Showdown X On The X Airship

Fearsome monsters... Exotic creatures... Vast riches... Hidden treasures... Evil enclaves... Unexplored lands... The world "unknown" holds magic. And some incredible people are drawn to that magic. They are known... as Hunters!

After clearing the exam's Second Phase the applicants fly through the starry sky, towards the site of the Third Phase.

"Allow me to introduce myself to the forty-two remaining applicants. I am Netero, Chairman of this year's Hunter Exam Selection Committee." He said to the applicants.

"I'm his secretary, Beans." The little green man said.

"Originally, I'd planned to make my appearance during the exam's final phase, but as I'm already here..." Netero looked around. Hisoka, Gitta, and Ayami stood behind some applicants together while listening. They simply grinned at the old man. Ayami could sense they knew each other's power.

"I'm loving this tension in the air! So I think I'll stick around for the rest of the trip." Netero laughed as he kept looking at every applicant.

"We are scheduled to arrive at our destination tomorrow morning, at 8 AM." Beans said adding on. "You'll find dinner waiting in the dining hall. You are also welcome to get some rest. In other words, your free to do as you please until you are contacted."

"Okay, Gon! Let's explore the ship." Killua turned to him excitedly.

"How can they have so much energy? I'm hitting the sack." Leorio wondered as they took off.

"You can say that again. However I do have one concern..." Kurapika trailed off. They started walking out of the doors and headed to the rooms.

"Hmm? What's up?" Leorio asked quietly.

"How many more phases are there?"

"Oh. They've never mentioned that, have they?"

"On average, there are five to six phases." Tonpa interrupted their conversation.

"Which means we still have three or four to go..." Leorio said turning back to look at him.

"All the more reason to rest now." Kurapika finished as they turned back and headed out again.

"But you should be careful. " Tonpa called out. "The secretary only told us when we'll arrive at our destination. It's possible that the third exam could take place on this airship itself. And it doesn't necessarily mean we'll be contacted at 8AM."

"Huh? Are you serious?" Leorio said turning back around to face him again.

"Hmm, that does make sense..." Kurapika muttered.

"You might wake up to discover that the exam has already ended. If you plan to make it to the next phase, don't let yourself relax on this airship." Tonpa said.

"What the hell... Well, that was some good advise." Leorio thanked him and turned around to walk towards the dorms again.

"We shall bear that in mind." Kurapika finished and left with Leorio.

"Let's all do our best!" Tonpa waved. Yeah, right... Here's hoping that you're both nervous wrecks, come the morning. He thought as he walked off to another area.

There's no chance that the next phase will be held on the airship. Were that their intention, they wouldn't have said that we were free to do as we pleased. They would have told us to stand by. Kurapika thought as he smiled at Leorio for snoring so loudly after falling asleep. He decided he should get some rest to and fell asleep leaning next to him.

In another area, the previous examiners, Satotz, Buhara, and Menchi ate and talked about the applicants thus far.

"Hey, how many applicants do you expect to make it?" Menchi said to continue the conversation.