closed her teary eyed father mouthed "i love you forever" then shut his eyes peacefully

the girls fell to the floor holding each other and shaking with tears.

it felt like a century when the nurses finally opened the door and gave us a discouraging nod and the tears flowed even faster from the girls.

KENZIES POV

i sat there crying for hours with maddie. i couldn't move a bone in my body. everything hurt.

that's when i felt strong arms pick me up and carry me bridal style out of the hospital.

through the tears i could see the only other person in this world who i wanted to be with. johnny.

once he saw that i was looking at him his eyes softened and he kissed my forehead.

he ran with me in his arms through the rain and placed me in his trunk so that he could sit with me, and hold me while i cried.

"hey hey it's gonna be ok princess. i'm here for you. forever" he whispered to me

"i'm never gonna leave you" he adds wiping my tears with his thumb

sofie speaks
oops
also sorry my chapters
have been really short
i'm facing writers block
currently but for the next
couple of chapters i actually
have a plan for them.

vote and comment please 😎😎