Keg King

Graduation wasn't as exciting as Millie had hoped it would be. It was rather boring, actually. Having over three hundred seniors, the ceremony took hours to complete.

But being able to see her classmates one last time was the best thing Millie could've hoped for. She was especially excited to see her friends Gia LoRusso and Joseph Robinson again, who had taken study hall with Millie and Noah and had made the hour so much fun.

Millie's heart lurched when her principal called her name, and her whole body shook as she made her way up to the stage. She was presented with her diploma and two academic scholarships, which, sadly, she would not be able to use. College wasn't an option anymore.

She felt like crying, but then she made eye contact with a boy in the crowd, and froze for a moment. His curly black hair was tidier than she had ever seen it, as if he had worked to make it presentable for hours and hours. His nice button down shirt, tucked into his gray trousers, was pressed without a wrinkle in sight. His dark brown eyes shone with pride. He looked so incredibly happy for her.

And Millie's sadness was swept away just like that. Having a boyfriend really did make everything seem less horrible.

.....

"Millie, you're so old now!" Ava complained, clinging to Millie's middle like she was her life support. "Where are you gonna go to college?"

Millie's eyes darkened. "I, um...haven't decided yet."

Robert and Kelly each gave their daughter a huge hug and congratulated her, shutting Ava up for the time being.

"I heard your friend Joseph is having a graduation party at his house," Paige commented after giving Millie her own hug. "Are you gonna go?"

"Yeah, he briefly mentioned it to me before the ceremony," Millie replied, nodding and attempting to pry Ava off her body.

"Okay, well, do you think Finn will let you come to the house after the party to spend some time with us?" Charlie asked. "We miss having you around, and you just bloody graduated, so it's only fair."

Millie smiled. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind at all."

Her family left the building after taking a few pictures with Millie, and the brunette set out to find Joseph to ask about his party.

She found him at the back of the crowd filing slowly out the doors. "Hey, Joseph!" she called, picking her way through the sea of people to get to him.

He laughed and pulled her past the last couple stragglers. "Hey, Mills! Long ass ceremony, huh? You coming to my party?"

Millie nodded. "Yeah, my parents are fine with it."

"My mom asked me to throw it," Joseph chucked lightly. "She knew you would come and she misses you a lot."

"Aw, I love your mum," Millie replied, smiling. "I think you said earlier that there's a theme?"

Joseph nodded enthusiastically. "80's themed. You could come as a jazzerciser, a lifeguard, or a girl with mind powers and a buzzed head for all I care. It's gonna be really fun."

Millie grinned. "Do you mind if I bring a few friends of mine? Preferably five? I'm sure they'd love to come."

Joseph peered at her over the rim of his punch cup. "Is one of your friends Finn Wolfhard? Like the celebrity?"

Millie was about to ask how he knew that when a hand landed on her shoulder. She turned to see Finn himself standing there. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "Hi, Finn." She looked back to Joseph. "Yes, one of them is Finn Wolfhard."