Chapter 25

Kat's POV
"I choose life" I told Faith with a grin "very well" she flicked her wrist and under me I saw my pond "goodbye" I bowed "goodbye future moon goddess" she bowed back. I took a diving jumped through the portal. I felt myself come to life as I hit the water. Lexi's mint blue tail, mint blue hair with black tips, sea shell crown, black Sea shell top. And her silver eyes adjusted to the water. I smiled and swam deeper in the crystal pond.

Xavier's POV
I felt whole again. When Kat was gone I felt empty and useless. But I feel alive. Ameriyae, her mom and dada were with me in and instant. "PACK MEETING" I screamed. And pretty soon the pack was with us outside. I shifted as well as they did I took off to our pond. Her scent was stronger than before Caleb sped up. I shifted back with clothes even they whole pack had clothes. I sniffed I smelled her it I couldn't see her. Her sister, mum and dad sniffed and searched our back to the pond.

I heard a splash behind us. I turned but nothing was there. Turning back I heard it again.

Kat's POV
I knew the whole pack was hear. My mom, dad, mate, sister, and friends couldn't find me. I jumped up out of the water and back into the water with a splash. 'Turn around' I told everyone. From the water I saw them face me again I jumped. I heard gasps and I swam to the shore. Xavier was down on his knees waiting for me. He pulled me into the bank where I shifted into myself. I wore a jean crop top that showed me stomach, white shinny jeans, white high heels with wings patterns. My hair loose and flowing

Xavier tackled me into a hug. I held him tight he placed a single kiss on my mark. Then I pulled his lips to mine and kissed him. Threats cleared my parents, pack and friends, and sister all had tears down their face. I lunged for my sister she caught me and cried onto mu shoulder as I did hers. My parents, mate, pack and friends soon joined in. For the rest of the day we stayed at the pond. I let my forms out and about they visited with everyone. Around night everyone left leaving me and Xavier.

I snuggled into his chest. His arms protectively around my waist "I'll never let you go again"'he whispered against my neck. "Wouldn't dream of it" I whispered in his ear. I laid my head in the crook of his neck. His warmth and happiness radiated off him I smiled against his neck. Placing a soft kiss on his mark his shuddered he too kissed mine making me moan. I locked eyes with him and we both leaned him. His lips met mine and we kissed slowly but lovingly. Pulling back for breath he rested his forehead on mine "I missed you" he confessed.

"You wouldn't miss all this" I said cockily he laughed "seriously though I miss you like crazy" he said all traces of joking gone. "I know, I know" I sighed "why did you leave" he whispered brokenly. I didn't want to remember but a memory struck me full force.
Mom?" I stumbled to turn a hand held her mouth and she had panic in her eyes "LET. HER GO." I thundered. The fire caught into the ceiling and spread like a wild fire evil laughs filled the chambers. She was held tighter "if I die so does she" he smirked.

"NEVER" I growled and lunged for him. It took all my strength which was not much to knock him to the floor his head hit the cement with a crack. Telling me he was knocked out I grabbed my mum hand and yanked her form the fire that almost got her. Through the smoke we stumbled I saw on exit and rushed for it. She was out and I was almost when a hand wrapped around my ankle and pulled me to the floor. Fire engulfed the whole house and the ceiling threatened to collapse. "KAT!" My mother screamed and tried to come in.

I blocked it with the little magic I had left. 'I'm sorry' I linked everyone as the ceiling collapsed crushing me.
I sobbed into his chest. "Kat? Kat! Shhh it's ok. It's ok" he rubbed my back and rocked us. I shook my head trying to forget that day. I tired and tried. But I would never forget that day. It's forever scarred into my mind.

Xavier's POV
I rocked us back and worth while she cried. I rubbed soothing circles on her back. Her sobs were the only thing I could hear. I want to know what happens when she was gone. But I don't want to cause she to remember those horrible days. Her sobs quieted down and her breathing evened out. I stood up and carried us back to our room. Laying her on the bed I changed her into spandex and a white button down shirt. Mine of course. I then climbed next to her. No she snuggled in her sleep against me.

I wrapped my arms around her "I will never let you down again" I whispered against her forehead. I kissed her cheek and sleep asleep happy she was safe in my arms.