Blue Bear

How was Millie supposed to tell the people that absolutely needed to know what had happened, what had happened?

If she mentioned the note, they'd want to see it. But they'd see the postscript as well. About the five things.

No one could see her five things.

Especially not Finn.

Millie's relationship with him had blossomed from disdain to tolerance to something very special in just two weeks of her knowing him.

She always forgot that he was one of the most famous celebrities in the world. That he was a singer, songwriter, and performer adored by millions. It never seemed that way when she was with him.

Millie remembered suddenly that day in her bedroom with Sadie, with the Hello Canada magazine opened to Finn's picture and the article about Calpurnia. She had told her redheaded friend that Finn was nobody special, that he looked like a completely normal person.

And he was, in a way. But he was also unlike anyone Millie had ever met in her life.

God, that day with Sadie seemed like years ago. But it had only been a couple weeks.

It was morning now, around ten, the first day of May. The flight to Toronto was at noon, and Lilia had come knocking at Millie's door moments before to wake her up and tell her to pack clothes for two days.

Millie had come very close to telling her about the note. But she hesitated for too long. That uncertainty still hadn't left her mind.

But Lilia was the only one who really could know the truth. She knew about Millie's cancer, and the five things wouldn't puzzle her as they would the others.

The note was a painful reminder of all of that. After crumpling it up the night before, Millie had done her best to smooth it out, knowing she needed it, no matter how much she wanted to get rid of it, to burn it. It was now sitting in the bottom drawer of her bedside table, a little lonely even next to the notebook.

Without giving the matter too much more thought, and before she could change her mind, Millie snatched the note out of the drawer, leapt up out of her bed, and rushed out of her room after Lilia, who had just left the room herself and was making her way down the hallway. She spun around in surprise when Millie called her name.

"What's the matter?" she inquired worriedly, looking Millie up and down as if searching for injuries.

"I need to tell you something," Millie panted seriously, shooting the stylist a pointed gaze. "It's important."

Lilia furrowed her brow, but nodded. "Alright. Let's go talk in your room."

The two of them hurried back to the bedroom, and Lilia shut the door quietly behind her after Millie entered first. "Okay, what's this about?"

The brunette opened her clenched fist, revealing Jacob's chilling note. "It's about this. You need to see it."

Lilia tentatively picked up the paper out of Millie's outstretched palm and held it as if it were a nuclear bomb, not knowing what to expect in the slightest. Her green eyes roved over the note quickly and silently, and Millie could see her expression change from confusion to horror in a matter of seconds.

Her head snapped up to meet Millie's eyes, the question clear as day in her face. "How did this get here?"

"I don't know. It was in my room last night after I got back with Finn." Millie swallowed and hugged herself while Lilia inspected the message.

"I just..." The blond was almost at a loss for words, which hardly ever occurred. "...I just don't understand how this got into your room. We don't let anyone in here unless we're expecting them, and we keep the doors locked at all times, especially the garage after the limo catastrophe."